IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

There doesn’t appear to be much wrong with your football club other than a few quality addictions in the summer. The owner has delivered a first class stadium and training facilities and appointed a young manager who needs to be given time to develop the younger players and implement his style and looking at recent results he appears to be slowly changing things. 
Football fans at all clubs are fickle and demand success instantly and as we all know it’s not that easy at any level.

Very similar to Rovers although we already have the addictions.

What a lot of City fans don’t realise is that following the adoption of greater professionalism we are now providing the players with sandwiches after training which is bound to pay off in the long term.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

37 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

There doesn’t appear to be much wrong with your football club other than a few quality addictions in the summer. The owner has delivered a first class stadium and training facilities and appointed a young manager who needs to be given time to develop the younger players and implement his style and looking at recent results he appears to be slowly changing things. 
Football fans at all clubs are fickle and demand success instantly and as we all know it’s not that easy at any level.

'There doesn’t appear to be much wrong with your football club other than a few quality addictions in the summer'

Ah, good old Freud steps in again...

7 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

'There doesn’t appear to be much wrong with your football club other than a few quality addictions in the summer'

Ah, good old Freud steps in again...

You'd have to have a few quality addictions to enable you to support swindle!

Sorry Shaun, I know you were being sincere!

18 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The problem with Swindon is that despite always staring the season well they always think the season finishes in November

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Realistically thinking , most of that budget will go on just getting a squad together, let alone one to challenge .

"12 permanently contracted players have deals that are set to expire this summer while there are also six first-team loanees"

So possibly losing 18 members of your squad and wanting to recruit one to challenge ? I thought Taylor was a good appointment, but he has his work cut out. 

What a way to run a club. Basket case

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What a way to run a club. Basket case

The manager will be delivering his pre match motivation to an all new team:-

'Remember this lot last season, turned us over with that dodgy last minute goal? Remember that?'

'Err, no boss'.

Edited by Open End Numb Legs
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Based on what!? That's like us saying we're targeting a top 2 finish next year, but not putting any extra money or players into the squad.

Wishful, hopeful, deluded. Whatever you like, silly gastards.

Probably from the Tinnion/JL book of math.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Based on what!? That's like us saying we're targeting a top 2 finish next year, but not putting any extra money or players into the squad.

I'm targeting a night of passion with Jessica Alba. It's not going to happen, but it's as likely as the Gas "coming for us". 

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm targeting a night of passion with Jessica Alba. It's not going to happen, but it's as likely as the Gas "coming for us". 

Hope you get your passion with Jessica Alba, who is she ?

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Hope you get your passion with Jessica Alba, who is she ?

She's an American actress and I have to be honest I googled "attractive actresses" to find her. The ones I used to fancy are now too old or too odd for the average board member. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 19/04/2024 at 20:46, City Rocker said:

Oh dear Thangham, what were you thinking?!

My MP for the past nine years and really popular locally. I certainly voted for her. 

Bad show by her party research staff though, have they not realised that ~98% of her constituents, even those of us who live in spitting distance of the Tinpottery, are anything but supporters of that shower? More City than gas in this neighbourhood. 

Such trivia wouldn't sway my vote in a general election, but what a lack of judgement from a senior politician.

Anyway, as it happens, due to the boundary changes I believe Thangham has been moved to contest the new Bristol Central constituency at the next election, where there's a good chance she will lose out to the Green candidate. Unless the huge Sag vote can save her

To be honest, whoever bases their vote on what team an MP supports should have their right to vote removed....this is exactly how we ended up with Brexit!

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

Strictly speaking everyone targets a top of the league finish.  In an ideal world you set your team up to try and win every game you go into.... unless you're a manager who just sets your team up to not lose.....

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

She's an American actress and I have to be honest I googled "attractive actresses" to find her. The ones I used to fancy are now too old or too odd for the average board member. 

Too old ? someone like Gwyneth or Cate Blanchett would do for me despite being in their 50s (slightly less likely than Rovers finishing in the top 2) 

Just now, TV Tom said:

Too old ? someone like Gwyneth or Cate Blanchett would do for me despite being in their 50s (slightly less likely than Rovers finishing in the top 2) 

Helena Bonham-Carter, Julianne Moore, Michelle Pfieffer would all be more than welcome!  But truth told I'm more than happy with Mrs Robbo. Just in case you're reading Otib for the first time in your life, you're fab! 😍

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Helena Bonham-Carter, Julianne Moore, Michelle Pfieffer would all be more than welcome!  But truth told I'm more than happy with Mrs Robbo. Just in case you're reading Otib for the first time in your life, you're fab! 😍

I forgot about Michelle Pfieffer, that will do me (only joking Mrs Tom)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Had a part in a film with Cate Blanchett (and Colin Farrell) a few years back and she is a very nice lady.  Sorry but just had to throw that in !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Had a part in a film with Cate Blanchett (and Colin Farrell) a few years back and she is a very nice lady.  Sorry but just had to throw that in !!!

Big Tone mixing with the Hollywood elite, whatever next, what was Colin Farrell like ? He was a bit wild in his younger days 

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I raise you Tara Fitzgerald

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Big Tone mixing with the Hollywood elite, whatever next, what was Colin Farrell like ? He was a bit wild in his younger days 

He was Ok and friendly enough.  Joel Schumacher was the Director and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. Admit to being quite upset when he passed away. Jerry Bruckheimer was the Producer but apart from a few hello's had little to do with him.

Edited by BigTone

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He was Ok and friendly enough.  Joel Schumacher was the Director and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. Admit to being quite upset when he passed away. Jerry Bruckheimer was the Producer but apart from a few hello's had little to do with him.

Sorry Tone, because i don't mix with the Hollywood elite (Unlike you) l've no idea who these German sounding guys are (excuse my ignorance) 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Rovers are currently getting a worryingly large number of mentions in the second reading of the Football Governance Bill (because the MP for their area is shadow DCMS Secretary).

Is that Darren Jones?