IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Know we don’t proclaim our amazing away support but will we take that to Norwich? you are right.. hard to knock that.

As mentioned we’ve already sold more than that for a longer journey tomorrow night. Not massively more mind but considering they tell everyone their away support is so superior to ours (contrary to the actual stats) I don’t think it matters.

Once again the old ‘Gas travel everywhere in HUGE numbers’ myth has been busted.

• Like 4

I’m falling out with a fewer on Facebook. He mentioned my hairline. I mentioned his chins. Then he saw fit to tell me to lay off the steroids - based on my Facebook profile picture - as someone who’s worked incredibly hard on their fitness over the past 7 months I’m taking that a a massive compliment! Who’d have thought a fewer could make me feel so good! ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m falling out with a fewer on Facebook. He mentioned my hairline. I mentioned his chins. Then he saw fit to tell me to lay off the steroids - based on my Facebook profile picture - as someone who’s worked incredibly hard on their fitness over the past 7 months I’m taking that a a massive compliment! Who’d have thought a fewer could make me feel so good! ? 

Fordy's on the 'roids! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Are you sure he’s not just aware you’re short tempered and potentially impotent?

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Early days I know but it’s looking ominous for the few, bought in a shit load of players, struggling to beat poor teams at home, joey Barton being joey Barton.. how devastating. They come across a league where 95% of teams have better infrastructure bigger support they struggle.. always been the way 

Like Forest they got promoted off the back of loan players, and like Forest they’re doomed to relegation.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ahem, Mia Jama.

• Like 1

I'd applaud any fan of any club making a trip west from Bristol to Ipswich, it's no stroll up the road to get a pint of milk.

There were some 22,000 tonight in all, couple of years ago we'd we lucky to bring in a third of that for a midweek night match but McKenna has really made people believe and quite simply one of the best managers we've had in a long time.    That's not really saying much such were the absolute shit names we've had the last 15 years, Lambert, Hurst, Jewell, Keane, even McCarthy, but credit where it's due he's really made a name for himself so far over here.

As for the game tonight, couldn't see it, was working elsewhere but reading reports and replies from our fan pages, the best team won.  OK Rovers had their chances but we just about overwhelmed them in terms of possession and goal opportunities over the course of 90 minutes.   Two stupid dismissals for them summed their night up.

A game where once again we showed certain promotion credentials.    Us and Rovers, possibly two teams going at the same speed but in opposite directions.     The big test will be Sheffield Wednesday coming up on the rails in a short time but really got to feel, this is a good a chance as any to make it out this miserable league once and for all.    If we fail, it won't all be McKenna's fault or undoing, but some of us are going to be very distraught at the missed opportunity. Goodnight. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I'd applaud any fan of any club making a trip west from Bristol to Ipswich, it's no stroll up the road to get a pint of milk.

There were some 22,000 tonight in all, couple of years ago we'd we lucky to bring in a third of that for a midweek night match but McKenna has really made people believe and quite simply one of the best managers we've had in a long time.    That's not really saying much such were the absolute shit names we've had the last 15 years, Lambert, Hurst, Jewell, Keane, even McCarthy, but credit where it's due he's really made a name for himself so far over here.

As for the game tonight, couldn't see it, was working elsewhere but reading reports and replies from our fan pages, the best team won.  OK Rovers had their chances but we just about overwhelmed them in terms of possession and goal opportunities over the course of 90 minutes.   Two stupid dismissals for them summed their night up.

A game where once again we showed certain promotion credentials.    Us and Rovers, possibly two teams going at the same speed but in opposite directions.     The big test will be Sheffield Wednesday coming up on the rails in a short time but really got to feel, this is a good a chance as any to make it out this miserable league once and for all.    If we fail, it won't all be McKenna's fault or undoing, but some of us are going to be very distraught at the missed opportunity. Goodnight. 

What does your fan base think of Lord Ashton?

4 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Point of order sir....

In the same way that Krakatoa was actually West of Java, you, Ipswich and Norwich are a trip East from Bristol. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Point of order sir....

In the same way that Krakatoa was actually West of Java, you, Ipswich and Norwich are a trip East from Bristol. :)

Must be why so few rovers fans turned up.

They all thought it was a trip westwards and so are currently somewhere in the Atlantic trying to make the game…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-bartons-verdict-stupid-red-7582942

The only thing consistent about the bloke is his inconsistency. They have gone from having a "top 6 budget" to having "no chance of competing" with the money at the top end, from having a "good balanced squad" to having "no centre halves".

Also claiming that the Ipswich player "threw himself to the floor" for Kilgoure sending off? They were 2-0 up in added time and the player has got free and clear on goal, why would he dive?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

I’ve just seen their highlights on the Sky Sports website (well, Ipswich’s really). Their 2 sending off in the last 5 minutes are hilarious - totally unnecessary and now leaves them with no CBs at all according to Slagchat.

Although the defending for the second sending off is horrendous it does look like a dive from the striker. Oh well never mind...

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Although the defending for the second sending off is horrendous it does look like a dive from the striker. Oh well never mind...

It does look like a dive without any slow mo, but you'd have to think he's caught him (even slightly) as there is just no point to go down there when 2 up and in injury time?

As for Joey saying anyone has thrown themselves to the floor, Marquis done it twice a few games ago and was clutching his face not once but twice, trying to get an opposition player sent off. One of those he was doing an impression of Neymar it was that ridiculous. I'm afraid you reap what you sow.

How are those crap PE teachers doing btw?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Looks like a "tap tackle" to me, a little contact as the player crosses him. They might get it overturned if the panel has access to better pictures?

• Like 1