IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers away Carabao Cup match day thread

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea I agree, with a flat midfield 3 of Kadji, Kingy and Massengo-ey. They usually use the layout to represent the formation. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'd imagine Massengo a bit further forward in Weimann's role?

My guess is it will be a bit like the Cov (a) set up.

Bentley 

Tanner Klose Naismith

King

Wilson Kadji Massengo Pring

Martin Wells

But essentially more 352 than 3412….but will find out soon.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Loves a challenge and a tussle. Physical lad. Think Pearson will love him. 

No one can say that NP isn’t giving our youth players a chance, more so than any manager I can recall in recent times. Yes maybe he’s been somewhat pushed into it with our constraints but he’s still done it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Some people can’t listen to radio Bristol, which is why they do it 

Down here on the Levels, surrounded by rhynes, willows and herons, I can rarely get Radio Bristol commentary on the DAB/FM radio (Radio Somerset defaults to Yeovil Town), but I can get it on Freeview TV.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

My guess is it will be a bit like the Cov (a) set up.

Bentley 

Tanner Klose Naismith

King

Wilson Kadji Massengo Pring

Martin Wells

But essentially more 352 than 3412….but will find out soon.

Sky sports app has Naismith as the wide right  of a front 3! Genius! COYR 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

Yeh,and they charge £2.50 for it, if you listen to RB ,it's free

Not here in Estonia unfortunately, I pay £5 per month for the games during that period, through the playing season through paypal and then when there is an international break, I cancel it and then resume when they start playing again. Simple!

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

It is not showing on Robins TV just went to my account under packages they are not broadcasting it??? Yet they did with the last round???

Yes, the same - I have an annual subscription  but would pay the £2-50 on top if necessary, but it's not there ??

Anyone help or explain how to listen (I'm not in RB broadcasting area)

Ta

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

In terms of the consequences that stem from the result yes. Lose tonight and we're knocked out of the competition for good, it's gone, any chance of replicating 2017, or of going better than that, is gone. Lose last Sunday and it's just some points dropped/not won. We get another chance to win three points on Saturday, and then another 40-odd chances to do so over the next 9 months. 

As I said, I appreciate that the ultimate prize available in the league is greater than the one at the end of the League Cup run. However, the significance of a single league game within the league competition is much less that the significance of a single cup game within that competition.

Interesting that you've brought the memory of games, wins, promotions etc into this. Personally I'd say I remember the 2017/18 cup run with as much clarity and perhaps even fondness as I do the 2014/15 promotion. I've heard from many fans that the trip to the Etihad, and leading at HT, is one of their very fondest memories as a City fan.

Of course we also had the JPT victory in 2015, and that in itself is a great memory of mine - seeing my team win at Wembley was brilliant, and that isn't something every football fan gets to see. That was a cup run, in a competition even more minor than the won in which wee play tonight. I'd be gutted if I didn't have that memory.

I'm pleased you've mentioned the away game at Man City. Leading at Half time at the Etihad, home of probably the best team in the world at that time with 7k our our fans is one of my fondest moments as a Bristol City fan too. 

Promotions, JPT finals and even play off finals come around more often than leading at Half time at the home of the eventual premier league champions. 

That League Cup win was Peps 1st trophy in England so its kinda cool we feature in that history. That Man City team then went on to win the Premier league that season with a Premier league record of 100 points. 

Very fond of those 15 mins indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Yes, the same - I have an annual subscription  but would pay the £2-50 on top if necessary, but it's not there ??

Anyone help or explain how to listen (I'm not in RB broadcasting area)

Ta

You should be able to pay for the audio commentary through your account. At the moment it's not on, maybe starting just before the game.

• Thanks 1