IGNORED

Loan Watch 2022 - 2023

Port Said Red

30 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I note that young keeper Mac Boyd has gone out on loan again to Melksham Town. 

One month for him and Brandon Oberteri* Oputeri (new name to me) has gone to Yate for a month too. Olly Thomas has gone to Bath City for the rest of the season.  

Apologies to the young man but it's our own website that misspelt his name.

Edited by Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Boyd starts for Melksham 1-1 at HT 

Olly Thomas 66m sub for Bath City, Morton scored.

Yate Town match off.

Pearson on the bench for Dons.

Screenshot_2023-01-07-16-41-16-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-07-16-42-00-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cracking game at Twerton Park.  Superb goal from James Morton, who played well throughout, and Olly Thomas looked a beast when he came on.  First touch not necessarily the best, but he frightened the life out of the Eastbourne defence with his powerful running.  First time I’ve seen him and he looks a prospect.  How come James Morton is still only on loan though?  Presumably he’ll never feature for City after so many years on the books.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Cracking game at Twerton Park.  Superb goal from James Morton, who played well throughout, and Olly Thomas looked a beast when he came on.  First touch not necessarily the best, but he frightened the life out of the Eastbourne defence with his powerful running.  First time I’ve seen him and he looks a prospect.  How come James Morton is still only on loan though?  Presumably he’ll never feature for City after so many years on the books.

I assume it's because we will continue to pay his wages until the end of his contract? @Davefevsmay know more.

36 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

and Olly Thomas looked a beast when he came on.  First touch not necessarily the best, but he frightened the life out of the Eastbourne defence with his powerful running.  First time I’ve seen him and he looks a prospect.  

You describe perfectly the Olly Thomas I saw a number of times in u23s last season.  He dies so remind me of Antoine (mk2)

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I assume it's because we will continue to pay his wages until the end of his contract? @Davefevsmay know more.

Yes, I’d imagine so.  4 Yr (and option) signed in Sept 2019 whilst on loan to FGR, where he started well but tailed off.  Even made his City debut against Exeter in EFL Cup under Holden at start of 20/21 season, never to appear again.  On trial with MK Dons summer 2021 but Martin / Williams managerial duo split when Martin went to Swansea.  Then a trial this summer with Williams at Notts County to no avail.

I just find it a bit bizarre.  Looks so elegant when I’ve seen him in u23s (u21s).  May lack a yard of pace for this level admittedly, but I struggle to see how he’s not become a pro elsewhere, unless…

…that contract was too big for anyone to want to take it on, or him accept City cancelling his deal here.

Both club and player appear to be the loser here.  City contractually obliged of course.

I hope it is a “money-thing” and as soon as his contract ends here this summer, he will genuinely be free to kick start his pro career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1