IGNORED

Loan Watch 2022 - 2023

Port Said Red

I was looking at Ross County's recent record and there is no mention of Owura Edwards?

They seem to have signed several players who all play in a similar position to him as well, including another player called Edwards from Wigan.

I had a look at his Twitter page, but it doesn't seem to have been updated recently, I don't have access to any of the other social media, anyone any idea what's happening with him?

By the way, I see that Opi has gone to the US to play.

On 05/02/2023 at 20:38, Port Said Red said:

I was looking at Ross County's recent record and there is no mention of Owura Edwards?

They seem to have signed several players who all play in a similar position to him as well, including another player called Edwards from Wigan.

I had a look at his Twitter page, but it doesn't seem to have been updated recently, I don't have access to any of the other social media, anyone any idea what's happening with him?

By the way, I see that Opi has gone to the US to play.

Opi is now playing for Rochester New York FC in the US third tier. The club is co-owned by Jamie Vardy. 

Have allowed youngsters Callum Wood, Joe Porton and Tommy Backwell to depart the Championship club on loan for a short period. 

Backwell and Wood have headed to nearby non-league side Yate Town, whilst Porton has moved to Melksham Town, both on initial short-term deals, which could be extended. All three players can be recalled from their clubs, and they will continue to train at the High Performance Centre during the day, whilst also training in the night with their respective teams.

39 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Have allowed youngsters Callum Wood, Joe Porton and Tommy Backwell to depart the Championship club on loan for a short period. 

Backwell and Wood have headed to nearby non-league side Yate Town, whilst Porton has moved to Melksham Town, both on initial short-term deals, which could be extended. All three players can be recalled from their clubs, and they will continue to train at the High Performance Centre during the day, whilst also training in the night with their respective teams.

Yate back in our good books then.

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yate back in our good books then.

18 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Three City youngsters at Yate now.

New manager, completely different style of football being played, better results, more competitive, positivity all around the club again. 

Peter Beadle is thankfully a long distant memory. Worst manager I've ever seen tbh. Considering his professional background...clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Three City youngsters at Yate now.

New manager, completely different style of football being played, better results, more competitive, positivity all around the club again. 

Peter Beadle is thankfully a long distant memory. Worst manager I've ever seen tbh. Considering his professional background...clueless.

City have always been happy to send youngsters out to Rendall teams. Whenever Paulton (Rendalls previous team), who run on a small squad, needed a player on loan, Tinns usually sorted one.

• Like 1

Cracking game down at lodge road yesterday.

Backwell and Wood both started. Backwell did ok, got hooked. Wood was more impressive, very composed. Hooked later on.

Two great goals from Yate. One straight from kick off.

Three howlers conceding. The defending at the corner is a joke. Then the call from the keeper to win the ball from a long cross is hilarious. Don't think he got within 2ms of it ?? Then the cheap ball inside to lose possession leads to the winner. 

Watching this and my mates stream of City at the same time made for an entertaining afternoon.

Speaking to a Poole fan, the majority of their fans behind the goal celebrating are banned from home games ??

Apparently one had to get a train back as the coach driver wouldn't let him back on...he was that wasted ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Backwell and Wood both started. Backwell did ok, got hooked. Wood was more impressive, very composed. Hooked later on.

Three howlers conceding. The defending at the corner is a joke. Then the call from the keeper to win the ball from a long cross is hilarious. Don't think he got within 2ms of it ?? Then the cheap ball inside to lose possession leads to the winner. 

Watching this and my mates stream of City at the same time made for an entertaining afternoon.

Speaking to a Poole fan, the majority of their fans behind the goal celebrating are banned from home games ??

Apparently one had to get a train back as the coach driver wouldn't let him back on...he was that wasted ?

Both players been out injured for 12/14 weeks. First starts in that period for both. Planned 45 and 60 mins respectively.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spudski said:

I see Ross Staley played his last game on Saturday and is off to play in New Zealand. I know he hasn't been at Yate long but he will be a big miss.