IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

The very scant info I can find on Bajic is he is considered a modern style sweeper keeper. Looks to come off his line with good anticipation and feet, seems good at taking crosses and releasing/distributing the ball at speed.

With O'Leary this season his main plus was his distribution so not surprised that we are looking at a keeper to develop with this skillset under Bentley.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It doesn't, actually.

It is simply a nuance of the French language, just as to 'demand' somebody to do something, means simply to ask them.

One might 'joindre' a queue, or 'rejoindre', think of it as signing up for, a club.

Okay then, can you ever be “gruntled”?

30 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I think loaning O'Leary suits all parties, he gets more game time and he isn't massively far off the required standard though I do feel it could be make or break for him. 

If he has a stand out season and breaks fully into the Irish squad then he has chance to come back and challenge for number 1 or we get a decent fee. If not then it probably is time to move on a play somewhere else as a number 1.

Without needing to be critical of either keeper, I’d rather re-contract Bents, he’s my first choice.  Max is perfect for a no2 - low wages, can stand-in without fear, but imho he’s not as good as Bents, nor will he be…and Bents could be here for ages.

I’d rather start to look beyond the current 1-2, and if that means Max having a season on loan, so be it.  If someone like Peterborough then could be loan with obligation to buy.

As for the French lad….really tough to judge….but if there’s a by-product that Han stays then I think that’s an added bonus.

FWIW here’s some video.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Bajic

Bit more detail up to date on French version. 

Played 30 games in the top two french divisions so maybe ready to challenge Bentley sooner than we think.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Without needing to be critical of either keeper, I’d rather re-contract Bents, he’s my first choice.  Max is perfect for a no2 - low wages, can stand-in without fear, but imho he’s not as good as Bents, nor will he be…and Bents could be here for ages.

I’d rather start to look beyond the current 1-2, and if that means Max having a season on loan, so be it.  If someone like Peterborough then could be loan with obligation to buy.

As for the French lad….really tough to judge….but if there’s a by-product that Han stays then I think that’s an added bonus.

FWIW here’s some video.

Few decent saves there, and it is nice to see a keeper come and collect a ball (or at least get it out of the danger zone!) A lot of that is routine stuff I would expect a keeper to collect though, which to be fair, is not a bad a thing I guess.

Let's see what happens in the next 24 hours, as these "breakthroughs" from foreign sources tend to be leaked right at the end when everything is pretty much sorted, and the club pretty much have no choice but to announce it.

It's an interesting link/position though, which I doubt many would have thought we would see anything happen in. I did say a few days ago though, that Max really needs to move to stake his claim somewhere, or accept that he'll possibly just be a reserve team keeper for the most of his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Further research from your French correspondent, he is very highly regarded.

He was at St Étienne whilst they were experiencing a very difficult season and was replaced by a more experienced guy on loan. 
He went to Pau ( via Tinky Winky) and got the chance of regular games as their number one got himself injured.

He has played at several levels for the French national youth sides, born in St Étienne with Serb origins.

It looks like there were two clubs serious about signing him one in the Championship ( us I guess) and a club in Belgium.

He is 1.87 tall. Is quick, dynamic and commands his area. 
Looks a good prospect.

Major Respect to Major Isewater.

Were you on the wine tonight Major? I think you were a little bit dipsy when you wrote the above!

Please re-read and pay respect to his teletubby pun or he'll be off to lala land. 

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

He’s still relatively young for a goalkeeper. I also expect that he’s rated.

No harm done. He could have a great loan in L1 and replace Bentley if he goes for a decent fee the following season. Would make sense.

He is going to have go some to replace Bentley. 

If he's coming it'll be as a No2 to Bentley with Max loaned out or sold. Max needs to be playing regular 1st team football now and it's not going to happen at City. We have other keepers at various levels of development, notably Wiles-Richards and Buse but neither could really be classed as Championship ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW here’s some video.

He came out for a cross - that makes him better than MOL already.

He can be a bit reckless, but that can be coached.

MOL to go - this lad to challenge to be #1

MOL has had his audition and been found wanting. Get a modest fee or simply let him go if a suitable deal can be found.

This lad is 21 and mixed with good players at international level, seems to like to command the box, and looks for the quick distribution.

Seems a no-brainer to me

Thanks @Davefevs for the clip.

Edited by The Constant Rabbit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

No idea how he makes post brexit rules. I he any good ?????

The GBE WP works out on a percentage of time spent in each band in the calendar year prior to WP application.

