IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You are right but when one mistake is made you don’t make a second and a third. None of the mistakes justifies the previous one. Naismith needed to get rid and have a right ******* pop at King afterwards.

One pass back from King, is another few seconds of time wasted.  It’s what they do.  What KN did next is the problem.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is not aimed at you Davefevs but I'm surprised that I haven't seen any caustic posts about Naismith's second big clanger of the season so far. If it had been someone else, this forum would have been boiling with anger toward that individual.

It's about time that Pearson drummed into his players, that the best form of defense is attack. Keeping the ball in the last thirty yards of their goal line is where we should have been, not playing idiots near our own penalty area!

I did notice on Lutons forum during the week comments about his ‘regular clangers’

He’s a footballer rather than a defender

Theres an upside (Many have commented on) (There’s definite pluses in him) and downside to that and we either accept there’s a pay off or we dont

On a perfect world he’d make the correct decision and execute perfectly every time and there would be no pay off just overwhelming plusses

But then again he’d be in the Prem

That's not an excuse for poor decision making / mistakes , and something he clearly needs to work on , 

But , being realistic he does seem to be that sort of player

But needs to minimise as many mistakes as possible 

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not.

I missed the opening 35 minutes today….and the sun / brightness made watching the second half on Robinstv not easy, so not a game I can readily analyse.

Where / who did Madine peel onto, Vyner or Naismith…or straight down the middle (or even all three)?

But he is picked as our main centre back .it should be klose in that position who made us far better there when he arrived. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

King is one of the whipping boys though isn't he, so it was always going to be his fault even if Naismith had turned and smashed it into his own net.

No one can argue that their equaliser was a monumental **** up , feeling even worse due to the timing of it

But for weeks we’ve had 

When we are leading why can’t we keep the ball’

if I was coaching I’d be saying 

Where’s your next pass , Are you being closed down and in danger of losing possession or are your option(s) for the pass in similar peril’  

Thats the time to hit the channel IMHO

King kept possession

It appears, to me at least  Naysmith is the one who’s made the bad decision 

I’m not sure knocking it into the channel is his first thought

His instinct to play / keep possession will benefit us , but will cost us again , they arn’t robots ;(Though you’d hope & expect them to learn / improve)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It's to save the team. 

You would take the red, if it meant securing the 3 points for the team. 

My point is that he takes the red which is remembered for far longer than the reason he had to take red. I accept the premise that he should take one for the team.

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

No one can argue that their equaliser was a monumental **** up , feeling even worse due to the timing of it

But for weeks we’ve had 

When we are leading why can’t we keep the ball’

if I was coaching I’d be saying 

Where’s your next pass , Are you being closed down and in danger of losing possession or are your option(s) for the pass in similar peril’  

Thats the time to hit the channel IMHO

King kept possession

It appears, to me at least  Naysmith is the one who’s made the bad decision 

I’m not sure knocking it into the channel is his first thought

His instinct to play / keep possession will benefit us , but will cost us again , they arn’t robots ;(Though you’d hope & expect them to learn / improve)

Naismiths instincts will benefit us greatly but not as a centre back he takes a lot of risks with his passing and has got away with a few very close calls in a few games as well as the ones he didn't get away with, move him into midfield not leave him as last man he will get caught a lot more for sure and doesn't have the pace to recover. Apart from that he is quality in the right position. 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree on Bentley. Given the angle that’s one where you set yourself and say to the forward “hit it across me if you’re good enough”. Bentley rushing out and not being set made the blokes mind up for him and it was a piece of piss to lift the ball over him, wouldn’t call that a fourth “mistake” in the build up to the goal but not fantastic goalkeeping either.

In hindsight that has got to be right. Their forward has half a yard on Vyner, but given that he is doing the right thing. He is forcing him a bit wide and not giving him a clear run at goal. Bentley coming out made it easier for him to find the finish.

Equally if AS got that goal we would all be saying great run and finish.

