IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I met a well known sag on the way to the pub to watch the game last night, resplendent in his England shirt, nice as pie he was, very amicable and used my first name.

After the game, I walked the same way and saw the same sag walking his dog. He had changed into their blue and white rag and my name had changed to 'shithead'!

Nice eh!! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I met a well known sag on the way to the pub to watch the game last night, resplendent in his England shirt, nice as pie he was, very amicable and used my first name.

After the game, I walked the same way and saw the same sag walking his dog. He had changed into their blue and white rag and my name had changed to 'shithead'!

Nice eh!! 

yes cause they have had so much success.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice eh!! 

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice eh!! 

"Well known sag"......wasn't Coco the clown was it?

28 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice eh!! 

Was he off to visit Darrell?

• Haha 4

On 11/07/2018 at 13:01, Unan said:

Utterly hilarious, pure delusion 

"What you have overlooked is the capacity seems to be limiting the potential gates, as if we were playing in a stadium with a 18/22,000 capacity our average home gates would probably be pushing 15,000 at the start of this season. For a club of our size/potential we have clearly outgrown the Mem to suggest otherwise is simply nonsense and contradicts what the previous and present owners have suggested."

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.01.25.png

Hang on , I must be missing something. So the reason they don't sell out the ground every week is because they've outgrown it? 11v11.com has their highest League attendance at 11,883 for a game against Leeds on September 2011, does that mean they have never had a League sell out? Yet they have out grown a ground they cannot fill.

I wonder if they have some sort of 'Stepfords wives' thing going on, but they have their brains re-wired to believe any old shite conjured up by the owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/07/2018 at 13:12, JamesBCFC said:

Is that the same Bristol Rovers who have sold out their ground maybe 5 times in the last 5 years?

I think you’re giving them too much credit James - they played Man Utd in a pre-season friendly in 1999 at The Memorial Ground - it was a testimonial for Lee Martin I believe - Beckham, Scholes and Solskjaer etc played - the crowd was just over 10,500 - they can’t even sell out a home game when playing the winners of the premier league, the champions league and the FA Cup from the season before....there is no hope for them....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think you’re giving them too much credit James - they played Man Utd in a pre-season friendly in 1999 at The Memorial Ground - it was a testimonial for Lee Martin I believe - Beckham, Scholes and Solskjaer etc played - the crowd was just over 10,500 - they can’t even sell out a home game when playing the winners of the premier league, the champions league and the FA Cup from the season before....there is no hope for them....

Hadn't heard of him, googled the name and saw a player who was at United starting in the early 2000s

Then found the one your post actually referred to- what a downturn his career took!

From scoring the winning goal in an FA Cup final to Non-League in under a decade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice eh!! 

In their bitter and twisted minds I`m sure us dirty teds are in some way responsible for England`s exit from the World Cup.

`It must be to do with them teds, stands to reason dunnit? says one of them down the pub` to be greeted with rousing cheers and a hearty rendition of that dirge of theirs from the assembled few.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Hadn't heard of him, googled the name and saw a player who was at United starting in the early 2000s

Then found the one your post actually referred to- what a downturn his career took!

From scoring the winning goal in an FA Cup final to Non-League in under a decade.

Yep, there’s been a few Lee Martins! But the one who played for Man Yoo and the gas actually looked quite good when he was at Man Yoo - Fergie shipped him out to Celtic I think and it all went wrong from there...you can’t really knock Fergie’s judgement to be fair, although even he apparently admits he got it wrong by binning Jaap Stam....

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In their bitter and twisted minds I`m sure us dirty teds are in some way responsible for England`s exit from the World Cup.

`It must be to do with them teds, stands to reason dunnit? says one of them down the pub` to be greeted with rousing cheers and a hearty rendition of that dirge of theirs from the assembled few.

Yep, they’ll find a way to blame Danny Rose because he was in some way tainted by his spell ‘with dem pesky teds’.....

• Haha 1

Dear god!!! :facepalm:

singupgas
Club Legend

singupgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1499 posts
yesterday at 3:55pm Free the Henbury Gas one likes this
Post Options

Post by singupgas on yesterday at 3:55pm

You do have to wonder why clubs like Wimbledon and Luton can build in built up areas of London, and we evidently struggle to find a decent sized plot of land in Bristol.

I take it geography wasn't this methane snorters' strong point? 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Dear god!!! :facepalm:

singupgas
Club Legend

singupgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1499 posts

yesterday at 3:55pm Free the Henbury Gas one likes this

Post Options

Post by singupgas on yesterday at 3:55pm

You do have to wonder why clubs like Wimbledon and Luton can build in built up areas of London, and we evidently struggle to find a decent sized plot of land in Bristol.

