IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

I bet there were crazy scenes 

Screenshot_20230430_104120_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20230430_104139_Flashscore.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken (and taking into account late goals elsewhere of course). Chorley went from 4th to 12th in fifteen minutes? Blimey, that's some drop! And looks like Gloucester went from 12th to 4th also...

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 4

Torquay down to NL South, but Weymouth stage a last-minute revival to stay in that league. Lots of local derbies in the NL South for the West Country fan looking to watch some non-league, next season. 

With three southern sides departing the NL, it might be that one of the NL South's existing teams has to join Gloucester and Hereford and play Oop North. Oxford City, perhaps?

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Torquay down to NL South, but Weymouth stage a last-minute revival to stay in that league. Lots of local derbies in the NL South for the West Country fan looking to watch some non-league, next season. 

With three southern sides departing the NL, it might be that one of the NL South's existing teams has to join Gloucester and Hereford and play Oop North. Oxford City, perhaps?

Lad next door to me plays for Weymouth 

They were 7 points from safety with 3 games left 

Won all 3 to stay up Great effort 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

A third of the division is based west of Swindon by my reckoning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Unless I'm mistaken (and taking into account late goals elsewhere of course). Chorley went from 4th to 12th in fifteen minutes? Blimey, that's some drop! And looks like Gloucester went from 12th to 4th also...

2,000 crowd,pitch invasion after the winner,amazing game not even mentioned on points west footie round up earlier. 

Great for gloucester city who have a good loyal band of supporters amidst the man u and Liverpool "fans" of gloucester plus the rugby

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, forbespm said:

2,000 crowd,pitch invasion after the winner,amazing game not even mentioned on points west footie round up earlier. 

Great for gloucester city who have a good loyal band of supporters amidst the man u and Liverpool "fans" of gloucester plus the rugbyThey

They won't be partying in Gloucester tonight. ?

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 19:23, forbespm said:

Great for gloucester city who have a good loyal band of supporters amidst the man u and Liverpool "fans" of gloucester plus the rugby

I was there?.. my mate, non league enthusiast, talked me into it. He wanted us to be" neutral" so we were in the away side as it was quieter. 

Decent enough game, both teams tired 2nd half in the sun. Chorley went 3-1 up and celebrated long and hard with the travelling support,  which was fair enough, but they definitely switched off and City? made it 2-3 within 5 mins via a sub with a close range header.

The tigers then put together a lovely move ending with a great ball in from Tommy O' Sullivan, who was my man of the match, for the sub to score with another close range header before winning it in stoppage time with a panicking Chorley leaving a man unmarked at the far post to volley in. 

Cue scenes?. Tough on Chorley. 

• Like 4