IGNORED

Brentford v Bristol City Match Day 10

Septic Peg

Why does it have to be euphoria or a meltdown?  People can express their opinions without saying they're having a meltdown.

For what it's worth, I think the HT subs were the wrong choice & killed our momentum. We were limited to essentially nothing until Brentford changed to 352. Luckily it's not only our manager that makes poor decisions.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I don't remember it being an even first half. The first half hour was mostly Brentford wasnt it? We looked hungry on the break and had a couple of decent attacks, but possession and delivery into the box was all Brentford for large parts of the half. I think their dominance just intensified 2nd half.

Just watched highlights back, Brentford were better in hindsight....think we started to play at the end of the half, and had a couple of chances not shown in highlights.

13 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Most would be wrong then.  The half time substitutions had nothing to do with Brentford taking the lead.  If he hadn’t made the changes we might have lost...

The LJ explanation thread appears to be full of level headed posters who disagree with you.

I watched via the red button. It appeared to me that 1st half Brentford played a short, passing game. Their approach play was slow, but they retained possession. City relied on fast moving break aways that although threatening, frequently gave back possession.

2nd half Brentford opened up more that although leading to their goal, opened themselves up, hence the equaliser.

Well done the travelling fans, you were clearly heard for the majority of the game.

As  for the home fans opinion; some of their fans reckon the 2nd half change of formation led to our goal  http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132574&page=8

Firstly credit to Bristol City. They are a good, well organised side and we played well. Defensively we looked rock solid until we conceded an equaliser park style by leaving their man unmarked in the box. Shame but we move on. Dasilva put in a strong claim to be a starter particularly with his physicality in mid where he stood up to Bristol's aggression well and then delivered a worldy..I wouldn't fault Frank for bringing on the extra defender. They were pressing hard and for me it made sense to weather their storm and hit them on the break which nearly came off a couple of times. Still early days but we are making progress for sure and nothing is won or lost in October.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Ref your previous post about pitch sizes.

Brentford 110 yds x 73 yds (100m x 67m)

City 115yds x 75 yds (105m x 69m)

We changed width for two seasons but have now returned to original size.

I deleted my post last night as I realised it was incorrect - not sure why you’ve added the words ‘pitch size’ to my deleted post (above) and then replied to it - cheers anyway ...

Archived