IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

My gas mate who used to post on here (redneetot) was at that game

He always says to me that 

Spurs 9th goal scored by Hoddle was a good 2 yards off side and should not have counted and it totally changed the game

He said he felt they were still in it until that point!!!

Presumably on the basis that 8-0 is always a dangerous score line!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well done to them for engaging their fanbase early on in this process. Naturally it is easy to engage a fanbase when it consists of a few hundred people, all of whom belong to a single family. But, to those few lost souls the badge is no doubt a potent symbol. It's right and proper that a club, no matter how small, should undertake this process properly.

Rob Riggle Compliment GIF by Emmys

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Who celebrates 140 as a landmark date? A club that doesn't think it will make it 150?

Cynic.

I'll have you know the material associated with ones 140th anniversary is Unplasticised  Polyvinyl Chloride (uPVC.)

Our North Bristolian brethren have a long and intimate association with that material, some might argue to the point of fetishistic obsession. If that isn't worth celebrating, what is?

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Looks like the Fewers are having a vote on if they should change their badge.

Hopefully, when they come up with various designs there will be a vote which we can collectively manipulate to ensure they get the worst of them.

I think the middle add board sums the place up perfectly.

1 hour ago, RedZepperin said:

I'm going to miss that crest. It is, like the Rovers kit and ground, one of the worst in the league. To align their brand with their current values, though, they could use an image of an aging saddo checking for City's score on his mobile. Like the photo our friend Miah uses (no offence).

They unique I'll have you know.

(Uniquely shit)

• Haha 1

On 09/09/2022 at 15:41, Bristol Rob said:

Looks like the Fewers are having a vote on if they should change their badge.

Hopefully, when they come up with various designs there will be a vote which we can collectively manipulate to ensure they get the worst of them.

Again...?! 

I mean, surely that's the only wat that their current effort got the go ahead...? 

Surely they wouldn't have thought that a camp rapist & thief depicted on their club badge would be a good image - without us gert 'Ted's sobitaging the vote to get it put there..?! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Again...?! 

I mean, surely that's the only wat that their current effort got the go ahead...? 

Surely they wouldn't have thought that a camp rapist & thief depicted on their club badge would be a good image - without us gert 'Ted's sobitaging the vote to get it put there..?! 

Wally might have shares in a tattoo shop.

Why do they even need a change?

I think their badge is their identity 

A camp pirate on a really cheap blue and white circle; tacky, cheap, outdated.

The pirate being someone of, generally low intelligence & ill repute stealing other people's property.

Pretty much sums them up nicely.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Swede said:

Why do they even need a change?

I think their badge is their identity 

A camp pirate on a really cheap blue and white circle; tacky, cheap, outdated.

The pirate being someone of, generally low intelligence & ill repute stealing other people's property.

Pretty much sums them up nicely.

"piracy" is an act or robbery or criminal violence. 

Makes alot of sense in explaining their past and their current managerial appointment. 

Interestingly, pirates lives by some rather obscure rules & codes - including a strict 8pm bedtime..! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

to allow plenty of time to shag mum,sis,gran and any other female family members before falling into drunken comatose sleep

I'm not sure this statement meets equality regulation, you seem to have made a generalisation that does not include all protected characteristics! Can I suggest you remove any gender specific reference?

• Like 1