IGNORED

Brentford v Bristol City Match Day 10

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think it is tbh.

This place wouldnt be in meltdown if we beat preston and lost tonight. There's a few idiots on here who would be having a paddy but most people are pretty reasonable and would be ok with that.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Look back at this thread while we were behind.

But we hadn't won on Saturday as well. 

Plus, whilst there's a few plonkers who attract a lot of attention on here when we're losing MOST posters are pretty reasonable. I think its unfair to say this place (ie a majority or at least a fair proportion) would be in meltdown after a win vs preston and defeat at brentford. 

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Did you watch? Genuine question. Most seem to say LJ ****** up when drawing first half. I didn't see so interested obviously 

I didn't watch.

I followed the game on OTIb, so was interested to see that even during the first half when many fans commented that we played pretty well, contained Brentford and had chances ourselves, others were pretty damning about the performance. As you mentioned, a few were equally vociferous about LJ's half time changes and went on to be very critical of the second half performance, while other fans said we played well. 

I presume Brentford's follow comments were made with the benefit of seeing all Brentford's opponents this season, so if they say we were the best they have faced, then either their other opponents are really rubbish, or perhaps some of our fans need to take their blinkers off!

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Almost a quarter of the way through the season and we've gone 9 unbeatable, lost 1 out of 10. With injuries to arguably some of our best players, also let's not forget we have a number of new signings in our team. I don't feel like we have played anywhere near our best in these 10 games so I'm cautiously optimistic of what is yet to come.

I genuinely think we'd be top by now if Afobe hadn't got injured

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Did you watch? Genuine question. Most seem to say LJ ****** up when drawing first half. I didn't see so interested obviously 

Most would be wrong then.  The half time substitutions had nothing to do with Brentford taking the lead.  If he hadn’t made the changes we might have lost...

No meltdown from me. Did we deserve our point, no. Were we lucky to nick one, yes. Bentley motm without a doubt. We will play much better in future matches but lose some of them, just like we will play poorly and nick points. That's football

7 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

If Afobe was fit we would be top two no doubt 

Its so obvious that we miss him. That's why Semenyo is starting to give us a bit more mobility. I'm not sure if he's going to be prolific but Johnson isn't fancying Diedhiou so doing his best to give Semenyo a chance hoping once he gets a goal it will boost his confidence 

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Most would be wrong then.  The half time substitutions had nothing to do with Brentford taking the lead.  If he hadn’t made the changes we might have lost...

Many criticised Semenyos first half performance, and then they complained that we made changes at half time. You just can't win with some people.

I thought NE was impressive when he came on.

Haven't read the thread, but I thought we were unlucky not to get 3 points on Saturday and a bit lucky to come away with a point tonight.  Things even up sometimes.

Brentford did dominate us, but we made a couple of good chances in the first half and restricted them in the last third fairly well.  For me, the half time substitutions did not help, though Semeneyo had limited effect and we were losing the midfield quite badly, so I understand why Lee changed a couple of faces and the formation.

With all of our injuries, we have done very well to maintain our unbeaten run and still be in touch with the top and without those injuries, I'm sure we would be top two by now.

Overall, very impressed with the way the season is progressing under the circumstances and definitely looking forward to every game at the moment.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

The Griffin park pitch is rather narrow, I think that's what makes it rather difficult to go there and play.

Maybe the narrow pitch plays a role but they're a highly capable side technically speaking too.

Fairly early in our lengthy unbeaten run last year at AG thru certainly belied their lower midtable position.

Twice in 2017/18, they battered- I mean battered- us. Away game, late Reid equaliser was fairly miraculous. We were below par yes but they're fairly underrated IMO. Missing Maupay though.

It's a good point tonight I think, especially with all the injuries.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you think the subs were right?

I thought it was an even first half that we ended strongly with a good 7-8 minute spell where we passed progressively.

I couldn’t believe the h-t subs personally....and the change in system (again).  I can understand why LJ might think 442 (or was it 433/451/4411 I couldn’t tell) would help, but Brentford historically have loved playing against 442 variants and passing around the press...which was exactly what they did.

We got a point, which I’m pleased with, but felt we got out of jail second half.

How many games have we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory?  How many ridiculous decisions have we had go against us the past 3 seasons? I bet you can't walk into LJs office due to the amount of apology letters we have received. How unlucky have we been with Injuries the last few years? 

Whilst we wasn't at our best tonight and Brentford were clearly the better team, I'm absolutely ******* delighted that for once something went our way when we least deserved it. The football god's still got a lot to make up for but I'll take that tonight. 

Oh and that was very likely our last ever visit to Griffin Park.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think the subs were right?

I thought it was an even first half that we ended strongly with a good 7-8 minute spell where we passed progressively.

I couldn’t believe the h-t subs personally....and the change in system (again).  I can understand why LJ might think 442 (or was it 433/451/4411 I couldn’t tell) would help, but Brentford historically have loved playing against 442 variants and passing around the press...which was exactly what they did.

We got a point, which I’m pleased with, but felt we got out of jail second half.

I don't remember it being an even first half. The first half hour was mostly Brentford wasnt it? We looked hungry on the break and had a couple of decent attacks, but possession and delivery into the box was all Brentford for large parts of the half. I think their dominance just intensified 2nd half.

10 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Not as amazing as your 4 posts after we score being trying to wind people up and have a pop rather than celebrate a potential good point. That was literally your first thought. Grow up.

Agreed - just catching up on thread and thought exactly the same

Archived