IGNORED

Playing darts

Big Red Rich

Anyone play? I absolutely love darts, playing, watching etc its a great game.

But playing it, its like the most frustrating game ever. You score 100 then your next 3 darts go for 26, like golf its the consistency that seperates the pros from the amateurs.

So go on, how good are you at darts? Ive hit 7 180s and a highest C/O of 143 & i consider myself a below average pub darts player.

Would love to play in a team though if anyone is ever short?!! 

• Admin

Used to play, was reasonably good.  Played for The White Horse when Alan Williams had it, The Windmill when it was a Premier League team, the Hen & Chicken, The Avon Packet and was Captain of the Whitening Yard team for a while.  That was a nightmare, as back in the 80's some pubs didn't sell cider as it had a bad rep, 1/2 the team wouldn't go away to a pub that didn't sell cider and a couple of the team would only go to pubs that sold rough. - not many did back then. Was also Captain of the pool team, had the same issue!! 

No idea how many 180's I hit, but I did win a trophy one year for the highest check out, 170 that was in a Sunday night league playing away at the Coopers.

@Big Red Rich good thread. Had the pleasure of playing with @Arthur Daley @Orbital and @The Bard for many years for a team that started off in the Rummer, then the Porcupine, Seven Stars, Mayors Arms, Shakespeare and finally the Scotchman and his Pack. 

Some great nights on a Monday - we played in the Redfield & District league so played anywhere from the Crown Tavern on Lawfords Gate as far out as Cherry Tree in Oldland. 

Lots of pubs you wouldn't ordinarily go to, Lebeqs, Royal Table, Eagle, Kingswood Legion and loads more. You were always guaranteed a good night though and a free feed half way through 

I've hit 3 maximums and a few 110 finishes; not sure what my highest checkout is though. Nowadays my only games are only really against @SuperDziek

lets. Play. DARTS!!!!

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

@Big Red Rich good thread. Had the pleasure of playing with @Arthur Daley @Orbital and @The Bard for many years for a team that started off in the Rummer, then the Porcupine, Seven Stars, Mayors Arms, Shakespeare and finally the Scotchman and his Pack. 

Some great nights on a Monday - we played in the Redfield & District league so played anywhere from the Crown Tavern on Lawfords Gate as far out as Cherry Tree in Oldland. 

Lots of pubs you wouldn't ordinarily go to, Lebeqs, Royal Table, Eagle, Kingswood Legion and loads more. You were always guaranteed a good night though and a free feed half way through 

I've hit 3 maximums and a few 110 finishes; not sure what my highest checkout is though. Nowadays my only games are only really against @SuperDziek

lets. Play. DARTS!!!!

Indeed great nights.  I remember our order of play was determined by who was the drunkest. Normally @Arthur Daley was on first having been on the cheap beer since 5pm in town. If he waited too long he'd hardly be able to stand up. 

I still play in what is called the 'Super League' which is a tad more serious.  My side has played against  the likes of Bob Anderson, Mark Dudbridge and Steve Brown.  When I say played, I mean hammered by...

I'm an okay pub player who is out of practice.  Do love the competition though - gets the best out of you, though some people take it far too seriously. 

Over 30 years ago I used to play for two pub teams and got selected to play County darts for about a season but  the the travelling began a nightmare and the darts "promotion" also coincided with arrival of my first child. The pretty much ended my darts "career".

The last time I actually played a game of darts I was utterly hopeless........:facepalm:

My throwing action was all over the place through no practice whatsoever.

I started playing for the Reading Triards, the Waggon A in the Clevedon league, the Old inn in the woodspring summer league, the Bridge inn, Congresbury and district, also the White Lion B, the Queens Head, and The Glasshouse in Nailsea. A fair few when you add them up...

Archived