IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

One for the 70's Neanderthal Tote-Enders to appreciate.

"Get us a game against Sabadell anit Joay? Can we hang on your every word, lick your brown eye and drag you up Chasers?"

Looking on Gaschat, they are loving it, just the one dissenting voice, being shouted down of course.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder how long it will be before some Gashead fantasist starts claiming that they are going to have a special relationship with Marseilles, taking young talent on loan etc etc. Clearly already most Marseilles supporters have the gas as their 2nd team so only a matter of time surely?

Yeah! But it  looks like Barton is indicating there’s only going to one loan signing.

On 02/09/2022 at 10:09, TheReds said:

Back on to give them some deserved credit....

Even knows what the Sags are lacking in their team. 

Well done fellow red....

Notoriously “these loan players are unproven, it’s hard to know if they’ll be shit or good” is credit that necessarily makes you a Gashead, do you think before you speak? If not, maybe you’re the Sag…

On 02/09/2022 at 11:00, phantom said:

No it won't, does anyone really give a flying **** if they were the best or the worst players in the third tier

I am intrigued how you have so much knowledge on the tent dwellers

I think seeing how football players do  is an interesting thing to see; Anderson for instance was loaned out to them in League 2 and is now getting opportunities in the Newcastle first team. I find that interesting, I would like to apologise for finding a sport that I enjoy interesting though, clearly you just follow the results for City and know nothing about any of the other clubs in the world…

I got it from quick google searches and seeing what the fans of the parent clubs had to say about these players, and the fact I checked out and remembered the loan players they signed from last season and details about them. It is not hard and it does not require extensive knowledge to find out Connor Taylor had almost no experience at that level before signing for them, you can find it on his Wikipedia.

But alas, if you know almost anything about Rovers past “Rovers bad hur dur!!” and act like their fans do to us rather than not be stupid you are automatically a secret Rovers fan. It’s quite funny really, if I was one I’d just make an account on here, there’s multiple on here anyway; but it’s a lot more interesting and controversial I imagine to come up with a hypothetical that anyone who gives them credit and doesn’t just say “every player they sign must be dogshit otherwise they wouldn’t sign for them” and then turn around when a player with all of the signs that they were going to do well and look confused; because I’m not stupid.

it’s funny, one of the most often pieces of banter and abuse I get from their side is the existence of this forum, more specifically, this thread, and I defend it; I don’t particularly care about it, but if I post on it, I’m not going to act and say stupid things, frankly, because that’s not me; so if you want to go “all players that sign for Rovers must be awful for their level” and then look like a moron when they do things like get the most wins of any of the 92 in 2022, go ahead, but I won’t be saying stupid things like that 

• Hmmm 1

54 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I think seeing how football players do  is an interesting thing to see; Anderson for instance was loaned out to them in League 2 and is now getting opportunities in the Newcastle first team. I find that interesting, I would like to apologise for finding a sport that I enjoy interesting though, clearly you just follow the results for City and know nothing about any of the other clubs in the world…

I got it from quick google searches and seeing what the fans of the parent clubs had to say about these players, and the fact I checked out and remembered the loan players they signed from last season and details about them. It is not hard and it does not require extensive knowledge to find out Connor Taylor had almost no experience at that level before signing for them, you can find it on his Wikipedia.

But alas, if you know almost anything about Rovers past “Rovers bad hur dur!!” and act like their fans do to us rather than not be stupid you are automatically a secret Rovers fan. It’s quite funny really, if I was one I’d just make an account on here, there’s multiple on here anyway; but it’s a lot more interesting and controversial I imagine to come up with a hypothetical that anyone who gives them credit and doesn’t just say “every player they sign must be dogshit otherwise they wouldn’t sign for them” and then turn around when a player with all of the signs that they were going to do well and look confused; because I’m not stupid.

it’s funny, one of the most often pieces of banter and abuse I get from their side is the existence of this forum, more specifically, this thread, and I defend it; I don’t particularly care about it, but if I post on it, I’m not going to act and say stupid things, frankly, because that’s not me; so if you want to go “all players that sign for Rovers must be awful for their level” and then look like a moron when they do things like get the most wins of any of the 92 in 2022, go ahead, but I won’t be saying stupid things like that 

Why do you stick up for them so much? This thread is for having a pop at the zombies not the blue few appreciation society.You are on the wrong website

Type in asschat - enjoy

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Seriously nobody on here cares. 