So rough maths based on 7 months at St. Etienne (band 1), 5 months at Pau (band 4):

Current club:

image.png.1085a3fbb6dce9519ef9bf53420e93fa.png

Pau - band 4 - 6 points

Minutes played

image.png.f95f0e1b4276fb0be9cfc34dfb28a959.png

St. Etienne minutes - band 1 - 687 mins just sneaks him into the 30-39% bracket - 6 points (*7/12) = 3.5 points (rounded to 4 points)

Pau minutes - band 4 - 1350 mins gets him into the 90-100% bracket - 6 points (*5/12) = 2.5 points (rounded to 3 points).

Youth Debut

Band 4 - as he’s u21.

image.png.6d0fc916c942dc19fd6f44f582eb681c.png

3 points

Total - 16 points - PASS

Without the St. Etienne minutes he would probably have got 15 points.

Clever work if we’ve tracked him from his release at St. Etienne and spent the time looking at Work Permit feasibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Nice to see so many people writing off Max.  Beggars belief this forum at times.  Young for a keeper and surely it’s clear to see he has a lot of strengths.  I remember when Semenyo was never going to be good enough….

He's not young He's 26 almost halfway through his career and still can't nail down the number one spot, look at the keeper you dislike so much Bentley and see how many games he got under his belt at 26,

If I recall Bentley was a consistent number one since he was 19

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The GBE WP works out on a percentage of time spent in each band in the calendar year prior to WP application.

So rough maths based on 7 months at St. Etienne (band 1), 5 months at Pau (band 4):

Current club:

image.png.1085a3fbb6dce9519ef9bf53420e93fa.png

Pau - band 4 - 6 points

Minutes played

image.png.f95f0e1b4276fb0be9cfc34dfb28a959.png

St. Etienne minutes - band 1 - 687 mins just sneaks him into the 30-39% bracket - 6 points (*7/12) = 3.5 points (rounded to 4 points)

Pau minutes - band 4 - 1350 mins gets him into the 90-100% bracket - 6 points (*5/12) = 2.5 points (rounded to 3 points).

Youth Debut

Band 4 - as he’s u21.

image.png.6d0fc916c942dc19fd6f44f582eb681c.png

3 points

Total - 16 points - PASS

Without the St. Etienne minutes he would probably have got 15 points.

Clever work if we’ve tracked him from his release at St. Etienne and spent the time looking at Work Permit feasibility.

Your Statto credentials know no bounds.

Do you have a heat map on my wife? She's been "working late" a lot recently

Edited by Colombo Robin
  • Haha 18

23 minutes ago, westonred said:

Lets give the lad a chance before you crucify him i remember people slagging off the signings of Marvin Elliott, Basso, Wilbraham and even the God that was Norman Hunter and they didnt turn out too bad did they. 

No ones slagging him,

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Can't see where anyone's slagged him off? 

A few posts back..

So we get rid of a top keeper and then sign a 20 year French guy with no real experience to go with our other keeper who frankly failed his audition last season , that’ll work 

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

He's been benched a few times and you know why he always gets his place back?

Because he's the better keeper and one of the best on the division

The stick he gets is unwarranted and is the same stick Heaton got when he was here,

It's hard to be a keeper at city when your defense is so shit

I think we are in agreement that he is our best keeper, so surely we wouldn’t let him run his contract down.  If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract then we have to cash in.  

23 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I think we are in agreement that he is our best keeper, so surely we wouldn’t let him run his contract down.  If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract then we have to cash in.  

A player like Bentley we may well let him run his contract down as he's hard to replace,

But things going for us is that he is very happy here, he appears settled and the club seem content with the situation,

We don't know what's going on behind the seens but I'm not bothered about Bents and his contract personally,

29 minutes ago, westonred said:

A few posts back..

So we get rid of a top keeper and then sign a 20 year French guy with no real experience to go with our other keeper who frankly failed his audition last season , that’ll work 

That's not slagging the French guy off, that's pointing out his lack of experience, and stating the fact that max has been given more then a few chances now and never cemented his claim on the number one spot

• Like 3

11 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Nice to see so many people writing off Max.  Beggars belief this forum at times.  Young for a keeper and surely it’s clear to see he has a lot of strengths.  I remember when Semenyo was never going to be good enough….

In fairness there were plenty last season saying he was better than Bentley.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

A few posts back..

That was someone having a sarcastic dig at someone else suggesting we’d get rid of Bentley 

Just now, Leveller said:

French with Slav parentage.

Im disappointed we haven’t discussed pronunciation of his surname yet. Though obviously we didn’t really bother with Massengo.

Buy-itch? That’s my assumption, though we’ll probably call him Badge-ick.

Badger

• Like 2
  • Haha 1