IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

It does look like a dive without any slow mo, but you'd have to think he's caught him (even slightly) as there is just no point to go down there when 2 up and in injury time?

As for Joey saying anyone has thrown themselves to the floor, Marquis done it twice a few games ago and was clutching his face not once but twice, trying to get an opposition player sent off. One of those he was doing an impression of Neymar it was that ridiculous. I'm afraid you reap what you sow.

How are those crap PE teachers doing btw?

Managers seems to have very short memories when their own players behaviour  such as you rightly pointed out with regards to Joey and Marquis.

• Like 1

But with two sendings off last night; definition of an octet? A rovers team at the end of extra time. ?

Just now, 22A said:

But with two sendings off last night; definition of an octet? A rovers team at the end of extra time. ?

As it was only the two though; non-entities become a nonet.

41 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

I doubt Ipswich are spending £1.5m on a left back.

A fair price for Joey is "we'll loan him make him a decent player and then **** ourselves over the next season"

I hate Barton, he makes me sick, but they certainly did, Leif Davis from Leeds.

We deserved at least a point at Norwich tonight whilst last night a division below, Ipswich could have been in double figures had they put their chances away.  The Sags didn't even put up a fight and have lost both of their 2 centre backs for the next game as well (you can't expect any discipline from a team managed by a thug I suppose).

The gap is still massive.

So 2 games featuring clubs from Bristol against East Anglia clubs let's compare.

Away fans. City took 350. Sags took 290.

Goals scored. City scored 2. Sags scored 0.

Players sent off. City had 0. Sags had 2 sent off.

Position in the table after the result. City in 7th in the championship level on points with 5th and 6th place and 5 off Norwich in 2nd. Sags 18th in League one 5 points off 6th 12 points off 2nd and 1 point clear of 21st.

But watch out they are coming for us and are going straight to the Premier League after all Saint Barton who wouldn't hurt a fly has said so and I'm not taking into account the 10,000 away fans locked out because little Ipswich town (compared to the mighty famous quarters) wouldn't give them all the tickets for those fans as they didn't want to be outnumbered.

Currently standing at 4.1 miles long I'm surprised our North Bristolian breathren  haven't been inundating the media to correct the oft repeated inaccuracy that the queue to view ERII lying in state is the longest queue witnessed in Britain since the war. As they've reminded all and on numerous occasion (particularly during their non-league sojourn,) far longer queues extended from turnstiles when their fans were unable to gain access to games.

Why the silence?

• Haha 3

On 14/09/2022 at 02:37, Southend Blue said:

I'd applaud any fan of any club making a trip west from Bristol to Ipswich, it's no stroll up the road to get a pint of milk.

There were some 22,000 tonight in all, couple of years ago we'd we lucky to bring in a third of that for a midweek night match but McKenna has really made people believe and quite simply one of the best managers we've had in a long time.    That's not really saying much such were the absolute shit names we've had the last 15 years, Lambert, Hurst, Jewell, Keane, even McCarthy, but credit where it's due he's really made a name for himself so far over here.

As for the game tonight, couldn't see it, was working elsewhere but reading reports and replies from our fan pages, the best team won.  OK Rovers had their chances but we just about overwhelmed them in terms of possession and goal opportunities over the course of 90 minutes.   Two stupid dismissals for them summed their night up.

A game where once again we showed certain promotion credentials.    Us and Rovers, possibly two teams going at the same speed but in opposite directions.     The big test will be Sheffield Wednesday coming up on the rails in a short time but really got to feel, this is a good a chance as any to make it out this miserable league once and for all.    If we fail, it won't all be McKenna's fault or undoing, but some of us are going to be very distraught at the missed opportunity. Goodnight. 

made the trip up to Ipswich the last time we played you think it may of been a wednesday night , long way to go for three points . looks like you are finally turning things around and I hope you gain promotion this year as I always loved watching the old Ipswich side of the late 70's early 80's . 

Edited by Jim Davey

On 14/09/2022 at 02:37, Southend Blue said:

I'd applaud any fan of any club making a trip west from Bristol to Ipswich, it's no stroll up the road to get a pint of milk.

There were some 22,000 tonight in all, couple of years ago we'd we lucky to bring in a third of that for a midweek night match but McKenna has really made people believe and quite simply one of the best managers we've had in a long time.    That's not really saying much such were the absolute shit names we've had the last 15 years, Lambert, Hurst, Jewell, Keane, even McCarthy, but credit where it's due he's really made a name for himself so far over here.

As for the game tonight, couldn't see it, was working elsewhere but reading reports and replies from our fan pages, the best team won.  OK Rovers had their chances but we just about overwhelmed them in terms of possession and goal opportunities over the course of 90 minutes.   Two stupid dismissals for them summed their night up.

A game where once again we showed certain promotion credentials.    Us and Rovers, possibly two teams going at the same speed but in opposite directions.     The big test will be Sheffield Wednesday coming up on the rails in a short time but really got to feel, this is a good a chance as any to make it out this miserable league once and for all.    If we fail, it won't all be McKenna's fault or undoing, but some of us are going to be very distraught at the missed opportunity. Goodnight. 

Yes ,it's along haul WEST from Bristol , I'm guessing 26000 miles ?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Barton searching for his Messi or Jordan as he alters expectations for Rovers

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/messi-joey-barton-bristol-rovers-7592377#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Well what a surprise, Barton forced to rethink his expectations for the season.

Yep, they are still coming for us.?

Rumour is they are signing Scott Sinclair - Free agent - Left Preston in the summer - Not a bad signing for them on paper - wonder if he can play in Defence - :laugh:

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Rumour is they are signing Scott Sinclair - Free agent - Left Preston in the summer - Not a bad signing for them on paper - wonder if he can play in Defence - :laugh:

Imagine his Mrs turning up at the tented village...now what was that  cricket game that their fans have been known to play ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would be a good signing for them, he was scoring in the Championship last season.

That would be an astonishing fall from grace. Still the thought of playing for Barcelona at the tented dump that is Mein Kamp after playing at the likes of Stamford Bridge, The Etihad & Park Head should be all the incentive he needs . . . maybe not.