IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If, as ManUre's statement says, "Mason did not commit the offences" why are they getting rid of him??

Stupid question, really.  

Obviously a deal done with Mason. You go quietly and we'll say something nice about you. We'll even say your innocent based on private evidence which will never see the light of day. Grubby deal. 

39 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If, as ManUre's statement says, "Mason did not commit the offences" why are they getting rid of him??

Stupid question, really.  

As if they’ve used those words. Disgraceful. 

Not even caveated by “we believe”  which would also be bollocks to be fair.

Edited by Fordy62

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

But given the case is still technically 'open' can they say anything else without admitting guilt.. genuine question?  Same as his own personal statement - if he said 'I'm sorry for my actions' would the CPS try and use that? 

They could’ve said nothing. 

In saying what they’ve said, in essence they’ve said:

We’ve done our own investigation and we concluded that our investigation and judgement is better than that of the police/CPS. 

21 minutes ago, Super said:

They'll loan him then they'll try to bring him back when they think it blows over. Me thinks they are in for a shock.

If it will cost say £8million to pay his contract up, they'll try and recoup some/most of that I would imagine. 

To be honest, most supporters, whether Man U or not, would have applauded the club had they just released him - those that aren't from far out regions of the earth at least!!

I would imagine that from a legal point of view, without a guilty verdict it has made it virtually impossible to just outright sack/release him.

Personally, think he's very lucky to be able to walk let alone do anything else.

• Like 1

Can someone help me out here as I am just completely confused!

Bloke sloshes girlfriend (allegedly) who puts a photo on some website bleeding. Player (Greenwood) gets charged....So far ok?

Girl says she is pregnant (This is where I get confused Girl is/is not the girl he sloshed). Charges are dropped because the CPS say there is no longer a reasonable chance of prosecution!

Greenwood is or is not back with the same girl?

Thanks to anyone who can make any sense of this for me!?

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Also, releasing the statement on the day Lucy Letby is sentenced. No coincidence. 

Yes that is possible.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Bloke sloshes girlfriend (allegedly) who puts a photo on some website bleeding. Player (Greenwood) gets charged....So far ok?

Girl says she is pregnant (This is where I get confused Girl is/is not the girl he sloshed). Charges are dropped because the CPS say there is no longer a reasonable chance of prosecution!

Yes that is possible.

Yes. He’s back with her. They’re married and either have a child or are expecting. 

I would guess she came forward and said that she engineered the recordings and was lying all along. That’d be my guess. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. He’s back with her. They’re married and either have a child or are expecting. 

I would guess she came forward and said that she engineered the recordings and was lying all along. That’d be my guess. 

OK Thanks I see why there is such a meltdown. 

I think you are a copper, so I guess you have insight. However all she has to do in my small but not insignificant experience is just say she will not co-operate with the police/prosecutors and not admit anything, particularly if it is not true.

But hey ho. I wonder how long the marriage will last? 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, not sacking him or getting rid of him, presumably because they either couldn't find a contractual mechanism by which to do so or they think the can still get a transfer done this month and get some £ for him!

If he was an average youth team player, with average potential, he would have been sacked for bringing the club into disrepute…. A long time ago

This confuses the hell out of me…

Two investigations, both found he had not done enough to be charged.

If he done something wrong, why is she still with him? If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he still with her?

If the finds were that he has done nothing to be charged with, why is he not able to carry on his career at Utd? Is this purely due to the media trial more than anything else?

Celebs saying they will no longer be associated with the club if Greenwood is reinstated back into the team. On what basis have they made this decision.

I don’t get any of it!

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If he done something wrong, why is she still with him? If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he still with her?

If the finds were that he has done nothing to be charged with, why is he not able to carry on his career at Utd? Is this purely due to the media trial more than anything else?

Celebs saying they will no longer be associated with the club if Greenwood is reinstated back into the team. On what basis have they made this decision.

I don’t get any of it!

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think you are a copper, so I guess you have insight. However all she has to do in my small but not insignificant experience is just say she will not co-operate with the police/prosecutors and not admit anything, particularly if it is not true.

Ivan  I think the posts underneath answer your question. Hes married and has a kid with the same girl and she refuses to cooperate with the CPS. Thus the charges cant be supported anymore.

What a mess. No wonder there is a meltdown. Some would argue he got back with the girl to avoid the charges but who knows. Hopefully he'll be playing football in the desert soon

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ivan  I think the posts underneath answer your question. Hes married and has a kid with the same girl and she refuses to cooperate with the CPS. Thus the charges cant be supported anymore.

What a mess. No wonder there is a meltdown. Some would argue he got back with the girl to avoid the charges but who knows. Hopefully he'll be playing football in the desert soon

Hopefully he’ll be playing football no where at all…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t know which second investigation you’re referring to, I hope to god that it’s not the man United one! ?

The proper investigation had sufficient evidence to charge and he was charged. To be charged the CPS must believe there is a realistic prospect of conviction. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If he done something wrong, why is she still with him?

Because sadly some people in absuove relationships just take it. That’s as far as I’m prepared to go on that.

If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he still with her?

Probably because it was the only way out without prison.

You must have heard/seen the evidence in the public domain. That’s why. Many people would say he just a rapist who got away with it.

Probably because they think he’s a rapist and has got away with it.

I don’t get any of it!

Hope that helped.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

...... I guess it will last as long as the money does.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t get any of it!

It takes a victim on average 7 times for them to leave an abusive relationship. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yes that is possible.

Their main and only witness changed their mind, and told the CPS that they wouldn’t be testifying anymore, and so the CPS decide there sadly wasn’t a strong enough case without said witness, to have a reasonable chance of a prosecution. That’s the only reason a trial isn’t going ahead anymore.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Saudi is the clear favourite to acquire his services but what other league/country do people think will put a loan offer or permanent bid in for him?

Just a got a feeling Serie A clubs might take a chance on him, then we got Turkey, who else?

What I said. I think he will head off to Italy, Turkey or Greece and will rebuild his career from there.