IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Quite a large crowd there today; from the PUFC site;

Half-time: Bristol Rovers 0-1 Peterborough United
Full-time: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Peterborough United
Attendance: 8,714 (602 Posh fans)

• Haha 1

You get the feeling sooner or later Barton is going to "slip up" and his exceptionally well paid legal team will struggle to do anything about it. Most "normal" people dont have such frequent interactions with the police and courts.

Bearing in mind that Cambridge technically need 2 more points to survive I would be raging that a player misses the rest of the season because of that headbutt it if it was my club. If it was a club threatened with Premier League relegation you would be seeing a potential law suit being mentioned.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Oh dear. Poor show from Martin.

That's one of those where it feels like the ban should be in months, not matches. 

and doubled as he wears the blue and white quarters 

I bet Joey is pleased that his legacy continues 

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Oh dear. Poor show from Martin.

That's one of those where it feels like the ban should be in months, not matches. 

If that was in the crowd during a game at AG he’d be having a 18 month holiday up the big house

• Like 3

On 20/04/2024 at 06:03, Shaun Taylor said:

Swede, we’re definitely shite but have the potential to get in league one if only we had a decent owner who wasn’t full of bullshit and surrounded by crooks😁

You've had a few of those. At least you've been in the Premier League. There's a few on here who need to be careful what they wish for.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

3rd richest club in the world, only able to have a ‘reasonable’ budget in league one next year. 

Realistically thinking , most of that budget will go on just getting a squad together, let alone one to challenge .

"12 permanently contracted players have deals that are set to expire this summer while there are also six first-team loanees"

So possibly losing 18 members of your squad and wanting to recruit one to challenge ? I thought Taylor was a good appointment, but he has his work cut out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reasonable-league-hussain-alsaeed-outlines-9237357

3rd richest club in the world, only able to have a ‘reasonable’ budget in league one next year. 

Coming for us. Something special is happening. 

That would set alarm bells ringing if I was a gas fan.

If the rhetoric or ambition is only saying 'top half' and 'reasonable' and 'not just about money' that doesn't sound promising. Most clubs talk about wanting promotion.

On gaschat earlier in the season there was talk about how they were 'yet to adjust to their new found wealth' and that once spending targets were calmly identified, the money would flow with success to follow.

It sounds as though the wealth they found was a fiver on the terrace. I am not being arrogant here, it was their fans who said they were hugely rich. We all know it is a money game, but projecting an image of wealth that doesn't exist is a folly.

My mates definition of surface wealth - '2 new cars on the drive but sod all in the fridge'.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Realistically thinking , most of that budget will go on just getting a squad together, let alone one to challenge .

"12 permanently contracted players have deals that are set to expire this summer while there are also six first-team loanees"

So possibly losing 18 members of your squad and wanting to recruit one to challenge ? I thought Taylor was a good appointment, but he has his work cut out. 

The issue here is that it has been going on for years, my deluded Rovers mate still thinks all these loans and freebies is the way to go. I told him it will hit them hard at one point sooner or later with no planning and no youngsters coming through. They all just seem to bury their heads in the sand.

The majority seem to want Taylor gone, but what are they expecting any new bloke to come in and do? They have a full rebuild, and if there isn't any money they will be struggling next season, lose a few at the start and will all be Taylors fault because they want him gone, and then another one comes in and inherits the same mess.

The only way a lot of them will see any sense is if Taylor walks and says it how it is, and you can bet they will still say they are massive and will be on for promotion next season though.

Edited by TheReds

11 minutes ago, TheReds said:

The issue here is that it has been going on for years, my deluded Rovers mate still thinks all these loans and freebies is the way to go. I told him it will hit them hard at one point sooner or later with no planning and no youngsters coming through. They all just seem to bury their heads in the sand.

The majority seem to want Taylor gone, but what are they expecting any new bloke to come in and do? They have a full rebuild, and if there isn't any money they will be struggling next season, lose a few at the start and will all be Taylors fault because they want him gone, and then another one comes in and inherits the same mess.

The only way a lot of them will see any sense is if Taylor walks and says it how it is, and you can bet they will still say they are massive and will be on for promotion next season though.

Ignoring who it is for the moment, they need some continuity . They need to give someone the chance to get foundations in place, to start to build. `A little like Nige did with us, get the Club set and start to build with an eye on the future . They need to start thinking about 2/3 years time and begin getting a squad together and improve over a season or two.

That's if the new owner isn't going to throw mi££ions at them and buy a new squad in one go . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Thats a shame, as I've said before ,seems a really decent, likeable bloke ( when could you say that about many incumbents before) That might be the problem, he doesn't fit the cretin's culture !

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Ignoring who it is for the moment, they need some continuity . They need to give someone the chance to get foundations in place, to start to build. `A little like Nige did with us, get the Club set and start to build with an eye on the future . They need to start thinking about 2/3 years time and begin getting a squad together and improve over a season or two.

That's if the new owner isn't going to throw mi££ions at them and buy a new squad in one go . 

Your post constitutes sound advice 1960 - something I wouldn't share with those turds at any time.

Let 'em rot and suffer. Tossers...

• Like 1

They are so obsessed with us and overtaking us that they can't see a long term vision. Their long term vision is "be ahead of city in the table".

Taylor is probably one of the better choices for a rebuild and they want him gone because there's no style and results haven't been great. They seem to be ignoring that they'll have no squad in summer and no academy and no idea of how to be sustainable.

They are in the same position we were when Nige came in they need to acknowledge there's going to be a couple of years of hurt for the rebuild to happen but they won't because they want their new 20,000 seater stadium, they want to be promoted at any cost so they can try and be ahead of us even for a day in the league table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Exactly. That's the issue though, loads of them couldn't even see past what Barton was doing because now and again they would play a bit of entertaining football. The issue though was it was with other clubs players. Multiple loans season after season will not do you much good, but that didn't seem to matter. It seems hardly any of them can see anything longterm (quite surprising really when the main man is know to say "these things take time", it is about the now. 

If Taylor is given hardly any money then how is he meant to build for the future. I honestly don't see him given a lot, and then they won't be challenging next season, unless he is a miracle worker. I'd give it 10 games and if they haven't had a great start he will be gone and it's back to square one again. Their season ticket sales is going to be terrible as well imo, ground improvements (if any) will be budget stuff, and they will still all be saying how great their support is and how they need a minimum 20,000 stadium. 

I am sure one day it will hit home, but unsure when that day is.

4 hours ago, Swede said:

You've had a few of those. At least you've been in the Premier League. There's a few on here who need to be careful what they wish for.

There doesn’t appear to be much wrong with your football club other than a few quality addictions in the summer. The owner has delivered a first class stadium and training facilities and appointed a young manager who needs to be given time to develop the younger players and implement his style and looking at recent results he appears to be slowly changing things. 
Football fans at all clubs are fickle and demand success instantly and as we all know it’s not that easy at any level.

• Like 3