IGNORED

Birmingham away

mightyreds89

On 20/09/2022 at 12:07, Logical-City said:

You have to give people the opportunity to get a ticket. Announcing the release date and time of tickets and selling them at the ground the old fashioned way allows a chance for all, my experience last year and this season trying to get a ticket for Birmingham and Bournemouth in the away end was frustrating to say the least!

Despite spending £600 on a season ticket I have 0 chance of getting a ticket to certain away games that’s not right 

Adding to that the current system allows for people to buy up to 10 tickets per season ticket.

Some one with a Bristol Sport online account can add up to 20 season tickets on their online profile and mop up tickets in seconds

If someone is able to at work they can be given season tickets from multiple season card holders and clean up the tickets for them and their well organised group of City supporters 

This happened with the Bournemouth game 100 tickets were left I got 3 by the time I entered my card info they were sold out ! I took the day off work to buy tickets and was completely shafted never had a chance 

Sell away tickets at the ground if you can’t get there to buy one or if can’t get a family member to the ground to buy one better luck next time at least EVERYONE gets an opportunity to see an away game.

Its a classism of I get more time to watch City I’m entitled to get a ticket 1st BS

With respect, you are talking absolute garbage.

Initial allocation for any away game is to Season Ticket holders only. I believe you have stated you are in that category so I do not think I have to explain why this is so to you.

The current system DOES NOT allow anyone to buy 'up to 10 tickets per season ticket'. The only way that this can happen is if one person is buying OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS tickets on their behalf, through linking accounts. To put it simply, it would be no different if those 10 ST holders did it online themselves.

The next category allowed to buy are Members. I believe this is what you mean by the Bristol Sport online accounts. I can assure you that any Member CANNOT 'mop up tickets in seconds'. People can only buy what they are entitled to buy

Please can you provide proof that these practices are going on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Initial allocation for any away game is to Season Ticket holders only. I believe you have stated you are in that category so I do not think I have to explain why this is so to you.

The current system DOES NOT allow anyone to buy 'up to 10 tickets per season ticket'. The only way that this can happen is if one person is buying OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS tickets on their behalf, through linking accounts. To put it simply, it would be no different if those 10 ST holders did it online themselves.

The next category allowed to buy are Members. I believe this is what you mean by the Bristol Sport online accounts. I can assure you that any Member CANNOT 'mop up tickets in seconds'. People can only buy what they are entitled to buy

It would actually take longer for 1 person to buy 10 tickets than it would for 10 individuals because you’ve got to mess about assigning 10 different season ticket holders from the pull down options!

• Like 1

On 20/09/2022 at 14:02, Logical-City said:

I may be wrong I think you can add 10 season cards on each Bristol Sport profile and buy 3 tickets on each season card on that profile 

So assuming you have access to to multiple profiles for example and have 10 cards added on each of those profiles with multiple browsers open you can get a lot of tickets purchased for people that is possible yes so silly people like me are waiting by the PC at 9:50 ready to buy when I never had a chance. Also staff will have ways of securing tickets 

Further to my post above. Again can I ask you for proof 'staff have ways of securing tickets?' You seem to be suggesting they are doing something not above board?

Again I state most strongly that staff can only buy tickets that they are entitled to, eg by claiming against their Season Ticket for example. Other than that they go online like everyone else. No priority at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It would actually take longer for 1 person to buy 10 tickets than it would for 10 individuals because you’ve got to mess about assigning 10 different season ticket holders from the pull down options!

Exactly, I cannot believe the utter rubbish in this persons head

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Isn’t your third paragraph the flaw in the current system that the original poster is complaining about?

If I understand your explanation correctly, one person could have 9 mates season tickets linked to their online account and could use that to buy 10 tickets in total.

Now, if not all 9 mates intend to go to that particular away game the person who has made the purchase has additional tickets that they can then give/sell to non STH friends.

I suppose that’s what the OP means by hoovering up tickets.

