IGNORED

Brentford v Bristol City Match Day 10

Septic Peg

In a nutshell......found it a painful game to watch, we lacked quality tonight and thought we were  sloppy throughout, Brentford prevented us playing anything from the back, so we resorted to too many long, hopeful balls. There were lots of poor touches and a laboured pace/lack of creativity.

Their goal was a rare moment of quality and I could not see us scoring, although delighted that we did! 

Hard to figure out what our game-plan was, in the first half we seemed content to contain Brentford, almost as if we would have a real go in the second, which never happened.

Snatching a point away, following such a poor team performance, was for me, the only positive thing from tonight.  

A huge sigh of relief to get a point.

Now the games over and we can be relieved with a point . You have to ask why LJ likes to change things so quickly. We weren’t great first half but solid and created the best chance . We seemed a bit devoid of ideas second half . The positive from it , we’re hard to beat but it’s not the first time LJ’s done it. He did the same Saturday when we we’re on top. I’m not criticising really as we’ve had a  good start  to the season but it’s definitely a debating point imo.  

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Has Dan Bentley shagged the Sky commentator's Mrs? Barely had a good word to say about him all night, and by the end was literally inventing stuff to criticise him for.

I thought that, great save from a deflected shot/cross, all his fault!?! 

This is a tough,tough league,anyone expecting champagne football is going to be disappointed.5 games tonight,3 draws,1 win by the odd goal.Just keep grinding out results and see where it takes us.

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bentley, Baker and Williams were the stand  outs for me. Great point but have to agree that Johnson needs to calm down on these half time changes. It ruined us for most of that second half to be honest.

Thought Bentley did very well, not that you would thought so listening to sky red button commentary who slagged him throughout ,  Williams excellent as well , although we have a great away record we have now played 6 out of 10 games away so seventh not so bad  

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

If we had everyone fit and fewer injuries I'm positive we'd be top 2.

Mental league... considering everything, we are one win off 2nd spot, sit 7th and have only lost 1 game all season.

I understand people's negativity, but that's down to us setting the bar higher.

With a full fit Squad I'd get it...but we are getting points and still in the hunt playing squad players.

Think a lot don't realise the quality in the Brentford side, they are way capable of a top six finish a point there is a fantastic result.

But we so need to back it up at home Saturday with a win.

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bentley, Baker and Williams were the stand  outs for me. Great point but have to agree that Johnson needs to calm down on these half time changes. It ruined us for most of that second half to be honest.

Think it was good to get Eliasson in the right flank. Then Brentford have to defend both Hunt and Niclas.In first half two men was close to Hunt so he could not put in crosses. Hunts cross to Weimann was class.

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rob Palmer, who used to do the Spanish football when they had it.

In addition to the nonsense with Bentley, you could tell he hasn't watched us much.

He is probably seeing what he wants to see. Bentley used to play for Brentford, lost a bit of form and fell out of favour. Therefore he must be poor.

6 minutes ago, swampy said:

'Brentford is never easy' .... not like Cardiff, Millwall, Leeds, Swansea, Forest .... the list goes on.  

Indeed. Possibly a dozen teams all pretty capable and dreaming of top six. Five draws in our ten bring the thin lines in to sharp focus really. Only one that looks poor right now is Boro, and thought a point was most we deserved from that. 

It's not that long ago that we would have gone on to lose against Preston, having let slip a 2 goal lead, and would have been heavily beaten after going behind to a Brentford team against whom we were second best for most of the night.

As many others have commented , we've been without key players, yet are unbeaten since the opening day of the season. We also seem to have the ability to get results when not at our best - usually a pretty good indicator of a decent side. 

Great point tonight.  This team has a lot of grit, determination and a fair amount of skill.  When you take account of the injuries and the age of the team I’m proud of what I’m seeing.  A point away at Preston followed by a point at Brentford isn’t the worst result for any team.  Now to start winning at home.

10 minutes ago, bigbash said:

I had to watch the game on Brentford ifollow and they said how well we played and that we were the best team to play Brentford so far this season.

What do they know?

Haven't they read the verdict of the OTIB experts?

:) 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So, 9 league games unbeaten.

If it was 9 without a win people would be jumping up and down talking about LJ being “streaky” and “on one of his poor runs”.

...so I think he deserves equal recognition when it happens the other way.

Fair play Lee, a thoroughly decent start to the season. All the more so given the injuries.

Almost a quarter of the way through the season and we've gone 9 unbeatable, lost 1 out of 10. With injuries to arguably some of our best players, also let's not forget we have a number of new signings in our team. I don't feel like we have played anywhere near our best in these 10 games so I'm cautiously optimistic of what is yet to come.

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ha ha ha brilliant 

Didn't some give his dad criticism when he signed?

15 minutes ago, swampy said:

'Brentford is never easy' .... not like Cardiff, Millwall, Leeds, Swansea, Forest .... the list goes on.  

The Griffin park pitch is rather narrow, I think that's what makes it rather difficult to go there and play.

Archived