IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

13 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Play like they did Saturday and it could be a very long evening indeed.

Play like we did at Blackburn and we’ll win… with the exception of Naismith we will likely field the same team too now that MJ is available. Lot of home pressure on West Brom.. 1-3.

16 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I thought their nickname was the 'Throstles' not baggies?

They were and still are by me. It's a much more attractive nickname than The Baggies. It's the same with other teams. Burnley The Turfites not The Clarets; Crystal Palace The Glaziers not The Eagles; Reading The Biscuitmen not The Royals. I'm sure there are many more, even my own username as opposed to Black Cat. But I'm an old fashioned traditionalist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The only match I really enjoyed away to West Brom was in the promotion season of 75-76. I great 1-0 win. Most of it since has been a bit of a disappointment 

Been twice, Rumbelows Cup 2-2 Nicky Morgan brace

FA Cup 2-2 Kodjia, Agard…Max debut.

Ill take 2-2 tonight

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

The 2-2 there in the FA Cup back in 2016 was one of the best away days in recent years.

Brilliant scenes when Kodjia put the equaliser in, absolute carnage when Agard made it 1-2!

I ended up about 10 rows further forward.

Yes; remember it well. It was the first away game for one of the lads with me. He was hooked after that game. I had to say its not like this at every away match!

• Robin 1
32 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

They were and still are by me. It's a much more attractive nickname than The Baggies. It's the same with other teams. Burnley The Turfites not The Clarets; Crystal Palace The Glaziers not The Eagles; Reading The Biscuitmen not The Royals. I'm sure there are many more, even my own username as opposed to Black Cat. But I'm an old fashioned traditionalist.

I thought palace were just called knob heads

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
4 hours ago, Rob k said:

Have we become predicatable in how we set up and play and do we need to change things up and try and become a little more solid at the back tonight and play for a draw? We have a tough run of games coming up and in think a point tonight would be a good result. 

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

iirc we were being pulverised in that game too

How true, that’s what made it so enjoyable. I can remember the goal by Sweeney and a break away attack involving Richie and Cheesley, but the rest just seemed to be West Brom attacks. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Fa cup game - big Arnold Garita warming up on the touchline is what I remember as well.

The days when a punt was £50k!!!

Both these photos are ones I took on the day.  I still think the bird and Annie are trying to get away from the child-catcher with the net!

D811B55E-D2EA-4C4C-84C5-8662E47316E2.jpeg

ED9B7519-9551-4FA7-9007-BEC7C304F8F2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Both these photos are ones I took on the day.  I still think the bird and Annie are trying to get away from the child-catcher with the net!

We were talking about big Arnie ‘the £50k punt’ the other day on the way back from the game. Made I laugh.

I remember Wes Burns skinning Jonny Evans that day. Great turn and run.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well it's my first trip to the Hawthorns tonight. Very much expecting us to concede from a set piece and likely lose, but still have a glimmer of hope that we might spring a little surprise.

I always enjoy the Hawthorns, nice ground and easy access from the motorway. Here’s hoping for a win …enjoy your trip ..COYR! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, underhanded said:

Anyone got suggestions for parking near the ground?

Apparently lots of street parking not too far away, there's also a park and ride and a train station nearby plus some businesses offering parking for a payment

I'll probably get there early and try out the streets before a car park - got stuck for about an hour after Norwich

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Incredibly he’s playing in Romania now..

People forget that the only time he made the subs bench for us was v Man U..

Big game player, clearly.

• Haha 2

My heart says we can get one of those unlikely away wins. My head says we’re going to lose by a couple of goals. Play as badly as we did on Saturday and we’ll get thumped. 

I’ve only been there once, the 2-2 draw in the late 90s when they equalised after about 10 mins of injury time. Lots of trouble that day and to concede such a late goal was sickening after a brave City performance. 

I wish all away fans the very best of luck........and applaud you All for your loyalty.  I just sincerely hope that the City players show the same level of commitment and fortitude that you guys make in following a side that so often lets you down?  I have everything crossed, including my eyes for a positive result............COYR,     

• Like 2