IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers away Carabao Cup match day thread

I hate any talk of losing, I accept the League is the priority, but City are capable of beating a decent Wycombe team even with some changes. The players coming in should be hungry and with a point to prove. Without any info on niggles etc, this would be my starting 11 for tonight -

3-4-1-2

O Leary

Vyner Klose Atkinson

Wilson King Massengo Pring

Weimann

Martin Wells

Depending on how the match is going, I'd make the following changes in the 2nd half -

Naismith for Atkinson

Scott for Massengo

Conway for Wells

Tanner for Wilson or Vyner

Bell for Martin

This would get minutes into the legs of the players that need it and protect those that need protecting ahead of the weekend.

A good cup run can be the catalyst to good league results. 

There is a great feel good factor around the club at the moment and going on a cup run can only enhance that. Especially if we were able to either progress far like before or get a big cup draw. Getting a big club would also help to reduce some financial pressure. 

I'd stick with the same back 3 as it's another opportunity to gel. We need to field as strong of a team as we possible without compromising upon Saturday's game. 

• Like 1