IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Pitches like this are a poor advert for Test Cricket.

I've been watching three hours straight and would have to agree. It can be painful watching cricket on the sub-continent but this is a joke with not much prospect of a result.

Stokes/Blackwood was the liveliest it got.

Until now, fair play Lawrence!

• Like 1

I enjoyed some of Leach , when he was getting some spin, but it's a hard watch .
I agree about the pitches. Not much happening, and now they realise they can just drop anchor and wait, it's a war of attrition . 

I doubt the pitch for the 3rd Test will be much livelier.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Another flat uninspiring wicket, not much of an advert for test cricket with batsman dominating. It’s pretty crap tbh

Hopefully the third test will have a more a more equal wicket.

These uninspiring wickets are beginning to get on my tits..

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Broken the record for the most balls faced by a West Indian in a Test match. More even than Lara when he got 400 or 375.

And as well as he’s batted if that doesn’t tell you what the pitch was like……

The cynic in me thinks the WICB has wanted all the tests to go 5 days to make some cash from the large  number of tourists. Hope Grenada proves me wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

And as well as he’s batted if that doesn’t tell you what the pitch was like……

The cynic in me thinks the WICB has wanted all the tests to go 5 days to make some cash from the large  number of tourists. Hope Grenada proves me wrong.

It could easily be that the Windies don’t back their batsmen to score the runs needed on a more bowler friendly pitch. I don’t think if we see a Grenada pitch similar to the first two that it will prove they’ve done it for profit. 

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It could easily be that the Windies don’t back their batsmen to score the runs needed on a more bowler friendly pitch. I don’t think if we see a Grenada pitch similar to the first two that it will prove they’ve done it for profit. 

True of course, although had they not also seen us bat!?

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought there were some good psychological victories in that test. The WI will know that have the tooks to hurt them with bat and ball, our confidence should be very high for the next test.

There were. I still think batting first has been a mistake in both tests so far (I think we won both tosses?). We`d be better off getting the bowlers at them first IMO.

On 21/03/2022 at 00:14, And Its Smith said:

George Dobell in theCricketer now hinting that drink sales may have been a reason for the flat decks.