IGNORED

The fans plan for Saturday

Alan Dicks

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Surely any abuse should be left either side of the 90 minutes? The game should be 100% on wanting us to win. Us booing/voicing displeasure about the manager is simply going to be counterproductive and not help the players in the least. 

Boo if you want to, but not whilst the game is on hey? 

So, lets just say we go 0-2 down after 30 minutes......do you really think people should/will wait until the end of the first half before they voice their displeasure? 

How very British!

As like the Fulham game, people didn't boo or sing Johnson out songs just because we conceded, they boo and gesticulate when it is clear we are set up wrong, formation/tactics, making mistakes, showing no fight.......all brought on by the the lack of tactical and general coaching ability of Johnson.

That has been clear to most people for months and although I don't condone a general protest, if booing and voicing displeasure starts on Saturday if things start going belly up, then so be it 

How about considering their will be lots of children there who will be scared if it is abusive throughout,

Do what you want before or after but not during surely - does not really fall under the support category does it ?

32 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Surely any abuse should be left either side of the 90 minutes? The game should be 100% on wanting us to win. Us booing/voicing displeasure about the manager is simply going to be counterproductive and not help the players in the least. 

Boo if you want to, but not whilst the game is on hey? 

Cheering the players doesn't seem to be helping much either to be honest !!! but i agree should be trying to motivate the team as much as possible 

1 minute ago, cider head said:

WTF is happening to this football club :facepalm: FFS SL please sort it as it's gone on far too long now and LJ is not the man now or long term, it was tried but didn't work now time to fix it.

Very painful, isn't it? Fans on at fans and it's all down to one stubborn individual who won't admit he is wrong.

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Support the players for the 90 minutes . Then at the end of the game boo , sing Johnson out , whatever we want. I'd even go as far to say , stay behind even after the players have left the field and carry on booing, singing. SL will be in his executive box and will see everything . 

And do you prope that people do this even when we have won?

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

How about considering their will be lots of children there who will be scared if it is abusive throughout,

Do what you want before or after but not during surely - does not really fall under the support category does it ?

I have a little sympathy here. It's not the best  

I did think to myself I stood in crowds singing Aberfan at Cardiff supporters and fighting every home game around the park. 

Kids can handle it. Not the best example but kids handle it better than you think. If you or anyone has a kid that might be upset by what may happen Saturday I would suggest they have a think about bringing them. 

This does, like it or not, have the propensity to go real bad. Just a thought. 

Rather than spend the game shouting Johnson out, maybe a better way for people to voice their displeasure would be to simply not turn up? A load more empty seats would get the message across to the board without affecting our players who need all the encouragement they can get.

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As I said, boo either side of the game. The only people that booing during the game will have an affect on is the players, if I was doing my job and someone kept shouting abuse the whole time, even if it wasn't directed at me personally, that's gonna affect my ability to do my job. 

I knew I was doing something wrong!

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

1, where is booing mentioned in my post? 2 Even if we went 4 nill up you can be sure it will finish 4 4 because of a certain manager we are forced to put up with

Johnson out/ booing, its basically the same thing, leave it till after and get behind the players for 90 minutes

Even if we win on Saturday and stay up by the skin of our teeth I am sorry LJ has done a lot of damage to the fans faith in this football club and those saying he is a nice chap ok great but he is no great manager and a change is badly needed for everyone's sanity, he's to far down that line of discontent to come back now.

Again no fingers pointed, no blame aimed just fix it SL.

21 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Fans who sit back and do nothing week in week out are fans with no heart and and no fight seriously worry me. Maybe you should look at the long term future of your club and not just for 90 mins on Saturday 

22 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Fans who sit back and do nothing week in week out are fans with no heart and and no fight seriously worry me. Maybe you should look at the long term future of your club and not just for 90 mins on Saturday 

don't need you to tell me whether I got a heart or not after thirty years of supporting them! Long term future - unlikely to have another 30 years!!

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Johnson out/ booing, its basically the same thing, leave it till after and get behind the players for 90 minutes

Booing is not good for the players, they may think its directed at them. Johnson out chants on the other hand is different, every single player allready know the fans want shot of Johnson, i would imagine a fair few of them want to see the back of him too.

31 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I won't boo . But if people want to boo that's upto them . Maybe it's the only way they feel they can get heard . As it seems no one is listening to the fans . I certainly won't be telling people what to do . It's gone beyond the joke 

Well said...... Calling people who are booing at this point in time 'not fan's' is absurd..... It's pretty much torture following this team at present and anyone who's goes deserves a ******* medal IMO!!!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have a little sympathy here. It's not the best  

I did think to myself I stood in crowds singing Aberfan at Cardiff supporters and fighting every home game around the park. 

Kids can handle it. Not the best example but kids handle it better than you think. If you or anyone has a kid that might be upset by what may happen Saturday I would suggest they have a think about bringing them. 

This does, like it or not, have the propensity to go real bad. Just a thought. 

My kids are grown up so not a concern for me but the fact is times have changed.

Lots of kids go to football now and many people less into forums etc will not realise the overwhelming feelings expressed on here - they have a life :P

So they will bring their sweet little ones blissfully unaware how very quickly things could turn Saturday.

In my more shall we say care free days I have been arrested by West Midlands finest and walked 2 handed to the away end trying to get in - the point being I was drunk, fiery and had no consideration for anybody else - but in those days it was the norm.

Now I would be embarrassed if I thought my actions scared children but there is far too many at the gate who are like me back then and so will not consider that they are fans too and have the right to feel safe within the stadium at all times.

Without doubt some kids can handle it as you say but society is not as hardened as it was in the 80s and 90s and some will be terrified if it turns ugly.

I predict at least one terrace fight this Saturday if we go behind - too much alcohol and too many idiots !!

Archived