IGNORED

Bristol Clean Air Zone

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Bristols zone is stricter than most as well. I searched my old car, a 9 year old VW Passat 2.0 diesel and would only be charged in two areas, one being Bristol 

C53D1A81-59B0-4354-848D-6F80CD77ED03.png

9 quid.

That's scandalous. 

I'm sure it won't be long until someone says 'get a new car', but your car is newer than mine and is being run on a fuel the government suggested we use!

9 quid is mental. If you need to go in to the centre for work, you could be shelling out another £180 a month.

So not only are you being robbed blind by the clean air charge, Marvin has probably knocked a lump off the resell value of your wagon as well.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

9 quid.

That's scandalous. 

I'm sure it won't be long until someone says 'get a new car', but your car is newer than mine and is being run on a fuel the government suggested we use!

9 quid is mental. If you need to go in to the centre for work, you could be shelling out another £180 a month.

So not only are you being robbed blind by the clean air charge, Marvin has probably knocked a lump off the resell value of your wagon as well.

It’s a bit of a joke for sure. I’m lucky that my company car has been changed a couple of years ago so I will face no charge.  Might well drive scooter demand through the roof.  If I was on my own (and not with my son) that is how I would get to games I think 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

9 quid.

That's scandalous. 

If for example someone has a vehicle that isn't exempt and they have to travel into the zone quite a lot and therefore having to pay the charge then the ironic thing is that them being charged makes it even more unlikely that they will be able to switch their vehicle to a more environmentally friendly vehicle. 

This is a tax on the poor, by a Labour Council. 

I've no doubt that we'd all love to drive a Tesla, but for many that is very unrealistic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Exactly this, its what has happened in Bath, apparently the air has improved in the zone but got worse outside of zone, you just move the problem to a wider area.

How bizarre, I mean who could see that coming....

It's about getting money in and nothing else. I wonder if the Council workers still exempt regardless of their emissions..

10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

It's about getting money in and nothing else. I wonder if the Council workers still exempt regardless of their emissions..

No, there is no kind of benefit working for the council whatsoever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheReds said:

To be fair it's only commercial vehicles in Bath at the moment but BANES did send out about 8k in fines to themselves for non compliant vehicles ?

2 hours ago, lenred said:

They will but the posher areas will now see a hell of a lot more traffic because of the restrictions is the point that I think is being made.  So the residents in those areas won’t be happy. It’s a complete and utter shit show every way around.  

I remember when Bridge Valley Road was closed for an extended period. The Portway was free flowing however lots of rat runs were created throughout Clifton and I can see the same happening with this. 

The A369 is going to become a nightmare. It already has its issues at times. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If for example someone has a vehicle that isn't exempt and they have to travel into the zone quite a lot and therefore having to pay the charge then the ironic thing is that them being charged makes it even more unlikely that they will be able to switch their vehicle to a more environmentally friendly vehicle. 

This is a tax on the poor, by a Labour Council. 

I've no doubt that we'd all love to drive a Tesla, but for many that is very unrealistic. 

Isn't this about getting people on to public transport..?

Talk about changing, not solving the problem.

Mr Johnnie Diesel and his mates avoid the centre due to the charge. Makes the road less busy for Mr Bertie Petrol and his mates, who can travel in more frequently than before, so nothing really changes.

It's not as if a half decent bus service is available as an alternative. 

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Isn't this about getting people on to public transport..?

Be great if that was possible.   To get from where I live (near the county ground) to AG takes an hour on the bus on a good day and that’s without waiting times.   It’s ridiculous.   

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What public transport? 

As other have said, this splits Bristol in two. Travelling between North and South Bristol on public transport is very time consuming. 

Public transport travelling into the city centre (the clean air zone) is pretty good in my experience. I use it every day.

I think this can be a necessary evil but MUST go hand in hand with significantly improved, quality, quantity and affordability of better public transport provision. Bristol and elsewhere.

Parts of it are alright but it's too hit and miss, concentrated in certain areas and certainly the outer edges of the city will not be well covered. Prices could be better too although the balance of service vs commercial necessity etc etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Might not be fuel, but definitely emissions. 

Tracy Morgan Bullshit GIF by Team Coco

Dont be cynical.

Rees can levitate across continents. 

He will heal pollution and the ozone layer and everything.

A metro in the sky will be built and run on vegan gasses to get us to that arena where he wants and only his business buddies want.

Edited by Sixtyseconds

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

9 quid.

That's scandalous. 

Mines the same. 64 plate - Its fine for Bath CAZ but not Bristol CAZ. There is no consistency.

• Like 1

I need to travel from Ashton to Redland in my old van.  I can’t afford to change my van. I will drive along the clanage and up over the suspension bridge to avoid the clean air zone. I wonder how many people will do the same and how long the bridge fare will remain £1

Edited by Bobby Bollax
Grammar

2 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-42350706

Talking of the underground....its going to be built in 5 years time.

This just highlights what absolute rubbish the plans were to begin with. 

Anyone can promise anything 'in ten years time'

Rees wont even be mayor at the end of 2024

No, he won't , as the people of Bristol voted in a referendum to not have the position of a Bristol Mayor anymore. His pathetic legacy will unfortunately remain as a reminder of what an absoloute waste of tax payers money he was. 

• Like 3

My 62 plate car is one that is going to be charged for the privilege of driving into Bristol. Baring this in mind I thought I'd experiment with our public transportation system for our last home game. I mean how bad could a return trip between Downend and Ashton Gate be? Well I got there without a hitch but coming home I was faced with this (see pic)

What a shower of ?. 45 min wait for a bus at 5.40pm on a Saturday.

Bristol is the 5 largest City in England.

First Group made a profit of 806 million last year

All stick, no carrot!

50A0FF47-5C73-4D3B-AA5D-CEA477E7C49D.jpeg

Edited by Flounder

13 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Thanks for that, have checked both mine and the wife's cars, and thankfully when we visit mum and dad, we're fine in both cars.

However my old car, which I was advised to buy by the government (£20 road tax pa) was a 64 plate diesel focus. That would cost me £9 a time. That was a 1.6, my current car being a 2.0 diesel Kuga is absolutely fine. 

• Like 1