IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Saw this thread on Gas Chat re: Trevor Clarke.  I’ve been waiting for a thread before posting here, but TC and another Rovers player were hanging out at my gym a couple of weeks back, I was sat next to them, and could hear them discussing how TC could force a move out of the club.  Not sure what’s gone on there, but nice to hear there is trouble t’mill! 

2C90D4DC-C67E-4C20-89E0-EA66651AFC2B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Saw this thread on Gas Chat re: Trevor Clarke.  I’ve been waiting for a thread before posting here, but TC and another Rovers player were hanging out at my gym a couple of weeks back, I was sat next to them, and could hear them discussing how TC could force a move out of the club.  Not sure what’s gone on there, but nice to hear there is trouble t’mill! 

2C90D4DC-C67E-4C20-89E0-EA66651AFC2B.jpeg

First question.

Who or what is a Trevor Clark?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

The loan process fits in well with the 15ers attitude towards everything.

They won't buy players; they want other teams' players to get them promoted (as if), like they did last season.

As we all know, they won't buy a ground; if they can't steal another one, they want somebody else to pay for a new one.

Parasites.

Pirates by name, pirates by nature. 

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

First question.

Who or what is a Trevor Clark?

In a nutshell, he is a young Irish defender, signed by Rovers last season or perhaps the one before.

Apparently, he did not perform to JB's high standards at the start of the season; indeed, he was so poor (according to JB) that he would have no future at Rovers, but might, if he was lucky, get a game for some team back in Ireland.

He would no longer be JB's problem and was banished to the youth team for training etc.

Unfortunately (for JB), the PFA got wind of this and informed Rovers that they were not allowed to take such measures and must reintegrate TC back in to the First Team squad, whereupon JB welcomed him back with open arms.  

chaps 

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME and all my sins for this saturday

up my local golf course forest hills this saturday doing his talk is the one and only w//ker ian holloway which my mate has a business table and yes has kindly put me on it as they thought it would be it would be a laugh.they tempted me by the offering of a 3 course meal and as much zider as i can drink for free and also the other 9 on the table will put £15 each to the local charity this is event is for.yes i know i am clutching at straws with  pathetic excuses im giving for being a judas

there is 10 on a table and now i have been told every table will get 3 questions to ask which the table is leaving to me what a surprise so i put it to my fellow ziderheads what would you ask.

my first question to skeletor is

being such a loyal gashead what do you think of a wife beater running your mob,which i may phrase it a little more political

the child in me may come out after a few ziders as i have plenty of stickers to take with me to ambush a certain car or campervan?

as i said, SO SORRY for this chaps i ask you and the lord to please forgive for this terrible SIN I AM ABOUT TO DO

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, big dosser said:

chaps 

up my local golf course forest hills this saturday doing his talk is the one and only w//ker ian holloway which my mate has a business table and yes has kindly put me on it as they thought it would be it would be a laugh.they tempted me by the offering of a 3 course meal and as much zider as i can drink for free and also the other 9 on the table will put £15 each to the local charity this is event is for.yes i know i am clutching at straws with  pathetic excuses im giving for being a judas

there is 10 on a table and now i have been told every table will get 3 questions to ask which the table is leaving to me what a surprise so i put it to my fellow ziderheads what would you ask.

being such a loyal gashead what do you think of a wife beater running your mob,which i may phrase it a little more political

the child in me may come out after a few ziders as i have plenty of stickers to take with me to ambush a certain car or campervan?

as i said, SO SORRY for this chaps i ask you and the lord to please forgive for this terrible SIN I AM ABOUT TO DO

You could try, “Do you still believe the only good City fan is a dead City fan?”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, big dosser said:

chaps 

I would of asked him how much he’s selling Chicken Hutches for. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, big dosser said:

chaps 

What was it?

"Price I up some chickens boss."

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Anyway, given they are so 'massive' and their support is self recognised as the 'envy of the football world', I guess our last following at stadium MK will be obliterated this weekend?

How many was it, 5100?

About 2100 iirc.

We won 2-0, first season in the Championship not long after Johnson arrived.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Anyway, given they are so 'massive' and their support is self recognised as the 'envy of the football world', I guess our last following at stadium MK will be obliterated this weekend?

How many was it, 5100?

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

About 2100 iirc.

We won 2-0, first season in the Championship not long after Johnson arrived.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Just a thought on the bristol expense comment…..I’m sure Joey’s brain will explode when he finds out there’s 7/8 London area teams in L1 and L2. How do any of them cope?

Or that £250k a year is a bit above what the average Joe earns and could get you something pretty nice here.... (Not in Portishead obviously, we are all seriously loaded down here ?)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That was the time before.

Still 2000+ is not to be sniffed at considering the pathetic effort from the Gas the last time they went there…

They used to boycott franchises until they became one.... come to think of it they still do.

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Or that £250k a year is a bit above what the average Joe earns and could get you something pretty nice here.... (Not in Portishead obviously, we are all seriously loaded down here ?)

Footballers (and rugby players) are usually offered mortgages on a much shorter loan period, due to the lifespan of their career, (10 years for somebody mid 20's) making the monthly payments a lot higher than those which the average Joe has to make.  Obviously this is applicable around the country, not just Bristol. 

Edited by In the Net

• Admin
13 hours ago, In the Net said:

Footballers (and rugby players) are usually offered mortgages on a much shorter loan period, due to the lifespan of their career, (10 years for somebody mid 20's) making the monthly payments a lot higher than those which the average Joe has to make.  Obviously this is applicable around the country, not just Bristol. 

Just the latest in the load of nonsense that Barton spouts as facts when clearly not