IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers away Carabao Cup match day thread

• Admin
2 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Is the game on anywhere (iFollow, RobinsTv) or is it not on anywhere ?

14 hours ago, phantom said:

I reckon we're going to have to start giving fines out for the person who asks this question EVERY midweek game.... We'd make a fortune for charity 

share no GIF

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, describing something as nonsense because it differs from your opinion is a bit strong.

it looks quite a plausible team to me, but we’ll see.

In principle, I agree with your comment entirely, and it is certainly not something I would normally do.

It has been mentioned by several knowledgeable posters on this forum, however, that the three players I highlighted were all suffering before or after Saturday’s game.

Weimann was apparently shattered before the match, so I doubt very much he would be risked before Blackpool.

Atkinson appeared to be struggling with a groin injury, so ditto.

And, finally, poor old (young) Tommy Conway ran himself in to the ground and was kicked from pillar to post, so, despite his current rich vein of form and, I am sure, a desire to add to his goal scoring spree, would surely be best advised to rest and recover for Blackpool.

To clarify, my comment wasn’t aimed at the poster, rather at the article from that awful journal to which he provided a link.

Still, I suppose we shall all find out later this evening.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Am I the only one who is overly excited about tonight? 

Nope. Love a Cup run. It was a treat for me to see us beat Coventry at Burton, and selfishly I think it's quite fun that these games aren't available on 4 different streams and 7 TV channels. I'm looking forward to an audio-only follow mixed with updates from the few who are there. If this leads to a tasty 3rd round draw, or an extended run, then all the better.

I think it's also always exciting to see a different batch of players to the ones we see in the league every week.

Love the Cups.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nope. Love a Cup run. It was a treat for me to see us beat Coventry at Burton, and selfishly I think it's quite fun that these games aren't available on 4 different streams and 7 TV channels. I'm looking forward to an audio-only follow mixed with updates from the few who are there. If this leads to a tasty 3rd round draw, or an extended run, then all the better.

I think it's also always exciting to see a different batch of players to the ones we see in the league every week.

Love the Cups.

I remember the days of enduring Radio Bristol just for the goal updates.

The programme would be interrupted with ‘ and there’s been a goal at Ashton Gate’ followed by a few seconds of panic before ‘ yes, and Tom Ritchie ( or A.N. Other) has put City ahead :dancing2:‘ or ‘ and it’s gone to the away side’ :grr:

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Love the Cups.

Remember when you had to keep your cup tickets in case we got a big draw in the next round and you had to prove you went to get priority!  Simple times but happy times

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Am I the only one who is overly excited about tonight? 

Haven’t got the nerves as I would do for a league game, that’s for sure. Almost a friendly feel about it to me…

Not bothered if we win or lose. Each to their own of course!

Just now, brady bunch said:

you should be able to park near the ground for a fiver, but it maybe better to park towards the bottom of the hill and walk up to the ground, as i promise you will walk faster out of the ground and back down to you car, then you will sat in it in the queue after the game.

Let’s hope it’s not all downhill from tonight. 

• Like 1

And not wishing to rub it in, but I work in High Wycombe and my boss has kindly agreed to be the main match sponsor! So I am in the posh seats with the prawn sandwich brigade (if Wycombe have such a following....)

In the posh end along with 4 of my City supporting family and 16 other Wycombe supporting colleagues.... should be lively....

We also get to choose the MOM, are we allowed to go with a city player, when away (I am gonna give it ago!!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 2
7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Haven’t got the nerves as I would do for a league game, that’s for sure. Almost a friendly feel about it to me…

Not bothered if we win or lose. Each to their own of course!

Personally I can't get my head around this.

I understand that overall the League is our primary competition. However, when it comes to an individual game a Cup game is surely more significant.

If we lose a league game then so what? We stay on the same points and get another opportunity to gain points in a few days time.

If we lose tonight that's it. That's our annual opportunity to win a Cup gone for another year.

I know the EFL Cup may not be the most prestigious competition going, but it's a Cup.

As you say each to their own, but I feel more nerves for a cup game than one of 46 league games we play every year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I remember the days of enduring Radio Bristol just for the goal updates.

The programme would be interrupted with ‘ and there’s been a goal at Ashton Gate’ followed by a few seconds of panic before ‘ yes, and Tom Ritchie ( or A.N. Other) has put City ahead :dancing2:‘ or ‘ and it’s gone to the away side’ :grr:

Good old Herbie Gillam

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Personally I can't get my head around this.

I understand that overall the League is our primary competition. However, when it comes to an individual game a Cup game is surely more significant.

If we lose a league game then so what? We stay on the same points and get another opportunity to gain points in a few days time.

If we lose tonight that's it. That's our annual opportunity to win a Cup gone for another year.

I know the EFL Cup may not be the most prestigious competition going, but it's a Cup.

As you say each to their own, but I feel more nerves for a cup game than one of 46 league games we play every year.

You feel more nervous for tonight than you did on Sunday v Cardiff?

Interesting that.