IGNORED

Burnley away match thread

Honestly, Atkinson and Naismith with no clue who was going to close down! This back 3 needs a leader! Nige should tell one of them to call who closes down, like in that situation Naismith should be telling Atkinson to close down if he is going to stand off.
Atkinson, Naismith and Vyner all seem to want to be that last man who doesn't commit to challenges and you can't have that in a back three, at the very least we need a leader in the back three who will communicate what should be happening. This is why I don't think a back three ever works well, because it's so rare to find a centre back who can not only play well in a back three but can lead the back three with clear commands.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Honestly, Atkinson and Naismith with no clue who was going to close down! This back 3 needs a leader! Nige should tell one of them to call who closes down, like in that situation Naismith should be telling Atkinson to close down if he is going to stand off.
Atkinson, Naismith and Vyner all seem to want to be that last man who doesn't commit to challenges and you can't have that in a back three, at the very least we need a leader in the back three who will communicate what should be happening. This is why I don't think a back three ever works well, because it's so rare to find a centre back who can not only play well in a back three but can lead the back three with clear commands.

Absolutely shambolic from both Atkinson and Naismith there. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Didn’t need commands there. Atkinson just had to cover the space or close down and the lad can’t score.

However exciting we have been to watch this year with our approach we are going nowhere with the amount of goals we concede . We are deffo not relegation material as we have looked previous years but just by the sheer amount of goals we concede we will be a fair way off the play offs , 

I truly hope I’m wrong because when we start playing it’s great to watch but stats will tell you if you concede the amount we do your gonna struggle to make progress 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Sorry but that defending is just unforgivable. Absolutely pathetic 

We’ve been playing some nice stuff lately but our defending is embarrassing 

I've said this before I know.

Strikers win games but defences win championships/ promotion.

:(

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Sorry but that defending is just unforgivable. Absolutely pathetic 

We’ve been playing some nice stuff lately but our defending is embarrassing 

Sunday league. One of the advantages should be of keeping a stable back line is they get to know eachother, partnerships build etc. That goal looked like they had never played together before. Ho hum.