I think today just showed where we are and whilst I do hope the best for the team we just don't have enough depth on the bench but we are a lot closer then last season.  I think a lot comes down to our 3 cb's and central midfield during the latter part of games. I love our attacking play and seeing Conway link a fair few times with Semenyo is exciting!

We possibly could sign Bamba so that would help the depth but otherwise it seems our hands are tied. On the note of cb's does anyone know if it was injury related why Klose wasn't on the bench? As this physical game would of been right up his street.

7 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I think today just showed where we are and whilst I do hope the best for the team we just don't have enough depth on the bench but we are a lot closer then last season.  I think a lot comes down to our 3 cb's and central midfield during the latter part of games. I love our attacking play and seeing Conway link a fair few times with Semenyo is exciting!

We possibly could sign Bamba so that would help the depth but otherwise it seems our hands are tied. On the note of cb's does anyone know if it was injury related why Klose wasn't on the bench? As this physical game would of been right up his street.

Klose is our best centre back end of,shoeing naismith into there is wrong, I think pearson wants him in and puts him in middle cos he gets caught for pace down the side.i also think he is picking players he wants in rather than the best for the position. I think he will pick James as soon as he can when I believe naismith should be doing the James role.with the running we now have up front I believe naismith would have a field day in midfield we have the players to do the chasing in massengo Williams etc so for me if fit Klose everyone.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, cityexile said:

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Mid table innit? Realistically that should be what we are aiming for this season and would represent some success and progress. We have no right really to be expecting the academy kids to be making such an impact.

Want to kick the cat for that equaliser, but they did have a chance or two before that. One thing that had been different generally is that when a goal up NP likes to still carry a threat. Seemed to lose that today. Maybe at the margin them having mid week off helped a little.

If our borderline fluky third and their late one is not given them it’s a decent 2-2. Both downs arguably to Naismith. Blackpool make it difficult and we know we are work in progress. Bloody frustrating but it is what it is.

Mid table that's what we should be aiming for, really, well for you maybe, me? I hope the management and players have got a little more ambition, sorry if that sounds a little too optimistic but with the players I think we have and their possible improvement I hope their ambitions are a little higher than that.    

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, pillred said:

Mid table that's what we should be aiming for, really, well for you maybe, me? I hope the management and players have got a little more ambition, sorry if that sounds a little too optimistic but with the players I think we have and their possible improvement I hope their ambitions are a little higher than that.    

I think having seen the first six games, we should be aiming a little higher. Enjoy the ride. It won’t be smooth but we should see some good football along the way. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I think that we've mostly matched them physically, except for a few headaches in the box.

Headaches - too many stupid decisions by experienced players - poor reactions from the keeper and a defender who is so scared of criticism for messing up his confidence is totally shot - other than that we look good for a top half finish!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pillred said:

From a few posts on here from those with a bit of ITK it appears the players aspiration is higher than “just” mid table.  Conway confirmed this in the week I think.

• Like 1

We all make mistakes not really helping to pick out certain players who have made them in a game.

I am sure players and management are fully aware of their errors and will make every effort not to repeat them. We have a strike force to be feared, when all fit and (although still a bit light) a midfield and defence who will give their all.

I was fearful at the start of season but if we continue with the efforts shown recently its the rest of the teams in this div who should be fearful now. Bring on the City.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Real shame not to win it but it sounded like another decent performance! Blackpool fans very impressed by us…

Things are looking up??

It's odd I've read bits on their forum and many claim they had been the better side and should have beaten us. Not sure what game some of them were watching tbh. Found them quite direct 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From a few posts on here from those with a bit of ITK it appears the players aspiration is higher than “just” mid table.  Conway confirmed this in the week I think.

I hope they are as well, what would be the point otherwise unless they are just happy to take a wage, we need players with ambition I'm tired of the club employing journeymen who realise if we do go up they are not good enough and would consequently be making themselves redundant.