IGNORED

Erling Haaland, are we in the early days of the greatest goalscorer ever?

BCFCGav

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Apart from his immense footballing talent, the Viking Nordic Meat Shield seems to be a considerate bloke as well.

There was a video doing the rounds of the Man City players throwing their warm up tops to the kit guy with little thought...but not the Viking...folds his top up, walks over to the guy and places it in his kit bag whilst acknowledging him. 

Then this happens during the game...made me chuckle as he obviously knows he's good enough for it to not trouble his game...a one off.

Thats been blown way out of proportion. If you look at the League celebrations there are many pictures and videos of the staff member involved in the celebrations including being sat on Grealish's shoulders. I've seen Scott Murray stand with both his arms out wide as players take of a training vest and sling it on his arm but towards the end they started chucking it on his head. Did I take that as rich players making fun of of a kitman, or players having a laugh with a friend/colleague.

Maybe, just maybe, Harland has only known the bloke a month or so, so didn't feel it appropriate to join in that 'joke'.

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

Thats been blown way out of proportion. If you look at the League celebrations there are many pictures and videos of the staff member involved in the celebrations including being sat on Grealish's shoulders. I've seen Scott Murray stand with both his arms out wide as players take of a training vest and sling it on his arm but towards the end they started chucking it on his head. Did I take that as rich players making fun of of a kitman, or players having a laugh with a friend/colleague.

Maybe, just maybe, Harland has only known the bloke a month or so, so didn't feel it appropriate to join in that 'joke'.

Oh come on Grifty..I get that everyone can be included etc etc.

But you only have to watch that video to see there was no high jinx or fun being had between players and kitman.

As you say...there's plenty of banter usually between staff and players.

But in this case imo...items were just thrown, no laughs, no eye contact. Maybe a one off...but one person's actions of thoughtfulness and kindness go a long way, especially when focussed on the job at hand.

He comes across as a genuine nice guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Apart from his immense footballing talent, the Viking Nordic Meat Shield seems to be a considerate bloke as well.

There was a video doing the rounds of the Man City players throwing their warm up tops to the kit guy with little thought...but not the Viking...folds his top up, walks over to the guy and places it in his kit bag whilst acknowledging him. 

Then this happens during the game...made me chuckle as he obviously knows he's good enough for it to not trouble his game...a one off.

Did you see the interview comparing him and Northampton’s top scorer Sam Hoskins?

I assume it’s fake subtitles….but imagine it was real.  I can imagine him saying it though, can’t you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did you see the interview comparing him and Northampton’s top scorer Sam Hoskins?

I assume it’s fake subtitles….but imagine it was real.  I can imagine him saying it though, can’t you?

Yes....it's a fake translation...good  humour though. And yes...you could imagine him saying it. Seems a top bloke, level headed. Obviously had some good up bringing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Does anyone think he could break Dixie Dean's record?

If he keeps going at the rate he's scoring and plays every game then yes he would break the record with four or five games to spare.

Dean's record was also set in a 42 game season - 1.43 goals per game. An adjusted record for Haaland could be said to be 55 goals as 38*1.43 is 55 (I've rounded up to whole goals).

But people will hold 60 up as the record so that's really what he's aiming for.

Edited by ExiledAjax

15th January 1938; Alfie Rowles made his debut for City and scored 12 goals in his first six games.This was a record for a player starting his League career.

But then he was injured and retired from playing.  Otherwise Haaland may find himself compared to Alfie.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

15th January 1938; Alfie Rowles made his debut for City and scored 12 goals in his first six games.This was a record for a player starting his League career.

But then he was injured and retired from playing.  Otherwise Haaland may find himself compared to Alfie.

And in the season prior to Dean's exploits George Camsell scored 59 in just 37 games in the second division for Boro. That's 1.59 goals per game so if Haaland matches that (he's currently on 1.75 per game) across a 38 game season then he'll land on 61 at the end.

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And in the season prior to Dean's exploits George Camsell scored 59 in just 37 games in the second division for Boro. That's 1.59 goals per game so if Haaland matches that (he's currently on 1.75 per game) across a 38 game season then he'll land on 61 at the end.

What`s Messi`s record scoring season? IIRC it`s something ridiculous like 90.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

If he keeps going at the rate he's scoring and plays every game then yes he would break the record with four or five games to spare.

Dean's record was also set in a 42 game season - 1.43 goals per game. An adjusted record for Haaland could be said to be 55 goals as 38*1.43 is 55 (I've rounded up to whole goals).

But people will hold 60 up as the record so that's really what he's aiming for.

He got his 60 goals in 39 games, so not a huge difference. Personally I think he will fall a little short. Done amazingly but would be astounded if there wasn't a dip at some point in the season 

20 minutes ago, One Team said:

Another hat trick today then, his 4th for Man City, taking his tally to 31 for the season already. It's like he's on cheat mode on FIFA or something. Just unreal. 

He didn't score in 2 games and people talked about a goal drought

• Like 1