IGNORED

I've bought my season ticket

freezer

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

Simple answer is if another Holdenesque Manager is put in charge many will walk away.

But then equally there are those that will watch the side no matter what is put out infront of them.

If you knew a film sequel you really liked had a different cast from the original and you knew it was going to be rubbish would you pay to watch it?

Point is Phantom we don't know who will be in charge or who will be playing for us. I won't turn my back now after 60 plus years as I've  seen all the ups and downs over the years. Even some gas fans will watch them whatever the level. Same with me with City.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

People completely deserve the right to walk away after years of supporting the club, let's be honest we have been awful to watch at home for many many years now, and certainly in the current financial plight don't deserve to be called "fickle"

If you are happy to pay to go along and watch no matter how bad the product is that is up to you, but it is massively wrong to start taking some morale high ground against anyone choosing not to

I take your point; albeit I don’t agree with all that you’re saying. It’s not a moral high ground, just an opinion that for vast majority of us, whatever the quality of football is, we’re in this for the long haul. 

I've just bitten the bullet and renewed.

I've had much heartache and thoughts about not buying, at the end of the day, why would I give up now. There's always the hope of improvement, even though we're still in grey areas regarding the team and management. The possible announcement of Pearson is not my motivation for this, though it does sound promising.

I was in bed last night thinking of all the options and what MR Lansdown might or might not do, I thought he might appoint Pearson as a DOF and have either a young coach like Robins or even try for Howe. So on the strength of the sheer number of options he could take that were buzzing around in my head, I decided to renew.

I nearly changed my mind today when talking about the never ending pattern of play employed by city when winning possession and then  passing it amongst the back four several times, then back to the keeper who launches it upfield to be contested and usually lost to the opposition, for the whole cycle to start again. I would honestly rather see the full back try a diagonal cross field ball into the corner, for it to be contested there, at least we'd be in the opposition half. All this talk of possession football and playing out from the back is still alien to the British way of playing and is quite frankly some of the most boring stuff I've ever seen. Even the best England can offer are guilty of providing this boring type of football. So let's hope for a little more variety and better times.

Renewed this morning as it was clear at that point Pearson would be announced. I would have renewed anyway tbh but decided I would make my own mini statement however futile. Certainly won't be converting to a Rugby season ticket at any point..........ever. The odd game is ok but if I couldn't or didn't want to watch City it would be touring the non-league scene in the area for me.

54 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just renewed, like @cidered abroad feel we may see a season now of rebuild under an experienced hand. @SuperDziek   and @CyderInACan the Coombs's carry on the tradition of supporting our grandparents/parents ( and probably before them ) Football Club. COYR

Yep. Renewed last week. No decision to make - would always renew. We’re City til we die, and even then it doesn’t end!

23 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I held off until Pearson was announced permanently as this was make or break for me, 25th year a season card holder so seen a lot of dross over years but saw this appointment as a key change to the status quo, long may it continue. 

Ditto. Just renewed following the appointment of Pearson.

Whether the appointment is ultimately successful or not at least it’s a sign of intent from the club.

On 28/04/2021 at 08:49, freezer said:

I thank you for those words.

As I said, it wasn't an easy decision but for a myriad of reasons I believe it is the correct one for myself, family and friends.

I shall update you. I won't be leaving the forum, much to the annoyance of some unfortunately.

Being honest with oneself comes at a price. Removing negativity can only be a good thing.

I really hope City have a great forthcoming season.

Interesting.

Thanks.

On 29/04/2021 at 19:26, SuperDziek said:

Yep. Renewed last week. No decision to make - would always renew. 

Me to. I’ve had a SC for around 25+ years. The only reason that I would not have renewed would have been if GJ had been reappointed.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Me to. I’ve had a SC for around 25+ years. The only reason that I would not have renewed would have been if GJ had been reappointed.

He must have given you one hell of a slap for this much hatred !!

1 hour ago, Redland said:

Ditto. Just renewed following the appointment of Pearson.

Whether the appointment is ultimately successful or not at least it’s a sign of intent from the club.

Agree, definitely a sign of intent, obviously could go either way but don't think many disagree with the appointment of NP, the club have done well to get him, probably renew next week myself.

Archived