IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin

Whilst I simply have to take this mod at his word that he doesn't ban people from Gaschat simply for being City, I believe someone on there does/did as I tried to join a few years back and as an admin on here I appreciate that I was a guest on their forum so did not write any controversial posts but got banned with no reason given. I didn't hide that I was City.

I'm not exactly bothered though as we've been above them so long they have almost become an irrelevance. I say "almost" because they still provide comedic value. :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

Why thank you for the eloquent insult, it’s taken with every bit of humour as im sure you meant as I appreciate your vocabulary, or lack thereof, may limit you to extending any other reasonable courtesies. Your parents must be very proud of you nonetheless.

I think you find a page or two back that I said if it was found to be untrue an allegation that it would mean we would have a very sad attention seeking gashead amongst us. Like it would be very sad if you had a fan who actually did participate in such an incident. I’m sure your whole club and fan base would be disgusted by an incident, as I would be with mine should the allegations prove unfounded. 

You’ll also find I’ve not defended HG in anyway as I have no evidence which proves him correct and I’ve not also disparaged your club for having a fan with a reputation for knocking about a defenceless disabled person, because I have no evidence that the incident ever took place. And probably wouldn’t even if it did because I’m just not that sort of chap. I would find it equally sad if it was a City fan or an Everton fan. 

Your club is rotten to the core and and, regularly, your “supporters” are in the midst of it. It’s all a bit regular that they (some of) behave like it’s still the 1980’s. But then nothing, literally, has improved for your lot since the 1980’s, so I suppose it’s somewhat understandable. 

13 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

By rotten to the core you mean....??

I would agree with you that I believe we still have an issue with a minority of fans as well. But every club has them. They are hard to get rid of though, if you can ever rid yourself of them. I’ve no doubt you have a few you wish you could get rid of as you aren’t a bunch of saints either. 

I agree with you as well nothing has much improved since we beat you in 1990, we dined out on the underdog ragbag thing for too long. But things are improving now and we are heading in the right direction both on and off the pitch.

He’s right.

Go Outdoors opened at Cribbs this week. Less distance to go for the ground improvements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

I agree with you as well nothing has much improved since we beat you in 1990, we dined out on the underdog ragbag thing for too long. But things are improving now and we are heading in the right direction both on and off the pitch.

How can things be heading in the right direction Gashead1981 ?

Our league position is lower, our attendances are lower, our trading losses are higher, there is no hint of progress on the training ground or stadium redevelopment and Wael Al-Qadi has disappeared.

Last week I tried to raise a chuckle on here with my spoof introduction to the new CEO Martyn Starnes. He has had four month to come up with something inspiring to tell Rovers fans and I was hoping for a forceful and positive statement. But instead, to me at least, his press release today was dull, sloppy and totally underwhelming.

What did you think ?  Was it the kind of message you were expecting ?  

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Gashead1981 said:

I would agree with you that I believe we still have an issue with a minority of fans as well. But every club has them. They are hard to get rid of though, if you can ever rid yourself of them. I’ve no doubt you have a few you wish you could get rid of as you aren’t a bunch of saints either. 

Stealing from your players, stealing from your supporters staff pocketing money instead of improving the pitch,

you lot are rottonrotten

• Like 2

I cannot see what is improving with your lot, and neither can any Rovers fan I speak to. Supporters club being spruced up with Insurance cash and the other work being paid for by outsiders. The amount of debt against the stadium should be alarming, but plenty on GC see nothing wrong whatsoever. It seems from the outside Wael will not put anything in at all, and keep borrowing against your only asset. When that is up to the maximum do you honestly see him forking out 3 million per years in losses - and that's not even including building all your new stands (in the ground he said wasn't feasible). 

Where has he been to anyway? He's like our Mark Ashton, gets on TV (and shoulders) when it is going well and then when the opposite happens he does a disappearing act.

39 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I cannot see what is improving with your lot, and neither can any Rovers fan I speak to. Supporters club being spruced up with Insurance cash and the other work being paid for by outsiders. The amount of debt against the stadium should be alarming, but plenty on GC see nothing wrong whatsoever. It seems from the outside Wael will not put anything in at all, and keep borrowing against your only asset. When that is up to the maximum do you honestly see him forking out 3 million per years in losses - and that's not even including building all your new stands (in the ground he said wasn't feasible). 

Where has he been to anyway? He's like our Mark Ashton, gets on TV (and shoulders) when it is going well and then when the opposite happens he does a disappearing act.