Guest cider_reds
On 20/09/2022 at 13:11, Logical-City said:

No because it evens out one week I won’t be able to get to the ground and que for a ticket where you might be able to then you get that ticket on that occasion I live in Weston-Super-Mare but I’d travel to the ground to que I did in the 00s many times 

Todays system allows you an hour to get a ticket some just buy them and don’t go just because they can and decide on the day make them travel to buy that dosent happen 

As I said before the current system does not give many ANY opportunity to have a chance to see a popular away fixture opportunity for all is what is fair

I’m sorry but saw this on Twitter and I’ve got to disagree with you on this. 
Very unfair way of doing things. I live in Manchester but still follow city home and away. If tickets were released at the ground I’d have to travel to Bristol to buy them + the travel to the away game. 
I think it’s totally fair that fans that attend the away games further afield all over the country get first dibs over people who won’t travel north of Birmingham.

Totally understand the cost of living and traveling to games is ridiculous but I don’t think there’s any fairer way of doing it than people who have attended more away games getting a look in first. 

Most clubs in the country do it this way. How annoyed would you be if you traveled to all 22 away games then miss out on the last of the season.

Pretty sure tickets for Birmingham went on sale to members/general sale anyway. So if you were on the ball you could have snapped them up if you have a season ticket like you say you do. (Apologies if they didn’t go to members sale, but I think I remember some availability left) 

whos to say we won’t get more tho anyways 

10 hours ago, not_for_you said:

Isn’t your third paragraph the flaw in the current system that the original poster is complaining about?

If I understand your explanation correctly, one person could have 9 mates season tickets linked to their online account and could use that to buy 10 tickets in total.

Now, if not all 9 mates intend to go to that particular away game the person who has made the purchase has additional tickets that they can then give/sell to non STH friends.

I suppose that’s what the OP means by hoovering up tickets.

No difference to someone saying to their mate as you're not going can you use your season ticket to buy a ticket for my mate.

The system may not be 100% fair but its as close as it could be. 

It's not often posters deserve their own song, but as he calls himself Logical City and his entire approach was anything but Logical, well it had to be done.... A little work to get some lines to scan, but I was bored, so have an earworm....and my apologies for the 30 seconds of your life you're not getting back!

When Brum tix went on sale I thought it was wonderful
I'll buy me one, oh, I'll wait a bit, not just yet
And all the fans on the net, well they'd be buying so happily
Oh wait for me, I won't buy one yet, can't you see?
But then they all sold out quick, it seemed I wasn't so sensible
Logical, oh, responsible, practical
So I went on One Team and moaned about how they all sold out
I blew my chance, oh everything I moaned about......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

It's not often posters deserve their own song, but as he calls himself Logical City and his entire approach was anything but Logical, well it had to be done.... A little work to get some lines to scan, but I was bored, so have an earworm....and my apologies for the 30 seconds of your life you're not getting back!

When Brum tix went on sale I thought it was wonderful
I'll buy me one, oh, I'll wait a bit, not just yet
And all the fans on the net, well they'd be buying so happily
Oh wait for me, I won't buy one yet, can't you see?
But then they all sold out quick, it seemed I wasn't so sensible
Logical, oh, responsible, practical
So I went on One Team and moaned about how they all sold out
I blew my chance, oh everything I moaned about......

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am
who I am…

who I am…

no words even needed changing!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

I guess the nation-wide rail strike just announced for the day of the Birmingham game may have spoilt a lot of peoples’ (including my own) plans for this game.

Strikes are on 1st and 5th aren’t they? 

Edited by lenred

44 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

As a RMT member and a Bristol City fan and got tickets for Birmingham away as well , we have had a message that the RMT and the government have finally met , and talks were positive more talks planned so hopefully might get sorted 

Good on you mate hope you reach a good compromise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockwood gate said:

As a RMT member and a Bristol City fan and got tickets for Birmingham away as well , we have had a message that the RMT and the government have finally met , and talks were positive more talks planned so hopefully might get sorted 

Having to travel to a football match by road instead of by train is a very small price to pay, hopefully the RMT stand firm

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 5

52 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What a completely illogical argument regarding away tickets. Simply dillusional 

Par for the course, I’m afraid.

