IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Scott Sinclair to return to R*vers?

Absolute bollocks I know, but the boob cricket competitors will be getting excited at the prospect of Rosie Webster on the Memorial Ground terraces ?

I went on their forum to see if there was any word of this. There wasn’t, but the opening thread was this.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20095/empty-seats?page=1

“Loyal and True”

BCB06A7B-D94F-43C4-8400-55E82CCA52A4.jpeg

• Admin
2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Ah, so the professional rugby players who were talking about their mortgages recently were lying then?  How strange, they always come across as decent, straightforward chaps. 

Nowhere near comparable salaries, just like a student would struggle compared to a senior Manager.

You need to come up with something less desperate

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

“Bristol Rovers once again crept into the top half of League One attendances”

If they crept, they must be a creep. One of the definitions of creep:

Make your skin/flesh creep -  If something makes your skin/flesh creep, it causes you to have an uncomfortable feeling of fear or disgust.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Nowhere near comparable salaries, just like a student would struggle compared to a senior Manager.

You need to come up with something less desperate

If you're referring to rugby v football salaries - they are comparable with a lot of League 1 and 2 players.  Obviously the Championsip and Prem are in a totally different stratosphere when it comes to salaries.

My original post in no way related to anything Mr Barton may, or may not have said.  It was in response to a poster talking about players earning a lot more than the average Joe, I was pointing out that they usually have to have their mortgages on a much shorter timescale, due to the short life of their careers, so much larger monthly repayments.  It's all relative. 

4 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

WTF ?  Is this hack for real, he's got to be a sag ,worrying about crowds etc. And like true sags , he uses #gaslogic. He says .....not bad considering the ground restrictions! They didn't even sell out the shit tip so regardless of the ground be it 8k or 80k capacity, it would have made **** all difference !

• Like 3