IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

3 hours ago, Ashtongatered said:

Who’d take him here ? 

No way not me..

Legally hes been acquitted and that's fair enough however personally morally it wouldn't sit well with me from what I saw and heard at the time.

From a football perspective he's clearly a brilliant player but whether he stays at Man U or signs elsewhere they will  gain a huge amount of baggage and that could be at a huge detriment to the dressing room.

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

No way not me..

Legally hes been acquitted and that's fair enough however personally morally it wouldn't sit well with me from what I saw and heard at the time.

From a football perspective he's clearly a brilliant player but whether he stays at Man U or signs elsewhere they will  gain a huge amount of baggage and that could be at a huge detriment to the dressing room.

Unless I am mistaken, MG was not acquitted; rather, charges were dropped as the main witness (his girlfriend) and others refused to give evidence, meaning that the Police/CPS did not feel they would be able to achieve a successful prosecution.

There is an important difference between the two.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unless I am mistaken, MG was not acquitted; rather, charges were dropped as the main witness (his girlfriend) and others refused to give evidence, meaning that the Police/CPS did not feel they would be able to achieve a successful prosecution.

There is an important difference between the two.

Apologies I'm not too clued with the legal definitions however my point still stands. I morally wouldn't want him here regardless of the legal side.

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Apologies I'm not too clued with the legal definitions however my point still stands. I morally wouldn't want him here regardless of the legal side.

Oh, I agree absolutely that I wouldn't want him at City.

Like many on here, I assume, I have seen/heard the various pictures and audio clips, and I dare say had the matter proceeded to Court he would have been found guity.

For the reasons stated above, however, the charges were dropped.

• Like 1

Sponsorships are rather irrelevant for United - they've just signed the biggest sponsorship deal ever with Adidas, and no doubt that was a big focus during discussions, so they've either accepted it, or United have made the decision to get rid of MG (I think the first one is the outcome). Legally, as have seen a couple of people not 100% sure, he has not been found guilty or innocent, the charges were dropped because his partner did not press charges essentially, despite posting them all over social media.

17 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I can only say that if Greenwood were offered to Bristol City tomorrow, on a free transfer, I’d tell them to get ******. 

So I'm assuming you had the same feelings when we signed Danny Simpson?

3 hours ago, Super said:

nobody i hope but i know a club close by who would.....

We signed Danny Simpson before we start slagging off the gas too much...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I would. People make mistakes, you don't throw away a whole life, just because it's banged up a little. He was never found guilty of anything, and he is a talented footballer.

He wasn't found innocent either, and if you've seen the evidence that the majority of football fans have seen, then you probably know what the verdict would be if he had a trial. If you're okay with men assaulting women, both physically and sexually, then you are a shit bloke. 

• Like 1

Man U should terminate him, as an academy graduate there would be no transfer fee losses & his saved salary would cover the Legal fees. 

He’d soon settle to a % of residual contract once he realised how quickly his funds would run out in a litigation battle.

6 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

He wasn't found innocent either, and if you've seen the evidence that the majority of football fans have seen, then you probably know what the verdict would be if he had a trial. If you're okay with men assaulting women, both physically and sexually, then you are a shit bloke. 

I've not seen any evidence, at the same time, if the evidence was that strong, the CPS do not need a victim to take the case forward, so without questioning the evidence people have so called seen, it still stands he was not convicted of any offence. If he has done those things, no of course not, and if the evidence is that overwhelming the CPS would proceed as a conviction would be likely anyway. 

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

You just have to look at the way hi has played out, he's gone elsewhere because he knows it's easier.  Greenwood is in a very different place he's not gone to court it might have been better for him has he done so.  It's a very messy case because some of the evidence has been put into the public domain.  He probably won't even be able to get a gig in Saudi without some sort of proper trial to clear things up.  Dropped charges leave so much ambiguity that there will always be noise around this case.

In Saudi the girl would likely get stoned to death fur adultery while he would be free to carry on his football career, and his life, unaffected!:grr:

12 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I would. People make mistakes, you don't throw away a whole life, just because it's banged up a little. He was never found guilty of anything, and he is a talented footballer.

Ok, so you’d green light anyone treating your daughter/sister/mother like that just because they can play a bit?

I assuming that hopefully ? that you actually haven’t seen it & are posting a bit ignorantly of the evidence 

A095A3D3-D867-4629-8B2D-A9FEBDB7340F.thumb.jpeg.6a2e126e089cd8ffb520a200c73193bb.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Neve said that did i... Lets not try and turn this into another classic OTIB race debate please, no need of it.

Well you did. You are trying to judge a whole group of people, based on your perception.

• Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

So I'm assuming you had the same feelings when we signed Danny Simpson?

We signed Danny Simpson before we start slagging off the gas too much...

I don’t recall being aware of Simpson’s crimes at the time he signed. 

But, yeh, I’d rather we hadn’t signed him yes. Same as I’d rather we didn’t sign any woman beater. Aren’t many things that put you lower in society in my book. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t recall being aware of Simpson’s crimes at the time he signed. 

