IGNORED

Loan Watch 2022 - 2023

Port Said Red

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see young keeper Mac Boyd has gone on loan to my home town team Melksham Town. I understand he started yesterday but sadly the Black and Yellow family went down 3-2 at Lymington. 

Yes, looks like Melksham’s keeper was on loan and gone back to FGR.

Towler is getting a lot of praise, from Management and fans alike. 
Saw a piece by Bristol Live a couple of days ago, always thought he could play, my only doubt was could he handle the physicality , nice to see he's proving me wrong to doubt him.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wimbledon-bristol-city-ryley-towler-7705433

1143585235_Screenshot2022-11-16at08_48_10.png.11676eb0b9a478139abea7ef9d88acd4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Ryley is making a big impression on loan, and getting great reviews.  Might it be wise to bring him back in January to bolster our options, or is it better that he remains where he is to gain even more experience?   Although he is getting very complimentary feedback.......  it is however to be remembered,  that it is League 2?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Ryley Towler impressing with the Wombles
3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Ryley is making a big impression on loan, and getting great reviews.  Might it be wise to bring him back in January to bolster our options, or is it better that he remains where he is to gain even more experience?   Although he is getting very complimentary feedback.......  it is however to be remembered,  that it is League 2?

Probs best not to rush him, maybe league 1 next season?

15 hours ago, Partridge is a robin said:

Probs best not to rush him, maybe league 1 next season?

I disagree, that's not what he needs. He went there to toughen up, he appears to have done that and we know he has the talent. Let's get him back, maybe even in January as we have a recall. He's in form and popular and the Manager has been complaining about the lack of depth in the squad. He's 20 now, time to stake a claim.

• Like 1

Another piece on Riley.

Bristol City loanee ‘enjoying his football’ at AFC Wimbledon 

Johnnie Jackson believes Bristol City will be delighted that Ryley Towler has been getting regular minutes during his loan spell at AFC Wimbledon.

The 20-year-old joined on a season-long loan from Nigel Pearson’s side and has featured 15 times in all competitions since arriving at Plough Lane.

Towler bagged his first goal for the club in the 3-1 defeat away to Walsall and has been used in various roles this season, playing in midfield and at centre-back in a back three and four for Jackson’s side.

The Robins have a January recall clause in the loan deal.

“They [Bristol City] are really happy with how it has been going for him,” Jackson told the South London Press when asked whether the Championship side had indicated what they planned for Towler beyond January.

“They sent him to us because they wanted him to get games and regular football.

“He’s getting that here, and I know for a fact that he is really enjoying his football – he’s loving his time down here with us.

“We’re really happy with him. I’m sure Bristol City are happy with us and the fact that he’s getting the opportunities that he’s getting. Long may that continue.”

Towler was the final signing of the summer window, joining the Dons on deadline day. He has played the full 90 minutes in the last eight League Two outings.

“I spoke with Ryley a few weeks before he ended up signing,” said Jackson.

“Bristol City had to decide which way they wanted to go with it, and it took a while to get done. I told him how keen we were on bringing him in. Luckily enough, we managed to do it.

“We have had to use him in different positions, and he has played a lot of football since he came through the door.

“Ryley has been brilliant for us – his level of performance has been outstanding. I would agree that his performances have been improving game by game.

“He has been a real reliable signing for us. He’s a great character, too – a great kid to have around the place. He works hard every day and there is no fuss. He has been a pleasure to work with.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3