If you want to blow smoke up the arse of anything connected to the blue few do it on arse chat

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:Unlike Gasheads to be stuck in the past? ??

Happy 2nd May....murdered Sheffield United 0 - 0 in the Watney Cup Final

That’s the level of logic we’re up against.

They ignore the fact we average more away than them every season, they ignore the fact we sold out more away games last season than they did (despite us not winning away for 6 months and them in a promotion season) and they come out with utter ******* nonsense like that.

if the Gas were 3rd in the Championship we’d take 5k everywhere..” ?

They’re proud to be plastic part timers basically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder how long it will be before some Gashead fantasist starts claiming that they are going to have a special relationship with Marseilles, taking young talent on loan etc etc. Clearly already most Marseilles supporters have the gas as their 2nd team so only a matter of time surely?

Perhaps Joey is preparing to flee over the channel, hopefully taking the rest of them with him. The Sags will have to get a dinghy back over and by then the government will have decided to sink anyone attempting this on sight. 

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

it’s funny, one of the most often pieces of banter and abuse I get from their side is the existence of this forum, more specifically, this thread

Pretty much every club has got an online forum and it’s a bit rich for them to criticise this thread when the ‘Oh Yes’ thread would be nearly 15 years old by now if they hadn’t lost their original forum through the conduct of their thick fans.
It mattered not to them that they had a huge thread based purely on us losing matches in a division ABOVE them.

So **** em, if they don’t want us to laugh at them then they shouldn’t be such a joke….I would say you should tell them that yourself but I know they read this thread themselves.

Hi Slags ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s the level of logic we’re up against.

They ignore the fact we average more away than them every season, they ignore the fact we sold out more away games last season than they did (despite us not winning away for 6 months and them in a promotion season) and they come out with utter ******* nonsense like that.

if the Gas were 3rd in the Championship we’d take 5k everywhere..” ?

Nah, no club takes 95% of their fan base away !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pretty much every club has got an online forum and it’s a bit rich for them to criticise this thread when the ‘Oh Yes’ thread would be nearly 15 years old by now if they hadn’t lost their original forum through the conduct of their thick fans.
It mattered not to them that they had a huge thread based purely on us losing matches in a division ABOVE them.

So **** em, if they don’t want us to laugh at them then they shouldn’t be such a joke….I would say you should tell them that yourself but I know they read this thread themselves.

Hi Slags ?

Pete, your efforts on this thread deserve a medal.

Your posts even antagonise them on thier forum. One of them called you O Hanrawank once, it did make me laugh.

Keep up the good fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Clearly people do since me saying "it'll be interesting to see how their loan players do, could do well or could do badly" is such a controversial take

You actually think anyone cares about Rovers in that sense?

Your posts are controversial because what you are posting about is a piss take on a City forum

On 08/09/2022 at 12:19, WessexPest said:

? You’re just a s**t Shane McMahon ? 

I might be slightly wrong here but aren't Marseilles considered to be the boil on the backside of France much in the same way as Naples is to Italy

On 08/09/2022 at 12:19, WessexPest said:

? You’re just a s**t Shane McMahon ? 

I might be slightly wrong here but aren't Marseilles considered to be the boil on the backside of France much in the same way as Naples is to Italy

On 08/09/2022 at 12:30, pongo88 said:

It’s always worth watching again 

My gas mate who used to post on here (redneetot) was at that game

He always says to me that 

Spurs 9th goal scored by Hoddle was a good 2 yards off side and should not have counted and it totally changed the game

He said he felt they were still in it until that point!!!

• Haha 7

Well done to them for engaging their fanbase early on in this process. Naturally it is easy to engage a fanbase when it consists of a few hundred people, all of whom belong to a single family. But, to those few lost souls the badge is no doubt a potent symbol. It's right and proper that a club, no matter how small, should undertake this process properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2