IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Looks like it is

Lees, Crawley, Root, Lawrence, Stokes, Bairstow, Foakes,  Woakes, Overton, Wood, Leach 

Leach says that Root now fully trusts him after a recent chat….actions speak louder than words on that I think. 

Overton is out injured isn't he.

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Read today that he’s opening the bowling with Woakes but maybe he’s got injured since it was written 

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Overton is fine, it's Robinson who's injured. The squad is the 11 listed above plus Mahmood.

I was convinced the guy on the Radio said Overton, maybe misheard.

And it continues. Both openers back in the hutch just 22 balls into the Test, and after we won the toss and chose the bat. 

Lees plants his front foot and is plum in front, Crawley was well caught playing a poor shot, Root shoulders arms, and Lawrence edges a big waft.

I expected nothing less than more abject batting. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tin said:

And it continues. Both openers back in the hutch just 22 balls into the Test, and after we won the toss and chose the bat. 

Lees plants his front foot and is plum in front, Crawley was well caught playing a poor shot, Root shoulders arms, and Lawrence edges a big waft.

I expected nothing less than more abject batting. 

Lees was about 2mm from being not out so wouldn’t say plum. Thought he was a bit unlucky. A lot of umpires give that not out. 

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Lees was about 2mm from being not out so wouldn’t say plum. Thought he was a bit unlucky. A lot of umpires give that not out. 

Most umpires would give that out and put the onus on the batsman to overturn the decision. The only way he survives his if he nicked it. Umpires hide behind the technology these days. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

Most umpires would give that out and put the onus on the batsman to overturn the decision. The only way he survives his if he nicked it. Umpires hide behind the technology these days. 

It couldn’t be closer to being not out but was umpires call.  Most would give that not out I reckon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

If England can get to 300 they will feel ahead of the game.  Lose no more wickets today and it might turn out to be England’s day.  West Indies have 3 very good bowlers but will be interesting to see what their batsman produce tomorrow 

Should reach 300, only another 50 or so to get. First innings runs are so crucial. Hopefully 400+ will be a decent total.

Edited by Robbored

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

268-6 with partnerships of 67, 99 and 54no, that feels like England won a day at last, despite the usual horrorshow start.

Yep, I think most England fans would be happy enough at the end of play. I reckon that Alistair Cook was the last England opener to score a century. I can’t think of any since.

Edited by Robbored