IGNORED

The fans plan for Saturday

Alan Dicks

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

What a mess of a 'club'.

To the point I'm embarrassed in front of people at work, and in the pub that know I'm a red.

It's just not the club I was fanatical about growing up.

****** right off with it.

I've grown up with this club to, around 30 years in fact and its always been mediocre... We've been in much more embarrasing situations... 9 straight defeats under Johnson Snr. including humiliation at Barnet was an embarrassment.... 98/99 was a total embarrassment, a few years ago was a total embarrassment, being bottom of L1 was a total ******* embarrassment! Why is this so different now?

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Agreed. They're officially better than us, so we should show some respect. 

So we are under dogs tomorrow then, how can we compete with such clubs............we will do well to keep a defeat in single figures and in fact a draw would be great.

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Was there not atmospheres at Newcastle/Villa/Derby etc, etc, etc,etc, etc, we are talking about Burton here ffs non league 2 minutes ago; LJ don't seem to bothered about it having to be a must win now anyway.

The LJ Faith have repeatedly asked how we can be expected to compete with big clubs like Villa , Newcastle 

They have said how can we compete with clubs still getting Premiership payments and listed them

Theyve said We are trying to compete against established Championship sides who have been in it a few years

Theyve said how can we compete with sides like Wolves who spend 12-13 million in one player

Burton ( and a few others ) are a bit of a problem

:whistle:

I've just set up a poll regarding Saturday and the result in order to hopefully avoid further factions in our support. It will be interesting to see the results. We all have the club at heart but people choose different ways of showing it. Sometimes those differences cause arguments. The poll should give us an idea of what we actually want.

I've never set one up before so go easy on me. 2 straightforward choices.

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

It all depends how  we are playing whether or not  the fans boo or get behind the team.

I'm sure if we going a couple up people will get behind the team and may get a little nervous.

If we are playing well and its 0-0 I could see the crowd really being vocal, roaring the team on.

On the other hand if we are playing poorly and losing by more than one goal, I'm sure the crowd will react even with more toxic venom than the Fulham game.

I agree with this as it will be an emotional reaction to what is happening on the pitch, if we go behind I would expect more backlash.

however to go out from kick off intent on abusing the manager and not focus on the game itself and its importance is counter productive imo.

28 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

people seem to be seriously underestimating the impact that these chants would have on the players, and also suggesting a loss against a relegation rival would be a positive thing is beyond me.

we need a big atmosphere and to make Burton feel like they've walked into the lions den so to speak. Let's not give them an easy team talk.

Agree, 99% of us want him gone but get behind the players  during the game. Unless we turn in a Fulhamesk performance then it will turn . 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree, 99% of us want him gone but get behind the players  during the game. Unless we turn in a Fulhamesk performance then it will turn . 

99%!????? how do you know that? Not from the 500 - 1000 on this site?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Absolutely and if we play like we did against Fulham then rightly so. I'm not one of the LJ faithful and I think he needs to go. I will however be supporting the players in any way I can on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

From 3pm to 4.50pm lets have wall to wall singing of Johnson Out regardless of the score.

Regardless of how terrible the manager is - and he is terrible - if you are more interested in his future during the game than you are actually supporting the team you have paid to watch, then you have got your priorities all wrong. Save it for the end.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Interesting comment however my point was, its disrespectful to belittle Burton just because its Burton. Like I said, they have earned their right to be in this league..

Rob, I think you've incorrectly interpreted my words as sarcasm!

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You can't say '99% of us want him gone' - you are only going by the views of people on this forum and they represent a tiny, tiny, tiny, percentage of our total fan base...

Some people on here are an absolute joke!

FFS - our players needs our SUPPORT for the whole 90 minutes!

We need the 3 points BADLY!

Do what you want after the final whistle but between 3pm and 4.50pm, let's give it our all for the sake of OUR football club!

COYR's

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Surely any abuse should be left either side of the 90 minutes? The game should be 100% on wanting us to win. Us booing/voicing displeasure about the manager is simply going to be counterproductive and not help the players in the least. 

Boo if you want to, but not whilst the game is on hey? 

The thing is Dolls there is a lot of people who will quite happily see us lose in the hope he is sacked.

My plan for supporting the team remains largely unchanged.

Turn up slightly worse for wear.

Moan at the stewards for making a fat bloke open his jacket.

Having a couple of pints to take the edge off.

Sit in near silence from my seat in the Dolman.

Leave a couple of minutes early.

Have another pint so I can go home hangover free.

Order a curry

It has been no more positive or negative than that for years.

11 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Clough is already one goal up with idiots shouting about their home team. If we go down have a good look at yourselves and think did my negative attitude help or hinder?

I think SL & LJ probably would have had a touch more to do with it to be honest. 

It'll be a nervous affair all round. The fans will be nervous, the players will be nervous, my Mrs will be nervous if I come home peed off again. I'm sure LJ will be nervous but will probably still spout lines from his football book of cliches. 

Unfortunately due to the importance of this game, if we go behind or play poorly there will be negativity from the stands. Even worse at full time. No getting away from that.

So sing, boo, stay silent, wave white hankies, stay away do what you feel is right.

The only thing I know is that us fans haven't got us in this position. However we have supported our team.

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The thing is Dolls there is a lot of people who will quite happily see us lose in the hope he is sacked.

because they probably believe that would benefit us for the rest of the season; not happy but would rather take a hit now than a knockout at the end of the season.

Support the team ... snub/shun the manager.

If you don't like what he says, then don't watch/hear/read his interviews, as I too, have lost all interest in what this man has to say any more

However, despite him, our team still needs our support when they take the pitch.

This idea is highly unlikely to gain any traction, but perhaps a silent protest by disgruntled fans, by not taking our seats until the 12th minute (i.e. 12th man)?

Empty stands for the first 12 minutes of the match would be a better visual indicator to the powers that be, that it isn't just a minority that are unhappy with him?

Archived