And if you tried to have a reasoned discussion about this on their forum you’d be lucky to get to 5 posts before being banned so they can stick their heads back in the sand; happy with some new curtains, sprinklers and a canopy above the entrance to a function room

I think they’re all just gutted or embarrassed about their claims of being the 6th richest club in England when Wally took over being an absolute crock. What was it? “Unlucky da shit”

I suspect that making up a gratuitous lie about a crime being committed then being told a Police Officer wanted to speak to you about it in order to investigate, might, just might, encourage you to wind your neck in, since presumably wasting police time is still an offence in itself.

All depends on how utterly deluded about your own importance in life is, I suppose.

Or you could disappear and get one of your sad mates to cast aspersions on the Police Officer in question even though they are clearly willing to investigate.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wood_red said:

It seems from the outside Wael will not put anything in at all, 

Supporting the Boston University men's soccer team

5 hours ago, Gashead1981 said:

CCTV is classed as evidence....there is, as yet, no cctv, so the latter must be required. 

Any complaint or allegation needs a witness testimony to prosecute. 

Even if what HG says is true, unless any other witnesses that saw it, confirm it, are willing to make a statement and testify and then a suspect is arrested and questioned you can’t bring any charges.

But this case does not live and die on what Henbury does or doesn’t know, in fact, it’s got nothing to do with him other than he can supply the name of someone who was assaulted. He didn’t witness it. So you can’t focus on him solely. The only thing he can be accused of is revving you lot up over this alleged event, and it’s only him and oldgas that have mentioned it. No one else of GC really cares. 

Are you following the old adage that if you repeat a lie often enough it will eventually be believed as the truth?

Who was it who said that? Donald Trump? Oscar Wilde? Hitler?

2 hours ago, Gashead1981 said:

Are you simple?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gashead1981 should just give up, I don’t understand his/her point?  We as City fans, and I’m sure Rovers fans, would want justice served on anyone who was involved in the alleged incident?

Why try and persuade the police not to investigate?

We have a modern stadium covered in CCTV, this is easy.

HG just has to give the seat number and game, done.

Also I’m sure BS would be able to ask the police to investigate the allegations without the alleged victim making a direct complaint to the police?  It’s their gaff and if anything such as this alleged event happened in my house,that I heard from a third party, I’d be straight on the phone.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gashead1981 said:

You’ll also find I’ve not defended HG in anyway as I have no evidence which proves him correct and I’ve not also disparaged your club for having a fan with a reputation for knocking about a defenceless disabled person, because I have no evidence that the incident ever took place. And probably wouldn’t even if it did because I’m just not that sort of chap. I would find it equally sad if it was a City fan or an Everton fan. 

I can't let you get away with this hyperbole.

In HG's original post on the subject, he stated the person who was allegedly assaulted as "a person with learning difficulties who is not all there if you know what I mean?" (not a description with which I'm comfortable). In your version he has now become a "defenceless disabled person".

There are loads of people with various forms of learning difficulty who would never qualify as (nor would wish to be considered to be) disabled. In discussing this sensitive subject which clearly has aroused the emotions of a number of people, a wise man would desist from wantonly lying about the situation. You on the other hand have chosen to state an untruth which sadly reveals your true intent in posting on this thread.

Danny Baker was correct; you are all  'kin liars.

• Like 8

Why thank you for the eloquent insult, it’s taken with every bit of humour as im sure you meant as I appreciate your vocabulary, or lack thereof, may limit you to extending any other reasonable courtesies. Your parents must be very prowed of you nonetheles.

I think you find a page or two back that I said if it was found to be untrue an allegation that it would mean we would have a very sad attention seeking gashead amongst us. Like it would be very sad if you had a fan who actually did participate in such an incident. I’m sure your whole club and fan base would be disgusted by an incident, as I would be with mine should the allegations prove unfounded. 

Gas spellchecker not working?

Successive shareholders/owners robbing the club dry for their own ends.

Trying to steal Ashton Gate.

Attempting an arrangement with Bath City to ground share, while openly admitting they want a ground of their own.

Conveniently having a chairman of the rugby club, who wanted his money back and arranged a very dubious deal that favoured the football club, who then as a reward, made him an honorary life president, "for services to the football club".

Allowed Stockport County and it's supporters to travel for a match, knowing full well they were going to get the pitch unplayable.

Did the same thing for a game against BCFC at Twerton, because they were suffering with a few injuries.

