IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Perhaps you would like to make a note of that for the next time you wonder how many England openers have scored a century since Cook. :) 

Thing is - I and many England fans expected Cook to score a ton based on his impressive opening stats. He really was a top opener.

Averaged around 45 I think.

Edited by Robbored
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Noticed during ad breaks that Sky have lost the T20 blast to BT now as well.  Other than football and F1 is there much left.. 

I was in a pub earlier and all they seemed to have was old games. I looked up at the screen and saw Dan Bentley coming out the tunnel playing for Brentford. They drew 2-2 with QPR and he conceded goals from Matt Smith (poor error) and Luke Freeman! :) Then they showed a Celtic Rangers game from 1998. I have never had Sky so it's no skin off my nose, but their subscription must be losing value pretty much everyday.

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

Noticed during ad breaks that Sky have lost the T20 blast to BT now as well.  Other than football and F1 is there much left.. 

Just renegotiated my Virgin package with BT sport for £55 a month inc broadband/phone. Very happy with the amount of sport you get on it. Loads of Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and boxing too. Plus Champs League and Premier League. 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

270 would be enough. They can’t get that in 2 sessions surely. I’d give them 5 overs before lunch if we get enough.  Highly likely a draw but it might start turning 

Leach got the ball to turn in the first couple of overs and then it stopped, maybe a bit of wear and tear might help. But using the spinners could also mean a 5-6 run rate, we are running at 5 over the last 20 overs so it's not impossible. Getting to a 300 lead would take probably 20 overs out of the game, the n the change of innings may leave 65 to get 300? 

Oh and well done Joe Root..... 

Edited by Port Said Red

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Leach got the ball to turn in the first couple of overs and then it stopped, maybe a bit of wear and tear might help. But using the spinners could also mean a 5-6 run rate, we are running at 5 over the last 20 overs so it's not impossible. Getting to a 300 lead would take probably 20 overs out of the game, the n the change of innings may leave 65 to get 300?

Captains always bat on for too long in my opinion which is understandable really so I am sure they will set them closer to 300 than 250 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh and well done Joe Root..... 

Yep, perfect timing and typical Root innings. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Only if the Windies collapse and on this flat wicket that’s unlikely. This has draw written all over it.

Maybe, but at least there are options now. England could have just carried on getting batting practice and then everyone would have gone home at Tea. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe, but at least there are options now. England could have just carried on getting batting practice and then everyone would have gone home at Tea. 

England need to win this series. We’re bottom of the Test league………and we invented the game………:sad26:

Edited by Robbored

49 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

TBF to our most hated player/commentator, Gareth Batty, he was singing Jack`s praises on TalkShite the other day and saying he`d been appallingly treated by England.

Sam Billings said the same on TV the other day, which was quite revealing given that he was in the squad during the Ashes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TomF said:

Think this one’s done. Shake hands and go have a drink lads. 

Interesting Braithwaite saying it was disrespectful of Eng keeping the Windies out there for so long. Think I'd agree. Why did they start the last over needing 6 wickets from 6 balls? Bit embarrassing. Realistically at least 5 overs kept they should have called it a day, surely? We never looked like taking wickets. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting Braithwaite saying it was disrespectful of Eng keeping the Windies out there for so long. Think I'd agree. Why did they start the last over needing 6 wickets from 6 balls? Bit embarrassing. Realistically at least 5 overs kept they should have called it a day, surely? We never looked like taking wickets. 

If Braithwaite wants to know what disrespect feels like we could eff off to the IPL. Instead of playing the last test ..

?