IGNORED

The fans plan for Saturday

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'm imagining us being 3-0 up and a certain @Alan Dicks booing when the 4th goes in....

Then you would wake up from your dream I expect. :( 4 nil up? I mean come on??

The problem is, IMHO, that, as mentioned earlier, our fan base is tragically split, more than I've genuinely ever seen in my 40 odd seasons.

I am firmly in the Johnson out camp and don't apologise for that. Anyone who thinks the atmosphere on Saturday will be anything but pure vitriol towards our useless head coach is, with all possible respect, a bit naive. Passions run  high and are undoubtedly really high at the moment and to ask people to surpress that? It's not going to happen is it? Let's be honest here?

It's only the last few years that this has been an issue TBH. In years of old, the level of derision pouring down from the stands was pure hatred, much worse than we have seen thus far this season.

Personally, I am going to choose to stay away on Saturday as I really want us to win but cannot abide the utter garbage being served up by 'our promising young head coach' and would be howling my displeasure if I did turn up. That, I appreciate would not help the team. 

I hate missing matches but have chosen, for the right reasons, to show my displeasure by not going. A token protest on my part I appreciate but I have nothing against the players, just the useless oaf in the home dugout. If it wasn't MY / OUR team, I would be in disbelief that a coach was still in a job given results but, as it IS our team, I am extremely angry about the whole debacle.

6 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

We have a heart and fight in us but in a positive way. We will sing our hearts out for this club and with every other fan doing the same,  we can get out of this mess.  COYR COYR COYR COYR 

Funny that because Ashton Gate has been a library for a long time now, guess you haven't been singing loud enough

56 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Rather than spend the game shouting Johnson out, maybe a better way for people to voice their displeasure would be to simply not turn up? A load more empty seats would get the message across to the board without affecting our players who need all the encouragement they can get.

Yep. That's my plan until there is a change 

43 minutes ago, Neo said:

My kids are grown up so not a concern for me but the fact is times have changed.

Lots of kids go to football now and many people less into forums etc will not realise the overwhelming feelings expressed on here - they have a life :P

So they will bring their sweet little ones blissfully unaware how very quickly things could turn Saturday.

In my more shall we say care free days I have been arrested by West Midlands finest and walked 2 handed to the away end trying to get in - the point being I was drunk, fiery and had no consideration for anybody else - but in those days it was the norm.

Now I would be embarrassed if I thought my actions scared children but there is far too many at the gate who are like me back then and so will not consider that they are fans too and have the right to feel safe within the stadium at all times.

Without doubt some kids can handle it as you say but society is not as hardened as it was in the 80s and 90s and some will be terrified if it turns ugly.

I predict at least one terrace fight this Saturday if we go behind - too much alcohol and too many idiots !!

I've warned both my boys it might be a bit lively on Saturday so the nine year old has decided to give it a miss. however the six year old can't wait but then he does have a habit of singing city songs when we are surrounded by home fans at away games 

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

And this is exactly why the original post was made. You'd be happy then would you? To see him get 3-4 more games and no one be on his back? That my friend is the way to league one. 

Depends how they react after a 4-0 win, go on to take 6-9 points in the next 4 games then its something that to build on. Would I be happy with that, damn right I would be. Hypothetical of course and I'll guess we'll have to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Funny that because Ashton Gate has been a library for a long time now, guess you haven't been singing loud enough

At least we have been singing and not booing and shouting abuse. 

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

At least we have been singing and not booing and shouting abuse. 

And guess what, the very person who is ripping this club to pieces is still managing it and taking us further down the toilet week in week out. Your singing has done so much hasn't it.Maybe if you had shouted Johnson out more often we perhaps may have seen the back of him ages ago 

people seem to be seriously underestimating the impact that these chants would have on the players, and also suggesting a loss against a relegation rival would be a positive thing is beyond me.

we need a big atmosphere and to make Burton feel like they've walked into the lions den so to speak. Let's not give them an easy team talk.

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

And guess what, the very person who is ripping this club to pieces is still managing it and taking us further down the toilet week in week out. Your singing has done so much hasn't it.Maybe if you had shouted Johnson out more often we perhaps may have seen the back of him ages ago 

And your shouting Johnson out hasn't shifted him either.  

Lets just agree to differ.  What either of us do , we need to support the club and players . 

There is no guarantee that a new manager will help us survive anyway.  

3 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

And your shouting Johnson out hasn't shifted him either.  

Lets just agree to differ.  What either of us do , we need to support the club and players . 

There is no guarantee that a new manager will help us survive anyway.  

The consensus is we are more likely to drop if we don't change with all respect Colin. I wouldn't trust the present incumbent to run a bath without cocking it up if I'm honest. He's hopeless!

Yes, change cannot guarantee survival but at least it would give us a greater chance.

1 hour ago, cider head said:

WTF is happening to this football club :facepalm: FFS SL please sort it as it's gone on far too long now and LJ is not the man now or long term, it was tried but didn't work now time to fix it.

Never mind who's to blame just fix it.

When this guy speaks BCFC should listen, he has worked tirelessly for this club and its fans;

LJ and his boss should man up and do the right thing and NOW.

32 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You raise an interesting point that is almost poll worthy...

what is more vital to our survival hopes;

(a) 3 points on Saturday, or

(b) someone other than LJ as head coach post Saturday. 

I'd vote (b). 

Can I be greedy and have both?

3 points and Johnson gone...

Saturday should be a celebration not a wake, at the game we should get behind the team before and after we should vent any negative feelings  not during the game when after all the players need our support more than ever after this run. PS 3 points would be great anyone wanting less is not a real fan.

14 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

people seem to be seriously underestimating the impact that these chants would have on the players, and also suggesting a loss against a relegation rival would be a positive thing is beyond me.

we need a big atmosphere and to make Burton feel like they've walked into the lions den so to speak. Let's not give them an easy team talk.

Was there not atmospheres at Newcastle/Villa/Derby etc, etc, etc,etc, etc, we are talking about Burton here ffs non league 2 minutes ago; LJ don't seem to bothered about it having to be a must win now anyway.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Was there not atmospheres at Newcastle/Villa/Derby etc, etc, etc,etc, etc, we are talking about Burton here ffs non league 2 minutes ago; LJ don't seem to bothered about it having to be a must win now anyway.

Burton are in the Championship and have earned their right to be in this league along with Newcastle,Norwich, Villa Derby etc... they have beaten Derby and Norwich and so on... why are you belittling the club?

6 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Let's just roll over for them then shall we? Why bother anyway...

Its much harder for a team to play when you feel like the majority are against you, we don't want our players to feel that way.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Burton are in the Championship and have earned their right to be in this league along with Newcastle,Norwich, Villa Derby etc... they have beaten Derby and Norwich and so on... why are you belittling the club?

Agreed. They're officially better than us, so we should show some respect. 

It all depends how  we are playing whether or not  the fans boo or get behind the team.

I'm sure if we going a couple up people will get behind the team and may get a little nervous.

If we are playing well and its 0-0 I could see the crowd really being vocal, roaring the team on.

On the other hand if we are playing poorly and losing by more than one goal, I'm sure the crowd will react even with more toxic venom than the Fulham game.

Archived