IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

All you wanting Bentley dropped - he's stopped this being a cricket score. 

OK, he's not dominant enough on crosses sometimes - but he saves us game, after game, after game. 

Bentley is the least of our problems..! 

Arguably 2 of the goals down to his lack of  wanting to come out and collect. Great shot stopper for sure, but does not provide confidence for an already shaky defense.

• Like 8

Same as last season, poor on set pieces when defending, can't attack unless it's on the counter. If I was any team in this league against us I'd set up to push us out wide by keeping central in numbers and just hit us on the counter over and over. At the very worst it's be a draw.
We lack any kind of creativity through movement off the ball and have even less when it comes to making the clever passes, we're so one dimensional and we've been found out and Pearson doesn't seem to have any kind of backup plan. I honestly cannot remember the last manager that was able to get us to play more than one style effectively. Little Lee tried to change our playstyle but it never worked and so many managers have been and gone without the ability to do it either. I honestly do not understand this iron will to stick to playing a 3/5 at the back system, we lack any kind of punch from crossing and now teams are sitting back we can't penetrate when attacking. 

I'm sure many of our less vocal fans could see this coming sooner or later and much like myself were hoping no opposition teams caught on and we could sort our defence out during the great goal scoring run. It's now 1 point in five games, that one point coming from bottom of the league, we're barrelling down the league with potential to end up fighting slipping into the bottom 3. I know people will say it's a knee-jerk reaction but let's be honest, the defence is shaky at the best of times and now teams are realising so long as they keep numbers behind the ball then points are on the table.

One thing I will say, the amount of shite I've read about Naismith being to blame, well, this is the first game we've played without him and we've been thumped and looked awful coming out of the back 3. One of the reasons Naismith makes mistakes is because he's a lot braver on the ball then any of our defenders, he's willing to carry the ball and he can pass it effectively. I'd also dare to say the reason he was moved into the middle and kept there once he was is because of this ability and his switched on mentality. I've had enough of 3 at the back now, we should be looking at playing with 4 at the back, hell I'd rather see us play 4-1-3-2 with Naismith as the one in front of the defence. Scott in the middle of the 3 with Massengo and James/Williams. 

If we continue playing with 3 at the back and lacking any punch through the middle of the pitch then we'll be hoping for other teams to do worse than us in order to stay up because we're toothless when attacking through the middle, counter attack seems to be off of the menu and the less said about the crossing the better.

• Like 4
Just now, BCFCGav said:

Need to cheer them on bloody loud on Wednesday. They need it. 

100 percent this as I feel we’re up against it now needs to be a siege mentality to try and spur them back to life

Then again with the current set up with away fans all behind the one goal we basically concede the atmosphere at home!

• Hmmm 1