IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Wow! People are complaining that Leeds have been given a reduced allocation? Seriously? What's wrong with you? Have a word with yourselves will you. 

The less away fans in the ground for a huge game the better imo. 

Giving them the whole end is giving them a huge advantage imo.

I’m moaning that they won’t be sticking home fans in the Atyeo. Absolute waste of 1,600 seats.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Wow! People are complaining that Leeds have been given a reduced allocation? Seriously? What's wrong with you? Have a word with yourselves will you. 

Listen to yourself! 

The idea of having a 27,000 seat stadium is to fill it with 27,000 people not limit it! 

Your idea of less away fans more chance of winning is complete fiction. Leeds took 7,000 to Blackburn and lost.

Look at Swansea game recently at least 3,600 in the away end, best way to keep them quiet is by beating them.

I don't like the idea of stopping fans watching football games be it home or away fans. Just plain ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

People not sharing the same opinion as you doesn’t mean there is something “wrong” with them.

How did that “huge advantage” work out for Swansea? Equally, Villa hardly set the world alight in our draw earlier this season. And we lost to a Preston side who’s fans came in a taxi.

I’ve never bought into the theory that a large away following gives the away team a significant advantage. More often than not, it creates a superior atmosphere throughout the whole ground, spurring on our own fans to make more noise, with the net effect being a far greater sense of occasion but no particular advantage for either side. I would certainly say that was the case for the Swansea match.

I’m always more excited to go to a game that’s sold out on all four sides.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Listen to yourself! 

The idea of having a 27,000 seat stadium is to fill it with 27,000 people not limit it! 

Your idea of less away fans more chance of winning is complete fiction. Leeds took 7,000 to Blackburn and lost.

Look at Swansea game recently at least 3,600 in the away end, best way to keep them quiet is by beating them.

I don't like the idea of stopping fans watching football games be it home or away fans. Just plain ridiculous.

Indeed. As I have said before, much better for all clubs to give away fans the allocation they are able to, for the benefit of football supporters as a whole, rather than engage in a petty game of reduced allocations that means less people get to watch the football they want to.

But I do think arrangements should be reciprocated between two clubs. Giving Cardiff a large allocation and having ours reduced for the return was clearly unfair.

I want to see the stadium full as well, but maybe the extra sales money would only go on Policing and possible fines for any crowd trouble? Maybe points deductions too, and I don’t think the club will want to risk that.

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I want to see the stadium full as well, but maybe the extra sales money would only go on Policing and possible fines for any crowd trouble? Maybe points deductions too, and I don’t think the club will want to risk that.

Talk about drama queen....points deductions haha . I've heard of scaremongering but that is ridiculous.

Just how many points deductions have been handed out over the last 10 plus years??

Always an excuse to stop fans attending matches.

40 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Talk about drama queen....points deductions haha . I've heard of scaremongering but that is ridiculous.

Just how many points deductions have been handed out over the last 10 plus years??

Always an excuse to stop fans attending matches.

Oh the compliments are flowing today aren’t they!  So have an aubergine on me  :laugh:

Clubs have to operate under whatever the FA chose to dish out, so why take the risk. We are already being watching over our use of flares, homecand away. Now we have failed to control a crowd again. Dramatic maybe, but non the less people in the club are aware and although tend to squeeze every possible area for revenue ( coffee shop turned into sit down restaurant for Man City game) they have weighed up the pros and cons and decided to keep our heads low.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Oh the compliments are flowing today aren’t they!  So have an aubergine on me  :laugh:

Clubs have to operate under whatever the FA chose to dish out, so why take the risk. We are already being watching over our use of flares, homecand away. Now we have failed to control a crowd again. Dramatic maybe, but non the less people in the club are aware and although tend to squeeze every possible area for revenue ( coffee shop turned into sit down restaurant for Man City game) they have weighed up the pros and cons and decided to keep our heads low.

Eggplant not aubergine !!

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

The FA, also add to that the SAG and the EFL also have a stake/interest...

There was a flare at Blackburn IIRC, think it mentions it on radio commentary- one of the first away of the season- so while it's much improved it will have been noticed.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The FA, also add to that the SAG and the EFL also have a stake/interest...

There was a flare at Blackburn IIRC, think it mentions it on radio commentary- one of the first away of the season- so while it's much improved it will have been noticed.

I smelt the flare but didn’t actually see it, so I guess it was dealt with swiftly.  oh and there was one at Brentford earlier in the season too. Yes it has been noted. 

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

What a lot of rot...

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I smelt the flare but didn’t actually see it, so I guess it was dealt with swiftly.  oh and there was one at Brentford earlier in the season too. Yes it has been noted. 

Still it's a big step in the right direction, positive direction of travel- we had 5 by the time of the Man Utd game IIRC- i.e. one v Barnsley, one at Birmingham, one at Brentford, and one each at home to Middlesbrough and Man Utd. We had one v Leeds but that was let off by their fans I believe.

FA and co likely  see one as one too many, but 2 away from home in 6 and a half months is a vast improvement.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still it's a big step in the right direction, positive direction of travel- we had 5 by the time of the Man Utd game IIRC- i.e. one v Barnsley, one at Birmingham, one at Brentford, and one each at home to Middlesbrough and Man Utd. We had one v Leeds but that was let off by their fans I believe.

FA and co likely  see one as one too many, but 2 away from home in 6 and a half months is a vast improvement.

It certainly is, you are right. A Fulham steward told me last season that we had a reputation for them and they were taking extra special care not to let any in. They have had sniffer dogs for pyro  the three times I’ve been there, but I guess that’s usual not particularly for us.

Dunno how they got the one into Blackburn, the stewards did quite a through search of me and my bag, I had a packet of paracetamol and I had to even take the tablets out of the box to show her, never had that before! And yet a flare got in :laugh:

8 hours ago, Loon plage said:

So if City drew Millwall at home in the 6th round of the cup and allocated them the entire Dolman stand you wouldn't have a say in it ?

The dolman does not have a set up for away fans and appropriate facilities whilst maintaining a segregation area under the concourse . 

23 hours ago, lenred said:

How do other teams with big rivalries manage to police games with a mere line of stewards / police between the two sets of fans in the same stand yet at AG we can’t even police a whole separate stand without segregation? Smacks of massive imcompetence to me. 

This! Whilst watching Norwich v Ipswich at the weekend, two sets off fans who despise each other although not reknowned for violence as far as I know, where literally separated by a narrow gangway and a single line of stewards! Never seen anything of the sort at AG in all the years I’ve been going down.

7 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

@JulieH and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

With this looking king like a sell out could you please explain why we can move the Leeds fans over and sell 8-900 tickets to home fans in there like we did again Man Utd & Man City.

thanks in advance 

I'd imagine because there is a much larger chance of violence at a game v us and Leeds than us and either of the Manchester clubs

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

@JulieH and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

With this looking king like a sell out could you please explain why we can move the Leeds fans over and sell 8-900 tickets to home fans in there like we did again Man Utd & Man City.

thanks in advance 

Maybe because most City fans who want to go have or can still get a ticket, whilst Leeds will sell out the maximum allowance in the Atyeo. 

Why risk the potential for trouble when everyone is/can be catered for..? 

If every game was sold out, I’d agree with you, but whilst it’s not, why should special measures be risked, for people who don’t usually bother coming..? 

Archived