But, yeh, I’d rather we hadn’t signed him yes. Same as I’d rather we didn’t sign any woman beater. Aren’t many things that put you lower in society in my book. 

Hope that helps. 

He was also as bad a footballer as he was a person by the time he signed for us, calamity of a signing!

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Ok, so you’d green light anyone treating your daughter/sister/mother like that just because they can play a bit?

I assuming that hopefully ? that you actually haven’t seen it & are posting a bit ignorantly of the evidence 

A095A3D3-D867-4629-8B2D-A9FEBDB7340F.thumb.jpeg.6a2e126e089cd8ffb520a200c73193bb.jpeg

Those images are disgusting yes, 100% if he has done that, he is a despicable person. If those photos were in the hands of the CPS and also there was categoric proof these injuries were inflicted by Greenwood, they do not need the witness to pursue the case. At the same time, there is nothing in those images, that proves these injuries were inflicted by Mason Greenwood. I'm not saying he didn't do them, as the young lady has suggested, but those images are not proof. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I've not seen any evidence, at the same time, if the evidence was that strong, the CPS do not need a victim to take the case forward, so without questioning the evidence people have so called seen, it still stands he was not convicted of any offence. If he has done those things, no of course not, and if the evidence is that overwhelming the CPS would proceed as a conviction would be likely anyway. 

Correct, although sexual assault cases are hard at the bit of times as it can be ‘he said, she said’. When the CPS found out the victim had withdrawn it was almost impossible for them. All she had to say was it was a consensual game.

She was hit so often she ended up taking pictures. She was assaulted so often she ended up recording it. This got released. Not going to post it here but easy to find and is deeply disturbing. A man with so few boundaries he got sent home from an England camp.

At this stage her own dad sided with Mason. There was a bail condition that Mason should not contact her. He did. Indeed to the extent she got pregnant and charges were dropped when she made it clear she would not testify.

As a young man, he should be given the opportunity for personal growth and development, sure. Let him go and work in a food bank for 12 months. He is not the victim here.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Correct, although sexual assault cases are hard at the bit of times as it can be ‘he said, she said’. When the CPS found out the victim had withdrawn it was almost impossible for them. All she had to say was it was a consensual game.

She was hit so often she ended up taking pictures. She was assaulted so often she ended up recording it. This got released. Not going to post it here but easy to find and is deeply disturbing. A man with so few boundaries he got sent home from an England camp.

At this stage her own dad sided with Mason. There was a bail condition that Mason should not contact her. He did. Indeed to the extent she got pregnant and charges were dropped when she made it clear she would not testify.

As a young man, he should be given the opportunity for personal growth and development, sure. Let him go and work in a food bank for 12 months. He is not the victim here.

You’re very accurate here. It’s a given that generally no one gives consent in a domestic setting to be assaulted and that’s why victimless prosecutions Can and do go ahead. 

Sexual assaults are wholly based around consent. So you’d very rarely, if at all, see a rape (or attempted rape) case go ahead without a willing victim because consent is so central to the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Turkey? Arab world? East Asia?

There are plenty parts of the world that do not recognise the concept of rape unless it's by a complete stranger.

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

Nonsense. He would 100% be offered something in Saudi IMO. Unfortunately many in the arab world will not see much if anything wrong with what he has done.

I think the Saudis are cognisant of their image problem, Maybe Turkey, the Far East or South America are his only real footballing options.

17 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Depends whether they could prove gross misconduct. You can’t sack someone without due reason

They would probably need to reach a financial settlement for termination.

I think there’s enough out there already to prove gross misconduct. 

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

The disgusting this this comes down to is about money. Man Utd clearly still see him as an asset and that's all they're worried about. It's disgusting.

I don't actually think he should be stopped from having any career in Football completely, but no way should he be given another chance at Man United. What kind of message does this send out to youngsters? You can behave in a disgusting way and as long as you're talented enough, we'll have you back.

If they allow Greenwood back into their squad it will be VERY interesting what the sponsors do and the backlash the club will rightfully get. This isn't just Burton Albion, as Gary Neville would say 'this is Manchester United' - One of the world's elite clubs. It sends out totally the wrong message.

My god Manchester United have gone off a cliff in terms of standards since Fergie left. Never respected them much even back then either.

2 hours ago, Super said:

I'm guessing it would cost 6 or 7 million to pay up his contract and get shot which tbh is peanuts to a club that size. 

Quoted both these as it's related. Would they have to pay up his contract if they found him guilty of something like bringing the club into disrupte or similar? There must be something in player contracts about representing the club and community.

To answer @2015s point, I agree with you. My slight take on it is Man Utd can't keep him because he's done this as an employer of the club and brought them into disrepute.

There is an angle that another club could take him on and say he deserves a second change, apologies have happened etc - much like us with the Danny Simpson situation.

There's unfortunately precedent for rapists (and worse, murderers) going on to continue playing football in the pro game. Someone would take him on.

And there's anbother potential issue for United. If they release him, could one of their competitors take him on and that disadvantages them.