IGNORED

The fans plan for Saturday

Alan Dicks

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

At least City were a proper club.

Not now, thanks to SL and the nonsense that is Bristol Sport.

I'm not much of a fan of Bristol Sport, I don't like the spiel that's spouted in terms of customers instead of fans etc. 

Define proper club though, I thought it was awful the way it was ran before... we were going nowhere but yoyo-ing between Champsionship (briefly) and L1 or D3 (for long periods of time) with, it seems no real plan to better ourselves to achieve bigger and better things.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I'm not much of a fan of Bristol Sport, I don't like the spiel that's spouted in terms of customers instead of fans etc. 

Define proper club though, I thought it was awful the way it was ran before... we were going nowhere but yoyo-ing between Champsionship (briefly) and L1 or D3 (for long periods of time) with, it seems no real plan to better ourselves to achieve bigger and better things.

Err I hate to break this to you but....

Would it be possible for some of you to stop seeking problems that don't exist?

Team - performing poorly, we widely accepted we have a squad that should be comfortable in the Championship, so fingers (rightly) point at the management and coaching stream.

Bristol Sport - not an issue. We play badly is a great stadium, on a pitch that looks like carpet and the manager has been backed heavily in the transfer market.

Club leaders - Clearly they have to be seen to be backing the manager, but they aren't naive enough to either air their thoughts in public, nor do I doubt they have had contingency plans in place, either as a strategic or tactical decision on a long/short term fix.

We can probably be agreed that the club leaders have left it longer than most of us would be push the button of change, but they've made knee-jerk reactions before with no sustained success, it was only a matter of time before they went 'long' on a manager. With the whole long term strategy of pillars and sustainability it was always going to be the first manager to buy in to this employment opportunity  (good wages and a long term goal? = ££££!)

Fans - collectively beyond patient and the majority seem to be of the same view, time for a change. Anything that maintains Championship status. Short term until the end of the season or a new longer term appointment. All we can do on Saturday is BE POSITIVE during the game, and moan like a SOMETHING at the end of it.

Reckons that sums it up. Sort of.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My plan for supporting the team remains largely unchanged.

Turn up slightly worse for wear.

Moan at the stewards for making a fat bloke open his jacket.

Having a couple of pints to take the edge off.

Sit in near silence from my seat in the Dolman.

Leave a couple of minutes early.

Have another pint so I can go home hangover free.

Order a curry

It has been no more positive or negative than that for years.

Thinking about it, our double season included a bhaji starter and a vegetable side as well.

Maybe I should eat our way to safety.

37 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Absolutely and if we play like we did against Fulham then rightly so. I'm not one of the LJ faithful and I think he needs to go. I will however be supporting the players in any way I can on Saturday. 

Likewise, the bigger picture is us staying up. The players will be nervous enough as it is. 

52 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Saturday should be a celebration not a wake, at the game we should get behind the team before and after we should vent any negative feelings  not during the game when after all the players need our support more than ever after this run. PS 3 points would be great anyone wanting less is not a real fan.

A celebration of what WTGR?  We are awful!

I don't see anything to celebrate to be honest.

It's pleasing to see such passion from both sides of the coin, boo or not to boo. The most important thing is our club and I feel it's best for the long term future of the club if Johnson leave and we never set eyes on him again. His future is very much lower league management so I hope we never see him at the gate again after Saturday. I'm not one for booing but this has gone on too long and if we are losing we little time to go I hope that the majority will sing"Johnson out". We all need to stick together at times like these as we support the club, our club, not the owner, not the players or the manager. They come and they go, we are Bristol city and we need to talk!!

46 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My plan for supporting the team remains largely unchanged.

Turn up slightly worse for wear.

Moan at the stewards for making a fat bloke open his jacket.

Having a couple of pints to take the edge off.

Sit in near silence from my seat in the Dolman.

Leave a couple of minutes early.

Have another pint so I can go home hangover free.

Order a curry

It has been no more positive or negative than that for years.

Rob just read this

apart from dolman and leaving early  

are you me?

51 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Some people on here are an absolute joke!

FFS - our players needs our SUPPORT for the whole 90 minutes!

We need the 3 points BADLY!

Do what you want after the final whistle but between 3pm and 4.50pm, let's give it our all for the sake of OUR football club!

COYR's

It's not worked all season

4 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

It's pleasing to see such passion from both sides of the coin, boo or not to boo. The most important thing is our club and I feel it's best for the long term future of the club if Johnson leave and we never set eyes on him again. His future is very much lower league management so I hope we never see him at the gate again after Saturday. I'm not one for booing but this has gone on too long and if we are losing we little time to go I hope that the majority will sing"Johnson out". We all need to stick together at times like these as we support the club, our club, not the owner, not the players or the manager. They come and they go, we are Bristol city and we need to talk!!

Thing is, I don't see him as a lower league manager. I jusy don't think he is ready for managing in the Championship at the moment, but a lot of what he was saying earlier this season around innovation and player performance resonates as being progressive and interesting.

Honestly think his career would benefit from youth development, a period as an assistant manager alongside a progressive European coach and then getting an opportunity.

Nice bloke. Capable bloke. Promoted to a position of leadership too quickly.

Hindsight. It's a very precise science - unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thinking about it, our double season included a bhaji starter and a vegetable side as well.

Maybe I should eat our way to safety.

To be fair, that's a better plan than I have heard Lansdown or Johnson come up with...

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Dunno. We'll call 'end of season OTIB drinks in the sports bar, all wear name tags and if one of us isn't there then; YES! I am you!'

;)

done, love to meet you , um can you provide the food vouchers?

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

From 3pm to 4.50pm lets have wall to wall singing of Johnson Out regardless of the score.

Personally, I thoroughly disagree at the fact that we should do this. We need to get behind the whole team, not voice our displeasure on one man. 

Archived