IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Without needing to be critical of either keeper, I’d rather re-contract Bents, he’s my first choice.  Max is perfect for a no2 - low wages, can stand-in without fear, but imho he’s not as good as Bents, nor will he be…and Bents could be here for ages.

I’d rather start to look beyond the current 1-2, and if that means Max having a season on loan, so be it.  If someone like Peterborough then could be loan with obligation to buy.

As for the French lad….really tough to judge….but if there’s a by-product that Han stays then I think that’s an added bonus.

@Davefevs, you're ITK. When you say "Bents could be here for ages", are you indicating that he might sight a new deal (possibly a Weinmann style longer-term, lower wages)?

Also - interesting on the 3 Peaps podcast that they were suggesting we might hang on to HNM as any transfer fee might be lower than the compo if he runs down his contract?

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Have a look at the video @Davefevs posted on page 4. I'm not convinced he's even 6'1" !! 

Just had a look. Doesn’t look 6’3. There is one highlight against fcsm where ball is headed straight up and he is challenged by an attacker. Had a look and that defender is listed at 6 foot even. They looked similarly sized

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He would be an exciting signing, but we also thought that about the young keeper we signed from Bayern a few years ago. I guess we will see one way or another.

Think Ivan was closer to 24 or 25 when he come here. Never really had any senior games that I can remember except a spell in Austria I think? A bit different I think. 

The lack of appearances don’t mean much to me at his age. Whether he comes in to displace Bentley right away or not, I still think if it happens it means Bentley will be leaving either this window or next summer. Just my feel by his reputation and the reported contract. If he was a project youth keeper he’d surely get the 2 year deal or 1+1?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think Ivan was closer to 24 or 25 when he come here. Never really had any senior games that I can remember except a spell in Austria I think? A bit different I think. 

Shame about Lucic, thought he had the perfect physique to be a top keeper.  Could play off either foot, albeit a bit erratic.  But didn’t have the application to go with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Shame about Lucic, thought he had the perfect physique to be a top keeper.  Could play off either foot, albeit a bit erratic.  But didn’t have the application to go with it.

His penalty save verses Fulham was it? Amazing  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I rate Max , those pointing to him staying on his line are correct , but then Bentley is the same . Though that gets brushed over . Where Bentley does stand out is the shot stopping , he was and is better . Max though was very good at getting play moving faster from defence , Bentley can be very laboured and slow . Im not sure either are good enough to ever get to Prem level . 

This signing maybe planning ahead , Max out on loan for a year to come back and replace Bentley when his contract expires . I guess we will see . 

I rather like the Plymouth keeper Cooper . 

Some talk on here Max would end up at Peterborough but they have signed two keepers in the last 24 hours so that won’t happen , so we will see 

3 minutes ago, BLRed said:

All very quiet on this one considering many sources confirmed it as done earlier in the week.

wonder if the club are unhappy that it would have been leaked before they announced it or maybe that it’s done and there is simply no rush

Likely waiting on international clearance/work permit confirmation. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He'll be a bit sad to leave French football, though.

They truly are.

Euphemistically, Bristol City would seem to be the logical move! :whistle:

• Haha 4