Have consistently been in bed with the local media to smooth over numerous bad news stories, while having their Rovers loving reporters and staff dig up and front page any derogatory news at all possible on BCFC.

Did their utmost behind the scenes, to halt BCFC's plans for a new stadium, presumably through fear.

Chose to be the only professional, or amateur sporting club in the region to not support "Bristols" bid for the 2018 World Cup.

Blamed Bristol for all of it's failed attempts to get a ground, even if the ground was in South Glos, or that they never ever had an application for a new ground lodged.

Formed their own political party, to oppose Bristol's council in local elections while playing in Bath and paying rates to Bath City Council.

That lot was just off the tip of my tongue.

Carry on believing, it is after all, the only thing left for you.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They've always been a good laugh.

Remember 20 years ago, when their fans had to pay for their own roof?

Vaguely remember it, for a professional (supposedly) club in a big city- pretty embarrassing no?

But once they had paid for it, the club then increased the entry fee, for providing better facilities.

• Haha 2

Slanging match and routine mutual insults aside, this would have been a very odd tale to have made up.

However, if Henbury Gas is honest, he may still have been misled - not lied to - by a person with learning difficulties who got unduly upset by an unexceptional incident, no?

His mistake may well be to have stated foolishly that he knew it to be true, just because he was told it.

I for one can imagine a situation where a person with learning difficulties just maybe sat in the wrong seat and got talked to by someone whose seat it was, in a slightly aggressive way.

At the end of the day, it may be that something that slight has got wildly exaggerated. All speculation, I know, but so is the whole dialogue.

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Are you simple?

You mean they are all contented!

Lack of investment on and off the pitch.

Dwindling attendances 

Poor facilities

One of their main strikers decides to leave for a non league outfit presumably on a better contract.

Lack of leadership and direction from their owners but then again it all takes time.

Yes, I can certainly see that they're going in the right direction all right

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

Gashead1981 should just give up, I don’t understand his/her point?  We as City fans, and I’m sure Rovers fans, would want justice served on anyone who was involved in the alleged incident?

Why try and persuade the police not to investigate?

We have a modern stadium covered in CCTV, this is easy.

It’s almost like they don’t believe the story themselves. 

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

HG just has to give the seat number and game, done.

Also I’m sure BS would be able to ask the police to investigate the allegations without the alleged victim making a direct complaint to the police?  

According to the original story BS were informed by the alleged victims mum.

So was Geoff Twentyman apparently as the ‘victim’ is a regular caller to his show, although instead of helping his mate Geoff obviously decided to cover it up, being the lifelong, die-hard ‘shithead’ that he is...

...and some of them wonder why we find this hard to believe? :blink:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

Slanging match and routine mutual insults aside, this would have been a very odd tale to have made up.

However, if Henbury Gas is honest, he may still have been misled - not lied to - by a person with learning difficulties who got unduly upset by an unexceptional incident, no?

His mistake may well be to have stated foolishly that he knew it to be true, just because he was told it.

I for one can imagine a situation where a person with learning difficulties just maybe sat in the wrong seat and got talked to by someone whose seat it was, in a slightly aggressive way.

At the end of the day, it may be that something that slight has got wildly exaggerated. All speculation, I know, but so is the whole dialogue.

I thought HG said the poor bloke had his teeth knocked out though

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

No you're wrong, the story now doing the rounds amongst the few is that a defenceless disabled person had his teeth knocked back down his throat by a huge vicious 'ted, witnessed by thousands who did nothing, recorded then deleted on CCTV, and ignored by the police and the media cos they're all gurt 'teds too!

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I actually think Mr ass . Changed his story. No teeth were lost apparently. 

I seem to remember (again sadly in the Gaschat thread that was deleted) that the original claim of ‘teeth’ being knocked out changed to one ‘tooth’ and then eventually ‘tooth removed by dentist at a later date’.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gashead1981 said:

What is improving on, or off, the pitch..?

You are further down the league now than you were when you beat us in1990. 

Your ground is arguably the worst in the entire football league. 

You have been duped, yet again, into bogus stadium plans/renovations. 

Don’t pretend you relish the underdog tag. It’s just what you are. Too many of you were too quick to rejoice & gloat about Waels’ imaginary wealth. 

Of course I agree that every club has a minority of idiots who follow them, however the frequency in which your lot hit undesirable headlines is genuinely incredible and must be embarrassing..?! 

• Like 2