IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
11 hours ago, Pippintogg said:

Thanks, but knowing City I won't hold my breath until the contact me about my work with BCWFC. 😀

There is definitely things going on that aren't in the public domain, apologies but I don't understand why they would be contacting you?

My point was that anything you are planning on doing is likely already in progress

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

There is definitely things going on that aren't in the public domain, apologies but I don't understand why they would be contacting you?

My point was that anything you are planning on doing is likely already in progress

OK, but the fact that I coached and managed BCWFC from 1998 to around 2000 might be of interest. I am contacting Neil Palmer anyway. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

As mentioned by @shahanshahan I was involved with the original Bristol City WFC ...as founder member player and club secretary! We started off in 1987 as Bedminster, became Bristol Women and then Bristol United before becoming Bristol City WFC at the start of the 1992/93 season (thanks to involvement of Shaun Parker Community Officer at the time)

Marcia did play for us from 1994/95 season including in the semi-final of the FA Women's Challenge Cup against Liverpool played at Mangotsfield United FC 🤩 but she is a gashead!! And often wore rovers shirt under her City one 😜

Most of us were City fans though and several have season tickets still- some of us are still playing football together for Bristol Badgers Women's Walking Football Club (as are now 30+ years older!!)

Amazing! Thank you for sharing

16 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Crazy - Sam Kerr is of Indian descent (both parents born in India) - maybe this was cultural / religious or an  Indian / Pakistani clash perhaps.

Looking at recent news stories that have emerged since, the officer in question was white, and involved an incident on a night-out back in January 2023 (yet only made aware to media fairly recently)

• Like 1

Arsenal play Aston Villa in the first Conti-Cup semi-final tonight.

If Arsenal beat Aston Villa, then our away game to Arsenal on Sunday March 31st has to be rescheduled (again) due to the Conti Cup final taking place that day - and will probably take place midweek due to the lack of available weekends for the rest of the season.

8i93gm.jpg

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

If Arsenal beat Aston Villa, then our away game to Arsenal on Sunday March 31st has to be rescheduled (again) due to the Conti Cup final taking place that day - and will probably take place midweek due to the lack of available weekends for the rest of the season.

8i93gm.jpg

I'll probably regret this but think it's a given that Arsenal will win tonight!

• Admin
2 hours ago, Eco said:

I'll probably regret this but think it's a given that Arsenal will win tonight!

As predicable as night follows day 

4 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Looking at recent news stories that have emerged since, the officer in question was white, and involved an incident on a night-out back in January 2023 (yet only made aware to media fairly recently)

I guess cases do take a long time to get to court 

So she was sick in a taxi, had a row about it with the driver, police were called and Kerr "allegedly" calls the policeman "A stupid white bastard" 

20 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Finished 4-0 to Arsenal in the end.

If our away game will still take place on a Sunday, the only real date available is on April 14th. This is when the FA Cup semi finals are, and both teams are already out of that competition

Some key points from press conference today:

Naomi Layzell still injured - potentially out for up to 4 weeks;
Recent illness within camp caused a training session to be cancelled (but everyone affected has since recovered);
Abi Harrison potentially available for Sunday
Carrie Jones picked up knock on training, awaiting scan results;
Liv Clark injured in training, status questionable

Lauren was also asked on her view about player/coach relationships, after Leicester manager (and former City manager) Willie Kirk was suspended pending investigation,  after an alleged relationship with a player at the club

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Some key points from press conference today:

Naomi Layzell still injured - potentially out for up to 4 weeks;
Recent illness within camp caused a training session to be cancelled (but everyone affected has since recovered);
Abi Harrison potentially available for Sunday
Carrie Jones picked up knock on training, awaiting scan results;
Liv Clark injured in training, status questionable

Lauren was also asked on her view about player/coach relationships, after Leicester manager (and former City manager) Willie Kirk was suspended pending investigation,  after an alleged relationship with a player at the club

Great, losing Layzell & Jones!  Will be interesting to see if Shae or Fran replace Clark. We played OK against Utd at home, they're a bit fragile maybe we can get a sneaky point, or 3. 

• Like 1

Marc Skinner didn't do Man Utd's press conference today. Various reporters have confirmed that he & his partner are expecting the birth of their next child, and so could miss the game on Sunday.

Also, City have confirmed the team will be in the yellow kit on Sunday...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Talking of kits amusing to see the big London derby this evening at Stamford Bridge between Chelsea and Arsenal has been delayed by 30 min due to a clash of kits 

Arsenal had to buy blue socks from the Chelsea shop and cover up the Chelsea name with blue tape

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Anyone have an idea when they usually announce if the P&R is running for matches? 

About a few days before matchday on their website - the article would usually begin with "Travel Information.."
This was the one that was done three days before the West Ham game in January
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/travel-information-bristol-city-women-vs-west-ham-united-women/

Matchday bus services are usually run if the club can justify them & if there is a high attendance to do so.

There were no matchday bus services for the Brighton game, and that had an attendance of 3468 (lowest for a City Women home league game at Ashton Gate this season).
Looking at the Bristol Sport ticketing website, block S18 is open for the next home game with Spurs (and that block usually isn't).

Overall, keep an eye out on the BCFC website (and social media) for updates

Just now, shahanshahan said:

About a few days before matchday on their website - the article would usually begin with "Travel Information.."
This was the one that was done three days before the West Ham game in January
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/travel-information-bristol-city-women-vs-west-ham-united-women/

Matchday bus services are usually run if the club can justify them & if there is a high attendance to do so.

There were no matchday bus services for the Brighton game, and that had an attendance of 3468 (lowest for a City Women home league game at Ashton Gate this season).
Looking at the Bristol Sport ticketing website, block S18 is open for the next home game with Spurs (and that block usually isn't).

Overall, keep an eye out on the BCFC website (and social media) for updates

Cheers mate, appreciate it 

• Like 1

• Admin
36 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

As there is unreserved seating at LSV, City supporters who are going to the game should sit in block A.

If you get there late, you should spot me/us!

IMG-20240314-WA0001.jpg

You should sit smack bang in the middle of the mancs just to stir them up 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

You should sit smack bang in the middle of the mancs just to stir them up 😁

There'll probably be home fans around us anyway. Will be interesting to see what their turnout will be as the men are playing at Old Trafford later today...

• Admin
2 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

There'll probably be home fans around us anyway. Will be interesting to see what their turnout will be as the men are playing at Old Trafford later today...

Is it possible to get to both games? 

Yanez returns to goal. Harrison back from injury but makes the bench. Napier back from suspension 

Clark & Evans drop to the bench. Jones not in the squad

KO 12pm, live on FA Player

Former City players Mary Earps & Millie Turner start for United. Gemma Evans ,& Hayley Ladd on the bench

GI3g7nMXoAI1pyi?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by shahanshahan

7 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Yanez returns to goal. Harrison back from injury but makes the bench. Napier back from suspension 

Clark & Evans drop to the bench. Jones not in the squad

KO 12pm, live on FA Player

Former City players Mary Earps & Millie Turner start for United. Gemma Evans ,& Hayley Ladd on the bench

GI3g7nMXoAI1pyi?format=jpg&name=large

Hayles' first start this season I think? Glad Napier's back. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

1-0 down after 9 minutes 

Apart from a hopeful long ball, we hadn't been out of our half up to that point 

It's going to be a long afternoon.  Like a training game for MU. We drop so deep when they are in possession, their players can play walking football.