IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Truro vs Bracknell has been postponed this evening due to a waterlogged pitch

Crazy backlog on the horizon now 

For those that don't know Truro play at Plymouth Parkways ground, these are the games currently scheduled for there, I will be amazed if all the games below go ahead 

Saturday 15th : Truro v MET Police

Sunday 16th :

Monday 17th : Truro v Bracknell 

Tuesday 18th :  Plymouth v Winchester 

Wednesday 19th :  Truro v Salisbury 

Thursday 20th : Plymouth v North Leigh 

Friday 21st

Saturday 22nd : Plymouth v Bracknell 

Truro ever going to get their own ground? Seem to remember a stadium was on the cards for them and Cornish Pirates .

Who's putting the money in ? They get crowds of 150 at Parkway  with the hosts getting triple that.

Hard to see how that's sustainable.

On a side note Totton who are coming up to the Premier league this season are getting over 1,000 ever home game.

Some crowd that at the level.

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Off to Bradford Town tonight for Thornbury Town's last game of the season.

Thornbury need a win to secure their Hellenic Premier status, and bottom-of-the-league Bradford absolutely have to win if they want a chance of staying up (they still have two games left after tonight).

Big game. 

image.png.ae34a0f693e8c20848954e7c97b57420.png

Another defeat for Chipping Sodbury tonight - 5-1 at home, after a 10-0 defeat to Cribbs recently, they really are a bad side.

In Southern Prem, Hendon drew 1-1 with Hanwell. Yate now need to win both games and hope Hendon get no more than 1 point from the last 4.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Another defeat for Chipping Sodbury tonight - 5-1 at home, after a 10-0 defeat to Cribbs recently, they really are a bad side.

In Southern Prem, Hendon drew 1-1 with Hanwell. Yate now need to win both games and hope Hendon get no more than 1 point from the last 4.

A comfortable win for Thornbury this evening, running out 3 nil winners, and it could've been more. Bradford looked a poor side too; they could've been there all night and not scored. 

Thornbury have come back brilliantly after losing 9 of their opening 10 games. They're safe from relegation now. 

A fine win for Taunton this evening too, at second placed Dartford. They too are comfortably safe from relegation. 

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A fine win for Taunton this evening too, at second placed Dartford. They too are comfortably safe from relegation. 

Indeed, and they could even finish above Bath City.

Hungerford will be kicking themselves, losing away to the bottom team.

A win there would have given them some hope of avoiding relegation.

A great shame for their Rovers loanees.

On 10/04/2023 at 16:46, spudski said:

Yate 2-1 up at Merthyr ? can they do the unimaginable!!!

Interesting fact about Merthyr. The only time the club managed to defeat a Football League club in the FA Cup was in the first round of the 1946–47 cup, when they beat Bristol Rovers 3–1.

You know what that means in gaslogic :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Basically gone full circle back to old Southern league days

If Torquay go down, the Conf South is right old West Country mini-league, with Bath and Chippenham as well as Yeovil.  Shame Weymouth look doomed, as that would've added to it.   I believe I'm right in saying Weston could go up though?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Torquay go down, the Conf South is right old West Country mini-league, with Bath and Chippenham as well as Yeovil.  Shame Weymouth look doomed, as that would've added to it.   I believe I'm right in saying Weston could go up though?

Don`t forget the mighty Taunton Town!

• Like 3

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Top with two games to play.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yate got relegated today with this penalty not given at 1-1

Fantastic save from their defender from a bullet header

Screenshot_20230415-180443_Chrome.jpg

I was there today as well. Yate were unlucky to lose. Poor defending and goalkeeping as usual, but the offside and penalty shouts were poor by the officials. A draw would have been fair. 

I heard again that two teams might not come up, and another has three weeks to build a stand or not in league. 

So Yate might survive by default.