This was the same poster who had it on good authority that Semenyo’s recent injury was invented in cahoots with the Ghanaian team and a local journalist, and that he was, in fact, fit, but sent home to be wrapped up in cotton ‘wall’ in order to be sold in the recent transfer window.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2022 at 16:51, ralphindevon said:

Im sure train strikes used to always be week days!?

The union chief clearly not a football fan.

He’s a Millwall fan.

I know, I was shocked too, he doesn’t come across as their type at all, does he?

You’d have immediately thought Fulham (“another slice of quiche”?) wouldn’t you?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

This is exactly what happened with the Bournemouth tickets for reference to my previous comments I took the morning off work and was online at 9:50 am ready to buy. I will not be putting myself through that rage again good luck to those that try.

I will not be taking time off work for an online ticket lottery rather get paid now if I could go down and que at the ground before 10am where the people in said que could only buy 3 tickets and leave and I know no funny business is occurring I’d be happy to do this

Took the morning off work ?

• Like 2

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

This is exactly what happened with the Bournemouth tickets for reference to my previous comments I took the morning off work and was online at 9:50 am ready to buy. I will not be putting myself through that rage again good luck to those that try.

I will not be taking time off work for an online ticket lottery rather get paid now if I could go down and que at the ground before 10am where the people in said que could only buy 3 tickets and leave and I know no funny business is occurring I’d be happy to do this

Just imagine if you got to the ground and there were 378 people in front of you !!!

You had your priority sales period, you missed the sale, stop looking to blaming everyone but yourself for missing out

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

image.gif.efd6db61529d9202887e1a7a0e8d52e0.gif

2 hours ago, Logical-City said:

It took about 30 seconds at 10.20 am last week on the day they went on sale, to buy one. A whole morning wow !

16 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Yea we don’t all work with computers the Bournemouth tickets went in 10 minutes 

Completely different scenario, and if you cannot admit that then you definitely are not ligical.

These Birmingham tickets were on sale for DAYS - they even made it to GENERAL SALE.

You have absolutely nobody to blame bar yourself for not getting one in the first place.

1 minute ago, Logical-City said:

I find the online ticket system a free for all limiting opportunities for some City fans to attend DESIRABLE away fixtures.

That is the crux of my opinion and it won’t change 

Out of interest what priority period that comes after general sale did you want to purchase the tickets in?

Period for OTIB users with a dash in their username??

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

I find the online ticket system a free for all limiting opportunities for some City fans to attend DESIRABLE away fixtures.

How is that any different to standing in a queue. You decide to join the line at midnight and be first in line or chance it at 8am and hope there are tickets left when you get to the head of the queue. This way the queue is 30 seconds long and you can sit with a cup of coffee in the warm. (2 away tickets purchased before 10.10 am today).

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

But not you as you have a season ticket and have a priority window in which to buy these 'desirable' tickets.

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Two options you apply online for a ticket in the necessary sales period, or you pick up the phone and purchase a ticket in the necessary sales period

As you have already confirmed you missed the window you had to purchase tickets within.

There is clearly no problem with the sales method for you in this instance, the sooner you recognise and accept that the better for you buying tickets in the future

You clearly have access to the internet, there is only one person at fault in this instance

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

10 am on a Weds who has the time ? 
20 minutes ?‍♂️ Are we playing Barcelona or is there a team effort mop up leaving some supporters with 0 chance ?

This method of selling tickets is flawed, unfair and dare I say illogical ?

