IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

As mods we had contact from HG this afternoon following his meeting with PC Julie and her colleague. 

They had HG request us moderate the thread as there were comments on there the police didn’t like and any further comments that were directed to PC Julie were likely to warrant them taking further action against the posters. 

The collective desicion was taken to lock the thread to protect anyone that felt the need to comment further and not HG. 

We have also been told the police will be in contact with both forums to make a statement on the matter. When that is I don’t know but I am sure PC Julie will be along here shortly to make a comment in an official capacity as your liaison officer. 

As regards the alleged claim made by HG, I am sure the statement the police will make will indeed settle the matter once and for all. 

I am sure your extensive legal training will mean you know the difference between an “alleged claim” and a “claim alleged”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

Why don’t you ask PC Julie? In those exact words. If you have the bottle that is big man. 

I think you have now outstayed any welcome you may have had. Why don't you go back to moderating the football forum equivalent of North Korea and leave us to continue laughing at your circus of a club with the fake sheikh. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

Why don’t you ask PC Julie? In those exact words. If you have the bottle that is big man. 

She hasn’t made any  allegations.  Your mate HG has, which in my opinion will be proven to be bull shit.

You a little tired sweetie x

Edited by daored

It was clearly bullshit from the beginning and I think it's quite sad, and frankly a waste of police resources that Julie felt compelled to go around in the first place.

Hopefully, although unlikely, Henbury Gas learns his lesson and a line can be drawn under this matter.

Edited by Bryans Left Peg

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

It was clearly bullshit from the beginning and I think it's quite sad, and frankly a waste of police resources that Julie felt compelled to go around in the first place.

Hopefully, although unlikely, Henbury Gas learns his lesson and a line can be drawn under this matter.

I will play devil's advocate here. If it wasn't bullshit and there was an "incident" then I hope so proof was provided.

29 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If Henbury Gas has made it all up, then is it not libel/slander against the club?

Libel is almost invariably concerned with the written word. Both libel and slander are civil matters unless they involve the Crown, some offices of state, and a few other weird and wonderful exceptions. This area is one of the most arcane and fascinating areas of UK law in my humble opinion and wouldn’t be covered in the BTEC media studies course.

Edited by Bianconeri
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Libel is almost invariably concerned with the written word. Both libel and slander are civil matters unless they involve the Crown, some offices of state, and a few other weird and wonderful exceptions. This area is one of the most arcane and fascinating areas of UK law in my humble opinion and wouldn’t be covered in the BTEC media studies course.

You're right on that.

Most of my.AS media studies course was watching films.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You're right on that.

Most of my.AS media studies course was watching films.

I was thinking about where our blue friend* may have got his extensive legal training and that course popped into my head. To be fair, I don’t even know if there is a BTEC Media Studies course!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

@Gashead1981 so the thread where your mate henbury gas lied about our club has been locked and nobodies  allowed to mention it again . Do we get a apology ? Do you lot call him out as billy bullshit which is what we all know he is  ? 

As you were once called by Danny Baker 

bristol rovers = pathological liars. 

Lie about your fan base 

lie about your wealth 

lie about us to discredit us

you even lie on your badge . Bristol rovers 1883 but you didn’t become brfc until 1899. 

Utter utter ***** 

Totally with you Chief, right up until the bit about their ‘badge’ .... lots of City fans want 1894 to be recognised as our year of formation and not 1897 - and another big example is Birmingham City - formed in 1875 as per their badge - but they weren’t called Birmingham City until 1943....

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have obviously missed something.

At what point is them locking a thread calling HG a liar?

Might simply be a case that they are going to consider further investigation.

Then all mention of it would of been removed here as well,

he’s been proven a liar in the past so I’ve no doubt he is making it up again,

remember he fixes laptops at Ashton gate.......

• Admin
29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally with you Chief, right up until the bit about their ‘badge’ .... lots of City fans want 1894 to be recognised as our year of formation and not 1897 - and another big example is Birmingham City - formed in 1875 as per their badge - but they weren’t called Birmingham City until 1943....

You let them make that argument that this is how far back they can trace the origins of their club.

“Oh, really? How does that tally with your stance that we have only been in existence since 1982 then?”

• Like 1

Is he a liar?

Wouldn't like to say.

Could it have been embellished? Chinese whispers- pretty plausible IMO.

Given CCTV, police, stewards, all that it's just fanciful at best that a guy with learning difficulties would have had teeth knocked out regarding a dispute over seats and covered up for 15 months.

Inconceivable tbh.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

You let them make that argument that this is how far back they can trace the origins of their club.

“Oh, really? How does that tally with your stance that we have only been in existence since 1982 then?”

I always like to point out that even as a club formed in 1982 we are still bigger and achieved more with only 36 years as a club. That silences them as well.

• Like 1

Utterly hilarious, pure delusion 

"What you have overlooked is the capacity seems to be limiting the potential gates, as if we were playing in a stadium with a 18/22,000 capacity our average home gates would probably be pushing 15,000 at the start of this season. For a club of our size/potential we have clearly outgrown the Mem to suggest otherwise is simply nonsense and contradicts what the previous and present owners have suggested."

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.01.25.png

Edited by Unan
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

Utterly hilarious, pure delusion 

"What you have overlooked is the capacity seems to be limiting the potential gates, as if we were playing in a stadium with a 18/22,000 capacity our average home gates would probably be pushing 15,000 at the start of this season. For a club of our size/potential we have clearly outgrown the Mem to suggest otherwise is simply nonsense and contradicts what the previous and present owners have suggested."

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.01.25.png

Then surely they'd be selling out every week currently? #gaslogic

3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Then surely they'd be selling out every week currently? #gaslogic

Memorial Stadium capacity - 12300

Last time they averaged above that - 1974

44 years of shite, never stopped me dreaming.....

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is that the same Bristol Rovers who have sold out their ground maybe 5 times in the last 5 years?

And who average about 4000 lower than their capacity?

Their average attendance last season saw the Memorial Campsite 73.1% full (3 sig fig)

Our average last season saw Ashton Gate 77.6% full.

So by using TopperGas's own logic, we have already outgrown the new Ashton Gate.

Steve, get the chequebook out (again).

Wael, get the dictionary out and look up the word 'chequebook'.

5 times in 5 years. Come on James