IGNORED

Loan Watch 2022 - 2023

Port Said Red

It depends on what type of loan deal it is, both being pros I expect there is a clause where they can’t be recalled within 21 days of the loan starting, however I also believe the deadline for deals may be next week so they may be stuck on loan for Yeovil. However as we’ve seen for Sam Pearson they could probably come back train/play 21’s but not play for first team. 

• Thanks 2

Mac Boyd and Joe Porton both played for Melksham Town in their 4-0 away win at Cinderford. The Non League Paper report said that Porton was outstanding and named him their Star Man of the match. Judging by tweets from the Cinderford twitter account Mac Boyd also had an excellent game making a number of outstanding saves. Another good week for 19 year olds. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Mac Boyd and Joe Porton both played for Melksham Town in their 4-0 away win at Cinderford. The Non League Paper report said that Porton was outstanding and named him their Star Man of the match. Judging by tweets from the Cinderford twitter account Mac Boyd also had an excellent game making a number of outstanding saves. Another good week for 19 year olds. 

I’ve only seen Porton twice, and limited minutes too, but he looked technically very good.

Thanks to Walsall's partnership with schools programme, the wife and I took our 2 kids to the Walsall v Gillingham match today for the huge sum of £10 all in. Apart from the price of the tickets the other bonus was getting a chance to have a look at Joe Low. The Gill's also have a couple of ex Gas to have a good chuckle at as well.

Low started on the bench but was brought on the 53rd minute after ex-City youth player Jacob Maddox limped off. Maddox was playing on the left side of a midfield 3 at the time which required a re-jig of the Walsall line up allowing Low to slot in at CB.

He's a big lad for a 21 year old and definately likes to muscle his way in defence. Not scared to stick his body in when requried. Overall, I'd say he probably isn't at the standard we'd want at the moment. His decision making seemed off which led to him almost giving the ball away and presenting the Gill's forward an open net after having a mix up with his own keeper and then later giving away a free kick right in the middle of the goal on the edge of the penalty area.

As I said, he's not worried about getting stuck in but most of his clearences were hard hit balls or headers forward just to clear his lines. Donervon Daniels, Walsall's Captain and the other CB, had a far better game and it was interesting to measure the two performances alongside each other. It was noticeable that after the enforced subsitution of Maddox Gillingham came back into the game. Overall though, Walsall's goal hadn't been troubled before Low came on and still remained goal free at the end of the match. A clean sheet is a clean sheet.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Thanks 5