How about selling half online and half on the phone/ at the ground ? That’s fair. 3 tickets per supporter

Rather than one fan or their kids with access to multiple City fans Bristol sports accounts with spare time at 10am buying the tickets in 20 minutes ?‍♂️ That’s happening I’m very sure

That was quite slow. Reading tickets sold out in 14 minutes (until they released another block). 

25 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

20 minutes ?‍♂️ Are we playing Barcelona or is there a team effort mop up leaving some supporters with 0 chance ?

How about selling half online and half on the phone/ at the ground ? That’s fair. 3 tickets per supporter

Rather than one fan or their kids with access to multiple City fans Bristol sports accounts with spare time at 10am buying the tickets in 20 minutes ?‍♂️ That’s happening I’m very sure

Why in God's good name would somebody who needs to buy multiple tickets deliberately choose to not buy tickets when they were readily available for days, but instead decide to wait until an extra allocation was put on sale and then buy them all? 

star trek spock GIF

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

So, for Birmingham, only 650  people could buy tickets. 325 to queue in an orderly line at Ashton Gate in the wind and rain and 325 online. Would season ticket holders have to be balloted to see who can buy online and who has to drive, in some cases, hundreds of miles to queue. 

You keep saying about who has the time at 10am in the morning. It takes less than a minute to log on choose a ticket and pay for it.

Keep churning out the excuses. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

10 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

Great idea. I could be in the physical queue at AG, on the phone and online whilst queuing so 3 times the chance of getting tickets! I could 'mop up' in no time. ?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

I think this needs moving to its own thread that will almost certainly be a classic.

12 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

Is your username a delicious piece of irony?

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Great idea. I could be in the physical queue at AG, on the phone and online whilst queuing so 3 times the chance of getting tickets! I could 'mop up' in no time. ?

Bring the kids and they could do the same. No one else would get a look in.

I am all for taking the proverbial out of posters when they have had a ‘mare’, provided they can take it.

I think of posters such as @Robbored, for instance, who is constantly the subject of ridicule, scorn, sometimes outright abuse, but he has demonstrated he is thick skinned and can take all that is thrown at him, and then some, and still give it back - fair play to him, I say, and long may it continue.

There are some (nameless) posters who set themselves up on a pedestal and are fair game.

I am one of the biggest culprits for making sarcastic comments at ‘silly’ spelling or grammatical mistakes, but I recognise also that some on this forum are dyslexic, may not be too proficient in the English language or may not even have English as a first language.

There would be nothing funny, big or clever in seeking a cheap laugh at their expense, so, obviously, I refrain.

Which brings me to @Logical-City, with whom I have had run ins previously.

Now, I don’t know him from Adam, and he has obviously had a ‘mare’ on this subject, but perhaps, for whatever reason it was, he genuinely missed out on getting his Birmingham (and Bournemouth) tickets and is just naturally cheesed off.

I, like many on here, am reasonably computer literate and am able to have access to a computer (or phone) during normal working hours.

It may be that our poster does not feel comfortable making online purchases, perhaps he doesn’t even have a credit card.

Re. ten minutes on line, I should imagine people who work in, e.g. Amazon, would find it very difficult and, strange though it may seem, may find it easier and more convenient to take a few (poorly paid) hours off work to queue for tickets and pay in cash.

Anyway, I have said quite enough, but perhaps we could all recognise that, in some cases, what we might consider an insignificant task is, for some, an almost insurmountable difficulty.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am all for taking the proverbial out of posters when they have had a ‘mare’, provided they can take it.

I think of posters such as @Robbored, for instance, who is constantly the subject of ridicule, scorn, sometimes outright abuse, but he has demonstrated he is thick skinned and can take all that is thrown at him, and then some, and still give it back - fair play to him, I say, and long may it continue.

There are some (nameless) posters who set themselves up on a pedestal and are fair game.

Phil - I have the skin of a rhino - nothing, and I mean nothing ever bothers me. Personal jibes or insults aimed at me are water of a ducks back.

Those that slag me off really are wasting their time…………:dunno:

• Haha 1