IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What`s the deal below top? Playoffs or just go again next season?

2nd to 5th inclusive go into a play off with the winner promoted along with the team finishing 1st

I have copied the next part as it explains it better than me... 

Two teams from the Northern Premier League and two teams from the Southern League Central Division will be promoted to the National League North, while two teams from the Southern League South Division and two teams from the Isthmian League Premier Division will be promoted to the National League South. So that's four teams in total.

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/English-Footballs-Pyramids-Promotion-Relegation-how-deep-does-it-go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I was there today as well. Yate were unlucky to lose. Poor defending and goalkeeping as usual, but the offside and penalty shouts were poor by the officials. A draw would have been fair. 

I heard again that two teams might not come up, and another has three weeks to build a stand or not in league. 

So Yate might survive by default. 

The key is Yate need to get up as high in the league as possible just in case not all sides go down 

Weston survived relegation from the Conference South for a few seasons due to the poor standard of facilities of sides finishing in the promotion places 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t forget the mighty Taunton Town!

My bad. 

I've, for my sins, been an occasional visitor to Twerton Park. It's the nearest decent level non-league ground for me.

Must catch a derby game next season. Maybe Bath v Taunton. 

• Admin
Just now, Red-Robbo said:

My bad. 

I've, for my sins, been an occasional visitor to Twerton Park. It's the nearest decent level non-league ground for me.

Must catch a derby game next season. Maybe Bath v Taunton. 

Potentially you could be spoilt for choice with the number of local sides next year 

I wonder if Gloucester and Hereford would be tempted to switch leagues? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

2nd to 5th inclusive go into a play off with the winner promoted along with the team finishing 1st

I have copied the next part as it explains it better than me... 

Two teams from the Northern Premier League and two teams from the Southern League Central Division will be promoted to the National League North, while two teams from the Southern League South Division and two teams from the Isthmian League Premier Division will be promoted to the National League South. So that's four teams in total.

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/English-Footballs-Pyramids-Promotion-Relegation-how-deep-does-it-go

Still a good chance for Truro too then?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Torquay go down, the Conf South is right old West Country mini-league, with Bath and Chippenham as well as Yeovil.  Shame Weymouth look doomed, as that would've added to it.   I believe I'm right in saying Weston could go up though?

Despite their run now they have key players fit, of Torquay's last 3 games only the one against Altrincham looks winnable. Whether that's enough I don't know.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Despite their run now they have key players fit, of Torquay's last 3 games only the one against Altrincham looks winnable. Whether that's enough I don't know.

Exactly. They really need to win the last three to make up a two point disadvantage. That's the conventional wisdom at this stage of the season.

Feel sorry for my Gull-supporting mate, but he says it's all about money. When they failed to get through their play-off against Hartlepool in 2021 they'd shot their bolt, lost the most important players and cash dried up to replace them.  Being in Devon, they get fewer League club loanees than some other NL clubs as well. 

• Like 2

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Still a good chance for Truro too then?

Yeah 

Host second place Bracknell Monday night, Truro win basically hands Weston the title too

Truro need the points to get home semi second leg 

40 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Gloucester city still in play off place but dropped points in a 1-1 draw with alfreton

Not too bad a result, stopped Alfreton gaining ground on them

• Thanks 1

Hertfordshire as opposed to Yate for me today so missed the last knockings. Seen a lot of reports bemoaning the officials but praising the performance, and the photo is damning on the handball (but I’m also not sure the club should be sharing it).

Ultimately it’s not a one day decision here that’s killed them. It’s colossal mismanagement after Michael left through Beadle then carried on by JR. Staying up by default would be quite unjust considering how bad the team have been for most of 40 games.

Having recently moved to Worle I’m looking to go to a few Weston matches. The only thing that has stopped me so far is that I live up by Morrisons so it’s either a 3 mile ish walk each way or the number 7 scenic bus tour via all hamlets. Does any body have any hacks in terms of quicker ways of getting there please? I could drive of course but was hoping to have a beer so that would be last option. Are there any short cuts that people know of?

• Admin
13 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Having recently moved to Worle I’m looking to go to a few Weston matches. The only thing that has stopped me so far is that I live up by Morrisons so it’s either a 3 mile ish walk each way or the number 7 scenic bus tour via all hamlets. Does any body have any hacks in terms of quicker ways of getting there please? I could drive of course but was hoping to have a beer so that would be last option. Are there any short cuts that people know of?

If you are going to walk, cut through Haywood Village by the helicopter museum

Otherwise you would be better getting one of the buses direct to town and change from there

• Thanks 1

On 15/04/2023 at 18:40, phantom said:

Potentially you could be spoilt for choice with the number of local sides next year 

I wonder if Gloucester and Hereford would be tempted to switch leagues? 

Gloucester and Hereford won't necessarily get a choice. It will depend on the teams to be promoted, particularly teams from the Midlands. Gloucester were only placed in the North originally due to a promise made to Worcester City to keep them in the South. Subsequently of course Worcester's financial plight saw them take voluntary relegation to a Midlands league but Gloucester have stayed put. 

• Admin
On 08/11/2022 at 20:50, phantom said:

Bath Citys match tonight abandoned due to an injury to Alex Fletcher after he collided with an advertising hording

Hopefully not too serious and he makes a full recovery 

Informative report on the injury

Alex Fletcher: Bath City striker on impact of life-threatening skull injury - BBC Sport

• Like 1

Would be good to see Weston back in the Conference South next season and the attendances of over 1000 continuing. Weston has a population of 80,000 compared to 50,000 in Yeovil so there's a chance of it. 

1 minute ago, Nugget said:

If Weston go up and Torquay and Yeovil come down, they'll be in the same league next Season, unless i'm missing a league out?!

Yes they will. Same as Bath, Chippenham and Taunton too. 

And…..David Noble’s St Albans, if they don’t go up!

• Like 1