IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

This one appears to have gone quiet, and I wonder if it has died a death.

A couple of weeks ago now, but there was some talk over here of him signing for Valenciennes to join his old goalkeeping coach, Jérémie Janot.

As ever, time will tell, but with pre-season having started yesterday it is looking less likely. 

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This one appears to have gone quiet, and I wonder if it has died a death.

A couple of weeks ago now, but there was some talk over here of him signing for Valenciennes to join his old goalkeeping coach, Jérémie Janot.

As ever, time will tell, but with pre-season having started yesterday it is looking less likely. 

Perhaps we are waiting for some outgoings to happen before we can make other signings. 
Will the signing of Buse have an affect on this deal ? 

People need a little patience in my opinion. 

It was leaked only Thursday, foreign signing are more complicated with international clearance/work permits required. He could also be still on his summer break.

I doubt much progressed over the weekend if it's paper work required. His current contract runs until the end of the month so may not be able to complete all the documents or officially announce until then.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 4

Think I've read before that work permit decisions can take up to two weeks? Given this one looks a lot closer, albeit it should be fine, than our previous foreign signings (given criteria at the time) feels like we could be waiting for everything to be finalised.

I guess another factor is if Compensation is due, we could be trying to negotiate before going tribunal?

41 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

When does the official transfer window open?

It opened on 10th June

38 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Think I've read before that work permit decisions can take up to two weeks? Given this one looks a lot closer, albeit it should be fine, than our previous foreign signings (given criteria at the time) feels like we could be waiting for everything to be finalised.

I guess another factor is if Compensation is due, we could be trying to negotiate before going tribunal?

For a international transfer (u23) there is no tribunal, it’s a pre-defined calculation based on the category of club that trained him, in this case St Etienne (Cat 1).  For any u23 player transferred internationally, any clubs that were involved in his training from 12-21 are entitled to a payment.

St Etienne would be entitled to :

• €10k per season between 12-16 (€40k)
  • €90k per season between 16-20 (€360k)

I suspect his transfer to Pau became a point where he ceased to deemed to be training.

So I reckon we might have to pay €400k.

The ambiguity is two-fold.

1. is he about to go OOC at Pau (short term deal signed in Feb??)
  2. was the fact that he transferred to Pau for free (early terminating his contract) an admission from St Etienne that they held no ongoing obligation to training compensation

It is a really difficult area to get your head around once you get into specific examples, especially where a players has transferred as a professional rather than a youth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It opened on 10th June

For a international transfer (u23) there is no tribunal, it’s a pre-defined calculation based on the category of club that trained him, in this case St Etienne (Cat 1).  For any u23 player transferred internationally, any clubs that were involved in his training from 12-21 are entitled to a payment.

St Etienne would be entitled to :

• €10k per season between 12-16 (€40k)
  • €90k per season between 16-20 (€360k)

I suspect his transfer to Pau became a point where he ceased to deemed to be training.

So I reckon we might have to pay €400k.

The ambiguity is two-fold.

1. is he about to go OOC at Pau (short term deal signed in Feb??)
  2. was the fact that he transferred to Pau for free (early terminating his contract) an admission from St Etienne that they held no ongoing obligation to training compensation

It is a really difficult area to get your head around once you get into specific examples, especially where a players has transferred as a professional rather than a youth.

Does that include international and the French windows nit just ours?

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Does that include international and the French windows nit just ours?

There are different dates, but according to several sources “most international federations” are 10th June.

In France Lg1’s case, yes, 10th June.

https://www.ligue1.com/Articles/NEWS/2022/05/04/transfers-dates-for-season-2022-23-announced

You can of course transfer a player any time, just can’t “transfer the registration” unless the window is open.

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Quicker than passports, hopefully. 

Bloody Civil Servants.

As Jacob R-M said, if you simply went back into the office every day then all our problems would be solved overnight.

Take back control..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Didn’t MacGregor all but confirmed this signing a few days ago? Not saying that guarantees anything but a positive sign nonetheless 

It's been confirmed by multiple media sources both here and abroad. I think it's a matter of time but dotting the i's and crossing the t's may take a bit of time hence the delay in officially announcing the deal.

• Thanks 1

So someone made it up and is now clutching at straws as to why it's not happening? Or just making it up because it's not happened yet?

If it's a visa that's been rejected, is that not along the same lines as a work permit? 

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

So someone made it up and is now clutching at straws as to why it's not happening? Or just making it up because it's not happened yet?

If it's a visa that's been rejected, is that not along the same lines as a work permit? 

It wasn't made up, I am not prepared to reveal how I know, but @Davefevsknows my source is impeccable, he was at the HPC yesterday having a fitness test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I would imagine he would be on a tier 2 visa which as far as I'm aware is the same thing as a work permit.

Having hired a lot of people on tier 2 visas recently I would be quite surprised if he was rejected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It wasn't made up, I am not prepared to reveal how I know, but @Davefevsknows my source is impeccable, he was at the HPC yesterday having a fitness test.

Another OTIB poster heard the same as you but from a different source to yours, which is encouraging.

I know nothing, but my gut feel from my WP calcs is that he passes….just.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1