I take it geography wasn't this methane snorters' strong point? 

NOT EVEN CLOSE

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 22.42.55.png

Edited by Unan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Their lawyers are probably also busily preparing a "water tight" legal case against Wycombe wanderers as they must also be responsible in some way.

• Haha 1

Humour is breaking out over there on the fourth post down; 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12486/trespassing

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12480/new-stands-season-ticket-info

The new stands are to be installed at the beginning of August. The delay in this is due to planning consultation, although there appears to be no problem with planning. The stands are bespoke and are being constructed in France once imported into the country they will only take a few days to install. They are all made of a hard material with a hard roof, one is to replace the south west tent the other two are to go either side of the centenary stand. Season tickets are being printed they will go to the mailing centre to be sent out by the end of July. Info came direct from the club.

I'm interested to see what these stands are going to look like. I hope they don't look like the stand Eastleigh have at their ground, behind the goal, but then, beggars can't be choosers, and if they increase seated capacity and draw higher attendances, we can't complain too much in the short term. As long as they proceed with a firm plan to perform a full scale redevelopment or new-build, these temporary stands can't be a bad thing.

Edited by 22A
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 22A said:

Humour is breaking out over there on the fourth post down; 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12486/trespassing

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12480/new-stands-season-ticket-info

The new stands are to be installed at the beginning of August. The delay in this is due to planning consultation, although there appears to be no problem with planning. The stands are bespoke and are being constructed in France once imported into the country they will only take a few days to install. They are all made of a hard material with a hard roof, one is to replace the south west tent the other two are to go either side of the centenary stand. Season tickets are being printed they will go to the mailing centre to be sent out by the end of July. Info came direct from the club.

I'm interested to see what these stands are going to look like. I hope they don't look like the stand Eastleigh have at their ground, behind the goal, but then, beggars can't be choosers, and if they increase seated capacity and draw higher attendances, we can't complain too much in the short term. As long as they proceed with a firm plan to perform a full scale redevelopment or new-build, these temporary stands can't be a bad thing.

'Imagine what 13,000 at the Mem for a big game would be like!' 

:rofl2br:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MC26 said:

'Imagine what 13,000 at the Mem for a big game would be like!' 

:rofl2br:

This sounds like the fewers must be hoping for a good cup draw to supplement the 8K or so of them that can be bothered to turn up. I assume it now means their away end (tent?) holds around 4-5k?

I guess they are hoping to avoid mighty teams like Chesham in the early rounds too?

1 minute ago, cityal said:

This sounds like the fewers must be hoping for a good cup draw to supplement the 8K or so of them that can be bothered to turn up. I assume it now means their away end (tent?) holds around 4-5k?

I guess they are hoping to avoid mighty teams like Chesham in the early rounds too?

Not what I have heard, A sag I know said they are Hitchin for a good cup run. :whistle2:

• Haha 1

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Rovers haven't announced their shirt sponsor for next season because they don't have one?

Whilst the comedy raffle that saw them sponsored by a pub was a laugh, it was also supposedly quite lucrative. Their new marketing man has apparently received offers from companies interested in having their company name scribbled on the shirts, but the money being offered doesn't come close to the lucky dip of recent years. 

Expect a national brand paying pennies for a season and back to the raffle next season.

Source? Bloke in a pub on Gloucester Road.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

I don't think the raffle was as lucrative as they made out to be honest. It cost a grand to enter but all entrants got about 500 quid worth of match day vip treatment if there ever is such a thing down the mem. 

Don't know the numbers, but the fella I was chatting with reckoned it was two grand a ticket with fifty tickets available for 3 prizes. Hone shirt, away shirt and some advertising boards around the pitch.

Maybe they did add various bits of hospitality, but either way, it was 100k up front. Which is a lot for a club with a low profile and a stadium that doesn't lend itself to much in the way of media facilities and therefore pushes them down the 'telly list'.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't know the numbers, but the fella I was chatting with reckoned it was two grand a ticket with fifty tickets available for 3 prizes. Hone shirt, away shirt and some advertising boards around the pitch.

Maybe they did add various bits of hospitality, but either way, it was 100k up front. Which is a lot for a club with a low profile and a stadium that doesn't lend itself to much in the way of media facilities and therefore pushes them down the 'telly list'.

It was £1500 plus VAT I think. I used to do it every year and I thought it was a great way to engage with local business and raise money. You could get tickets at a better rate if you bought 2 or 3. They still do a similar thing but the shirt sponsorship is not up for grabs, but many other prizes are. The company I work for now did it for this season and I went along to the draw which was in a tent (obviously) down at the ampitheatre. You won't believe this, but it was all incredibly professional and very un Rovers like!

• Thanks 1