IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do we need “at least” a couple?

With Pring back next week & hopefully Weimann too, plus Wilson expected to return soon we will have enough if as I expect, Cornick (or someone else) joins us in the next few days.

O’Leary, Haikin

Tanner, Wilson, Vyner, Atkinson, Kalas, Pring, Dasilva.

Naismith (also CB cover), James, Scott, Williams, King, Sykes.

Wells, Weimann, Bell & a new signing with a few kids, Taylor-Clarke, Francois, Kadji on the bench if needed & Conway to return.

Then of course as you said Klose, Massengo & Martin are all currently on the wage bill too, & in all probability at least 2 of them still will be next month.

We certainly don’t need to panic.  When I see a name like Cornick come up I genuinely believe we are sticking to the plan, just trying to see if we can bring forward the summer plan.  No deviation because we have £10m in the bank, but gives us leeway.  For example it allows us to pay a small fee now for a player we would’ve tried to get for free in the summer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

With Pring back next week & hopefully Weimann too, plus Wilson expected to return soon we will have enough if as I expect, Cornick (or someone else) joins us in the next few days.

O’Leary, Haikin

Wells, Weimann, Bell & a new signing with a few kids, Taylor-Clarke, Francois, Kadji on the bench if needed & Conway to return.

Then of course as you said Klose, Massengo & Martin are all currently on the wage bill too, & in all probability at least 2 of them still will be next month.

I said this on another thread but reckon there are four-to-six positions we're actively looking to strengthen but some of those are dependent on players moving out, others won't happen to the summer and others might not happen at all if the right player is not available.

But I agree that we don't need to urgently bring players in and it'll only happen when the club feel they've got the right player at the right moment. I'd not be surprised if one more player leaves and three more come in by Tuesday. But I'd also not be surprised if Cornick or another forward was the only move. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

O’Leary, Haikin

Not sure about Massengo but believe Klose and Martin won’t be around long , Klose could take bit longer as we are discussing terminating his contract so not time dependant , but think Martin will go out in the next few days 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Did anyone notice Low for Walsall against Leicester on the BBC highlights last night. They showed one good block but otherwise he seemed to be struggling with the movement of the Leicester forwards. They were only brief highlights though so his overall performance could well have been better than shown. 

I'd completely forgotten about him being there, otherwise I'd have watched it live instead of Accrington-Leeds which was on at the same time.

Did anyone notice Low for Walsall against Leicester on the BBC highlights last night. They showed one good block but otherwise he seemed to be struggling with the movement of the Leicester forwards. They were only brief highlights though so his overall performance could well have been better than shown. 

I have a feeling Low will learn, improve and come back a better player.

He was unlucky to have a poor game against Lincoln, when everyone else performed badly too.

Seems to have impressed Walsall fans yesterday judging by the replies to his teeet

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if Swansea will steal a March on Cornick now Michael Obafemi has gone to Burnley.

(strange deal - loan with option to buy, makes you wonder what wages he’s on at Swansea?)

I’d like to think that his preference would be us over them ?

Kal could have a major part to play here…..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

IF Swansea are interested then it would come down to the usual factors of contract value and length, game time , and where the managers of both sides see where he fits in.

All speculation obviously as I have not seen anything yet that Swansea have an interest.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if Swansea will steal a March on Cornick now Michael Obafemi has gone to Burnley.

(strange deal - loan with option to buy, makes you wonder what wages he’s on at Swansea?)

21 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I always wondered if a club like Swansea have to pay a lot of wages due to their location. Just under 3 hours to the second city, an hour to Cardiff and 3/4 Hours to london, I imagine they would have to pay high wages. A player might prefer to stay as close to London as possible even if it is only a couple hours closer than Swansea?

9 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

IF Swansea are interested then it would come down to the usual factors of contract value and length, game time , and where the managers of both sides see where he fits in.

All speculation obviously as I have not seen anything yet that Swansea have an interest.

Pete O’Rourke mentioned it on Thursday / Fri.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We certainly don’t need to panic.  When I see a name like Cornick come up I genuinely believe we are sticking to the plan, just trying to see if we can bring forward the summer plan.  No deviation because we have £10m in the bank, but gives us leeway.  For example it allows us to pay a small fee now for a player we would’ve tried to get for free in the summer.

I think we definitely need 1 or 2 now, though, Dave. We don’t want to risk our Championship place. Squad so thin, especially if we get more injuries.
 Shame we don’t have those extra buffer points from Hull (a), Wigan (a), Blackpool (a) and Blackburn (h). Probably 7pts lost there for a mixture of frustrating reasons. I count Blackburn because on another day the lino would have kept his flag down (for what looked such a tight offside).

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I think we definitely need 1 or 2 now, though, Dave. We don’t want to risk our Championship place. Squad so thin, especially if we get more injuries.

I agree.  I’m a big advocate of “it’s a squad game”, so even if it might mean a new player has to bide their time, that’s probably a good thing.

Shame we don’t have those extra buffer points from Hull (a), Wigan (a), Blackpool (a) and Blackburn (h). Probably 7pts lost there for a mixture of frustrating reasons. I count Blackburn because on another day the lino would have kept his flag down (for what looked such a tight offside).

I was quite happy Coventry beat Huddersfield yesterday, keep the gap.  Luton v Cardiff on Tuesday, happy for Luton to take 2 or 3 points off of them. 

19 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Absolutely, great performance but the squad needs beefing up, by the end of the window we will have shipped out Towler, Bentley, Semenyo and almost certainly Klose and Martin ( one way or another on their way if not in today’s 20 man squad ) , with at present only the keeper in.

Need at least a couple in including of course a front man, expect that to happen in the next few days 

Where does it come from that Klose & Martin are certain to leave ?

14 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Where does it come from that Klose & Martin are certain to leave ?

Pearson has made it clear on a few occasions they are not wanted and they know their position , has pretty much said Klose is looking to terminate his contract , I said almost certain to leave which is what I believe 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Pearson has made it clear on a few occasions they are not wanted and they know their position , has pretty much said Klose is looking to terminate his contract , I said almost certain to leave which is what I believe 

With Klose it is completely the other way around, we want to settle it up, but no sign yet that he’s too keen.

I think he’s going to retire at season’s end (he actually said when he signed on for this year that he had thought about it then), so as he has little incentive to find himself another club I’m not sure that he’s particularly fussed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Ideally they would go, but otherwise they are sat on contracts to train a few days a week on what,, 7000 per week each? I think id sit on that too!

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With Klose it is completely the other way around, we want to settle it up, but no sign yet that he’s too keen.

I think he’s going to retire at season’s end (he actually said when he signed on for this year that he had thought about it then), so as he has little incentive to find himself another club I’m not sure that he’s particularly fussed.

Is it the case that I'd their contracts are terminated before the end of window they can sign for another club this season?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

But are both not under contact till end of season . Yes there been talk of Klose having mutual termination of contract , which will probably still cost us a termination amount. And if Martin has no better options on offer he might sit tight and run contact out. So just again I see both going this window as not a certainty, 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril