IGNORED

Burnley away match thread

Scott is great at winning free kicks but sometimes when he goes down I wonder if it's a case of too much play acting or he's actually hurt, if it's play acting then he needs to cut that out as it leaves us a man down in a key position when we're playing him anywhere other than where Weimann is currently playing.

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn’t need commands there. Atkinson just had to cover the space or close down and the lad can’t score.

Yeah but when Atkinson doesn't do that it shows he doesn't know what he should be doing in that situation, that's when you need a leader in the back 3. You see it all the time in football, if you have that centre back who is shouting, commanding the back line those issues don't happen. We don't have it, Vyner is getting better but still ball watches at times leaving the back line in danger and Atkinson is very indecisive, if I were Nige I'd be telling Naismith to take command of that back line being as he's in between them. It's not a lot to ask that if Naismith wants to be the final man then he shouts "go to him" in that situation, if he is closer and he closes down then he shouts "cover". This is basic stuff in football but we don't seem to do it.

Also, so close, unlucky Tommy there, keeper closed down so quickly.

Funny old game. Gave Norwich a real test and thought we were unlucky overall, even if somewhat self inflicted. Burnley given us as good a going over that half as we have had this season, and we are level.

Hard to get the ball off them. Bite your hand off for a point, but having been down very early, at least making a game of it.