IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

If Braithwaite wants to know what disrespect feels like we could eff off to the IPL. Instead of playing the last test ..

?

From listening to Collingwood it sounds like we were pissed off with the quality of the pitch (rightfully) and maybe this was a small slice of revenge. As Butch is pointing out now though, have we injured Stokes in the process by keeping him out there unnecessarily? Next Test in four days time? Daft keeping them out there 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

From listening to Collingwood it sounds like we were pissed off with the quality of the pitch (rightfully) and maybe this was a small slice of revenge. As Butch is pointing out now though, have we injured Stokes in the process by keeping him out there unnecessarily? Next Test in four days time? Daft keeping them out there 

Well Ambrose said he was embarrassed by the state of the pitch on the first day, says it all really....

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is what happens when you give the likes of Stokes a strong base to work from. 

Mental amount of English there, must be 10k 

Yep. Must have been a nice change for him to come in at 250-3 instead of 25-3.

I think I heard them say they were expecting 10k out there on the radio yesterday.

• Like 1

I was out in Barbados in 2009 and they said there were 15k of us, which was mad. Great place to watch cricket, but the pitches are graveyards for bowlers. That game ended in a draw, much like I expect this one to. Still, it’s a great chance for us to get at least 500 on the board for the first time in what feels like years. 

Edited by tin

1 minute ago, tin said:

I was out in Barbados in 2009 and they said they were 15k of us there, which was mad. Great place to watch cricket, but the pitches are graveyards for bowlers. That game ended in a draw, much like I expect this one to. Still, it’s a great chance for us to get at least 500 on the board for the first time in what feels like years. 

That's believable. England do travel in huge numbers. Must have been a few thousand in Galle in 2012 but by the time the series got to Colombo they estimated 7k England and the ground was packed. Must admit I enjoyed India in 2016 more when there was probably only a couple of thousand in Mumbai and even less in Chennai, maybe as few as 500. More authentic being away and outnumbered by home support.

As nice as Barbados is, I'm not too gutted to not be there as the island must be like one big England football away day at the moment. The Test I'd have chosen would've been the next one in Grenada, much less developed island, more chilled, and less England! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's believable. England do travel in huge numbers. Must have been a few thousand in Galle in 2012 but by the time the series got to Colombo they estimated 7k England and the ground was packed. Must admit I enjoyed India in 2016 more when there was probably only a couple of thousand in Mumbai and even less in Chennai, maybe as few as 500. More authentic being away and outnumbered by home support.

As nice as Barbados is, I'm not too gutted to not be there as the island must be like one big England football away day at the moment. The Test I'd have chosen would've been the next one in Grenada, much less developed island, more chilled, and less England! 

I loved watching us in Galle in 2018, I even bumped into your brother in a bar in Unawatuna!  But I agree with you that Mumbai was probably better because it wasn’t a ‘tourist trap’ like Barbados, Melbourne, Cape Town or Galle. Good to enjoy a few beers with you out in Mumbai back then, too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is what happens when you give the likes of Stokes a strong base to work from. 

Mental amount of English there, must be 10k 

Fantastic innings.
Easy 10k here, about 5k at Antigua. 

In more important news after a narrow 6-5 defeat in Antigua, City are winning flag wars about 7-1 here against our small neighbours 

• Like 2

As a Somerset and Jack Leach fan I must say his bowling today is getting on my nerves.

With the players playing for stumps every bloody delivery has been exactly the same, just firing it in at 89/90 kph 

The one time he takes the pace off the batsman is in trouble. Mix it up for christs sake. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Broad and Anderson probably both gone in the side laughing at how they’ve not had to bowl on these pitches tbh.

Darren Gough said much the same on the radio earlier.

Kemar Roach was interviewed after play had finished yesterday and was having a proper moan about the pitches in the Caribbean, how they do nothing for fast bowlers and aren't enjoyable to bowl on. All the hallmarks of a man thinking "why am I still doing this?"